It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs or Space Junk Near the Surface of the Moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Did a ATS search and came up blank on this vid below;Space junk?There are clearly objects appearing at different times here but its hard to say how far or near the Moons surface these objects are; Thoughts anyone;

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Straight away....... I do NOT know much about space debris etc BUT thte last one definitely appears to be above the surface and moving as if it was in a low orbit or something.......

How did you spot these ? You must spend hours watching stuff.....

I also don't think it was BOB for those in the know..

PDUK
edit on 10-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't want to speculate, but how the objects move, it might not be space junk. Because I my position I can't say what it is. Where did you find these video? BTW...Good Post.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Those pesky astronuts littering our solar system again? They ought to be fined like we are down here on earth!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

maybe it would help if they put some trash barrels out there....i'm just sayin.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
First of all WOW. Now ive got that out of the way what the monkey are they? If this is not a hoax it would seem we have something in the moons orbit. Theses things although looking small must be HUGE ,no way space junk. Just think of the scale you are looking at for something to be visible like that it would have to be about a mile or so across. There has got to be a logical explanation there always is just cant put my finger on it yet. Great find.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
ive read for years theres meant to be ufos/aliens on the moon.
does any one on ats have a good telescope and camrea that could look at the moon better or more closely ? if a=good telescope can do this that is. sf for op

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Some great evidence. It appears that the debunkers cannot shout swamp gas or missile, so this thread stays very quiet.

So I give this thread a bump, a flag, and a star.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Good stuff.
It's probably space junk. If you look SOHO there's tons of stuff just zipping along from all over the place.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
does any one on ats have a good telescope and camrea that could look at the moon better or more closely ? if a=good telescope can do this that is. sf for op

If they are real I should be able to see them with my binoculars. Although I used to get a lot closer in when I had my telescope.

edit on 10-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

If they are real I will be able to see them with my binoculars. I used to get alot closer in when I had my telescope.

cool... what binoculars do you use ?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Space junk" the size of a city? Awaiting the logical explanation to ruin my day.

Thanks OP, S&F

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
They seem to move at the same rate and opposite the Moon across the field of view.

I get the impression they are the result of thermal distortion within the telescope, sort of a mirage effect.
edit on 7/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

The moon videos were taken through my old now sold 6" reflecting telescope . I have a pair of Bresser mead lens 50x binoculars that would probably make out objects that large I think my sony handy cam would probably pick them out. This is another ytube account I have where I filmed the blood red moon through my sony dcr camcorder,

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Some great evidence. It appears that the debunkers cannot shout swamp gas or missile, so this thread stays very quiet.

So I give this thread a bump, a flag, and a star.

In the short time that I have been on ATS, I have seen the term 'swamp gas' quite a few times. I have not once, seen it stated by anyone who was giving any effort to actually debunk. The only people who ever use that term, are those who are making a very weak attempt to discredit debunkers, or those who are trying to be funny. Regardless of which reason, it fails every time.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

More than likely, these are stars that are being occulted by the Moon. That means that from our viewpoint, perspectively, they are being passed by the Moon. You will note that in the full Moon images, the Moon is moving across the field of the 'scope as it does when the 'scope if fixed, not automated to follow the motion of the Moon. In the closeup, the Moon appears stationary and the objects seem to move. That is exactly opposite of what is actually happening--the Moon is the only thing moving.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
They seem to move at the same rate and opposite the Moon across the field of view.

I get the impression they are the result of thermal distortion within the telescope, sort of a mirage effect.
edit on 7/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Maybe, not so sure myself though as they seem to pop up and then start to orbit moon until they are washed out by the brightness. Here is a screen shot of one of the objects as it appears in front of the moon after it had popped up on the edge.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff... makes me want to pull out my telescope the next clear night to pay closer attention to that big rock floating over our heads. I've never observed the moon much because I just find it boring.

My interests are more to looking at the deep space messier/ngc objects instead.

But now my curiosity is piqued... space debris ? optical illusions ? NASA blasting for water/uranium ?

Dang I wish I had a ccd camera to attach to my scope.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

With a little practice you can get good results from holding a phone camera up to the eyepiece.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Crikey. That's an interesting video when I was expecting more of the usual BS.

I'm stumped for any lunar-based explanations and they aren't TLPs (transient lunar phenomena). I can see where Phage is coming from as there is a subtle inferior mirage quality in the enlarged section...a hazy distortion like a road on a summer day.

Beyond that, time will tell. The original video uploader isFlaxious...

Flaxious comments...

I filmed the moon, just to test my new camera, when I watched the footage on my computer, I noticed these 'orbs' , ufo's , balls or whatever. Might be artifacts (technical glitches), I just don't know. Thought it was funny to try and analyse it a bit by zooming a little. I counted 7 'orbs' , 2 at the end that aren't counted in the video.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join