It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs or Space Junk Near the Surface of the Moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by CranialSponge

With a little practice you can get good results from holding a phone camera up to the eyepiece.
edit on 10-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

Heh, I'm from the old school... the only thing my cell phone does is make and receive calls.

I'm one of those crotchety old farts that refuses to upgrade to some silly phone that can make a marguerita in 2.4 seconds flat and collate your tax return forms at the same time.

edit on 10-7-2011 by CranialSponge because: typo

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

reply to post by CranialSponge

With a little practice you can get good results from holding a phone camera up to the eyepiece.
edit on 10-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

Heh, I'm from the old school... the only thing my cell phone does is make and receive calls.

I'm one of those crotchety old farts that refuses to upgrade to some silly phone that can make a marguerita in 2.4 seconds flat and collate your tax return forms at the same time.

edit on 10-7-2011 by CranialSponge because: typo

Fair enough but if you have a web cam which you can buy for pence nowadays you are in business. Here is a video I made using a five quid web cam tapped onto my eyepiece.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It does appear to be something in low lunar orbit.
You can barely see the objects crossing the lunar
surface after the appear above.
Also,I saw two more of those "objects" after the 5 pointed out.
Could be some space rocks blasted from the lunar surface
and slowly returning to the surface due to the low gravity.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Straight away....... I do NOT know much about space debris etc BUT thte last one definitely appears to be above the surface and moving as if it was in a low orbit or something.......

Whatever it is - it looks way too low to be in orbit. If it was junk, it would also be very large junk.

Stumped!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I am really impressed. I think those things are real, how can a thermal disturbance or some other technical failure create at least five identical phenomena? Can we exclude at all CGI?

Wow!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've taken a couple of videos that look just like the one the OP posted. I will try to upload at least one of them in a little bit. I'm not sure how to upload HD movies to youtube.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

First of all WOW. Now ive got that out of the way what the monkey are they? If this is not a hoax it would seem we have something in the moons orbit. Theses things although looking small must be HUGE ,no way space junk. Just think of the scale you are looking at for something to be visible like that it would have to be about a mile or so across. There has got to be a logical explanation there always is just cant put my finger on it yet. Great find.

Tis

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
They seem to move at the same rate and opposite the Moon across the field of view.

I get the impression they are the result of thermal distortion within the telescope, sort of a mirage effect.
edit on 7/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage

Altho you are right on the movement rate... that thermal distortion theory didnt stick with me... not because I find it illogical but because I'm note sure how that would happen... can you explain please?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Looking at the video i think something must of struck the moon on the opposite side.

Wondering if there was a huge crater on the opposite side.

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Phage says;

Originally posted by Phage
sort of a mirage effect.

Kandinsky says;

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I'm stumped for any lunar-based explanations and they aren't TLPs (transient lunar phenomena).

And missing are the hoard of debunkers

I think we are on to a good one here

I can see where Phage is coming from as there is a subtle inferior mirage quality in the enlarged section...a hazy distortion like a road on a summer day.

Really?
And those TLP's just what do you think those might be?

edit on 10-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

man that is good my first mumble in the mush of my head was did john lear finally build his spaceship ?
then i woke up and went what???

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nice catch up

Can we find out approx how big are this ?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I found it!!
This astronaut gave it a nudge from the Apollo 17 mission,
and its still going!

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well what do you know? Month after month of getting irritated by all the pointless YouTube clips and when I finally see one I just can't explain I actually feel a bit disappointed. Well nearly anyway.

Come out. I know you're there somewhere. Which one of you knows what it is?

Maybe you're right Zorgon....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Really impressive, not much else to say except...
wow
S+F

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Did I miss the posting of the info on the origin of this video, the time/date of the scene, and the time stretch of the sequence [real time, 10X, whatever?]. Without such, isn't any excitement a bit premature?

The rule of thumb on lunar motion against the starfield is it moves its own diameter [ 1/2 degree]
in an hour.

Objects in low lunar orbit have a period of about two hours, e.g. Apollos in the good old days.

edit on 10-7-2011 by JimOberg because: stupid typos

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

@defrank2000 I filmed this Saturday July 09, 2011, 10:11:16 PM - GMT+1

flaxious 5 hours ago

That's the only info posted, he doesn't mention camera model or magnification strength or duration of filming. He seems to be answering questions though.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Confirmed i saw the same thing I doubt its a mirage effect.

Watched the Video on 1080p zoomed in all the way.

And the apparent/purported objects/effect appear to cross the surface, or at-least some of them do from what i saw.

Then it appears to disappear

I don't think it can be a mirage.

Either faked or some kind of UFO.

Maybe its the Annunaki Spying on us. The Greys the Reptilians The Nephilim, Or some other Alien race that sent probes or space ships to observe the people of the Earth.

"I have seen pictures from other planets that according to the media may be theoretical at best.
These Planets have Trees,
"People"
"Creature"
"

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It does not seem like a mirage to me see my above post. Another poster found that it had 'crossed the surface' or appeared to so its either fake or a UFO

I have confirmed this watched the video and saw it cross the surface then seemed to 'Disappear'

Maybe this video is of the purported object crossing the surface who knows.

But this video shows a purported object fly-by the Apollo craft. Weird.

13 seconds into the video what is that object flying across the screen

edit on 10-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So we now have two different pseudonyms claiming to have observed the same phenomenon. Cool!

Has anybody checked with what these guys have seen?

Association of Lunar and Planetary Observers

alpo-astronomy.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join