It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hockey Referee Appears Out Of No Where

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
At 7 seconds, a second referee literally appears out of nowhere. Survives repeated watching without being clear just what is going on here.

Original video is here, dated 6th July 2011.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn
At 7 seconds, a second referee literally appears out of nowhere. Survives repeated watching without being clear just what is going on here.

Original video is here, dated 6th July 2011.

www.youtube.com...

Being a hockey geek( i eat,sleep, pee and drink hockey), the one thing that comes to mind is when the referee's are skating. They are taking a position where their heads are at a lower point, that could explain why we didn't see him coming.

Another thing is that are usually 4 referees on the ice. 2 linesman and 2 referees, could just be that one of the linesman was close.

Another detail I noticed, is that a second or two before he shows up in the frame, the hockey player with the red jersey moves a little bit, which is may be blocking the view of the referee skating over.

Does that help to bring a perspective to it?
edit on 10-7-2011 by spaceshrimp because: (no reason given)

ps : S&F for the video, it still looked really weird.
edit on 10-7-2011 by spaceshrimp because: modified the text

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

he's the usain bolt of hockey refferee's

link   
Okay, that looks weird!
The background was open enough a fraction of a second before, that you should see at least a glimpse of him coming.
I will be watching to see if anyone comes up with a logical explanation for this.

link   
At seconds 4 to about 6 when the camera pans left, you can see the second ref standing about 5 feet behind the other ref. The stripes are a little narrower cause of distance. As the camera keeps going left the Mysterious goes to his right behind the ref we seee and come between the two fighters from behind the ref we see. Keep looking at the spot where the ref we see comes into view betwenn the two and youll see right over his left shoulder our right a ref going to our left and on his way to stop the figth.

When 93 slaps 88.
edit on 10-7-2011 by GisfridMaillor because: (no reason given)

link   
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the ice trap door of course of the hnl space time continuum, all joking aside was he on the ice like he feel doesnt look like it or could it be added in after like trickery..

i really dont get it

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I dont think that there is anything paranormal going on here, but that is one incredibly impressive camera trick! Especially for being unintentional! Very amusing. Great video.

link   
Player in red is just in the way, you can see his helmet behind the players head a few split seconds before he 'appears' because he skates so fast.

link   
OK. I don't know what to think of that. Our ATS video pros should have a field day figuring this one out. It does truly seem that he appears out of no where.

Did you find this OP?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GisfridMaillor
At seconds 4 to about 6 when the camera pans left, you can see the second ref standing about 5 feet behind the other ref. The stripes are a little narrower cause of distance. As the camera keeps going left the Mysterious goes to his right behind the ref we seee and come between the two fighters from behind the ref we see. Keep looking at the spot where the ref we see comes into view betwenn the two and youll see right over his left shoulder our right a ref going to our left and on his way to stop the figth.

what???!!!
plain english plz

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Sure, Look closely. When 93 slaps 88 you see the other ref behind the ref we see.

Edit-To be specific you see the refs back. Before he turns left and skates in between the fighters.
edit on 10-7-2011 by GisfridMaillor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

yep.bang on the button.
i seen what you talkin' 'bout

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by faint1993
I dont think that there is anything paranormal going on here, but that is one incredibly impressive camera trick! Especially for being unintentional! Very amusing. Great video.

And I'm betting the TV network is sitting tight on the other camera footage to see how far this one will ride.
There is no concievable way they did not have more than one camera on this, plus all the phone cams in the crowd.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

OK. I don't know what to think of that. Our ATS video pros should have a field day figuring this one out. It does truly seem that he appears out of no where.

Did you find this OP?

I did not find this.

Original posting

www.youtube.com...

I have looked at the description there, and also the later comments but no definative.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is what I got...

I am circling what seems to be the only point that I can find from which the ref seems to appear

The top bit seems to be what will become the refs hand. He seems to be there but very tiny and fore shortened.

Here comes the hand...

Very weird video that I am sure will yield a complex explanation involving 'video artifacting'. I do think what we are seeing here is just one of the strangest video artifacts ever.

P.S. These are sequential.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Ia!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not sure if it was paranormal, but it sure was strange to see him pop up like that. I advanced one frame at a time for several times and I sure don't see where he came from. The only thing that I could guess at is that he was bent down for some reason, and popped up to break up the rough play.....

Good catch Frater210
edit on 7/10/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That little bit of sleeve that is shown in the first pic may lend credence to SpaceShrimp's idea that the referee is 'coming in low'. You can see it seems to disappear 'upward' as the hand appears.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Frater210 because: There ya go.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
That little bit of sleeve that is shown in the first pic may lend credence to one member's idea that the referee is 'coming in low'. You can see it seems to disappear 'upward' as the hand appears.

Nice work, If you go back just a bit when the ref we see is doing a teapot stance and you see his orange sleave band on his arm behind 88, go forward a few frames till he is almost behind 88 all the way we see the mysterious ref just to the right of 88 , right next to his left shoulder. Then the ref we see comes in between blocking off the mysterious ref that then turns left and pops inbetween.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's just another one of those damn inter-dimensional reptilian hockey referees

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2011 by spaceshrimp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join