It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs or Space Junk Near the Surface of the Moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
When I got my first telescope it was a cheap used one from ebay , and it came with a couple of very cheap eyepieces all of which had tiny specks of dirt inside the lenses and unreachable to clean. Therefore when viewing the moon they would show up in the view as tiny black specks . I think there is a chance that this is what we are seeing although it doesn't match exactly and I would expect them to be visible continuously as the moon tracked across the lens. BTW here is the original video uploaded by flaxious which I think is a little clearer.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CelestialSon

That was a comment about the other video with the same anomaly. They're specs of dust or something on the lense, they don't move. Only the moon moves, those objects are staying perfectly still. It's the same in both videos. But in the one I was commenting about, you can clearly see it move with the camera at around 11 seconds in.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Just watched this on an extended colour gamut screen, they definately continue onto the surface, about 5x their width or more, before they get lost in the camera/atmospheric noise. Some go darker grey to black on the surface which could be the result of the angle of the sun. We are seeing some of the shadow side of the objects, which would be most visible over the light coloured moon but whilst they are over the dark sky, the lighter side is visible. They appear to be following a low orbit trajectory while we see them. I cannot see them coming out into the shadow side (LHS) on the overview imagery, however they do appear to turn once initially appearing on the lighter side of the moon.

Mining? Millitary? Alien? Swamp gas? Asteroids? Moons orbiting a moon? Surely weather balloons must be to blame.

Phage; I guess if they were a recurring, moving, multiple point mirage, requiring differing air densities, then we'd be able to solve the fluttering apollo flag mystery, once and for all!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

I say it is space junk

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I was thinking in terms of refractive thermal effects of a warm lens and cool air.
Refractive effects of water droplets is a better explanation, being more localized.
There are definitely some thermal effects going on too with the undulation of the edge of the moon, but yes, the localized anomalies are more concentrated, like water droplets or something along those lines.

Originally posted by TheAnnouncementMovement
That was a comment about the other video with the same anomaly. They're specs of dust or something on the lense, they don't move. Only the moon moves, those objects are staying perfectly still. It's the same in both videos. But in the one I was commenting about, you can clearly see it move with the camera at around 11 seconds in.
by other video, are you referring to this one?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I get a message saying "video removed by user"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yeah that's the video I was talking about. Once you notice what it is in that video, you can see what it is in the first video. Just to add, I thought this was something orbiting the moon until I saw that second video and figured it out.
edit on 11-7-2011 by TheAnnouncementMovement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
And I thought I had problems with my eyes when I kept on seeing tiny white dots moving away from and towards the moon..

Doesn't happen all the time.. But I am always taking a good look at the moon whenever I can and I do sometimes see this exact same thing.. The wierdest thing is, I see it with my naked eye.. So I had previously put it down to atmospheric effects, dust/dirt in/on my eyes and any other excuse I could think of..

What I find odd is how small these objects are in comparison to what I believe I have seen before. Could possibly be the very same stuff.

I've found that the trick is to not look at the moon but look at its edges, especially on a good clear night.

Will be very nice if we can grab more shots of these events..

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It almost seems like ther are portal doorways there;
SL

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Yes, my 2 to 1 odds means I'm 67% confident it's water droplets or something like that.

Arb, you have to be a 100% sure, like you generally are.

Otherwise, you leave out 33% for wild speculations, and suddenly the Universe is no longer a perfectly rational and explainable environment.

I'm with Jim Oberg on this one, professional astronomers should have a look and see what they think.

What's the appropriate forum?

I sifted through flaxious' (OP video) youtube account, and at first glance found nothing that indicates that he's interested in CGI, but I haven't watched every one of his 71 uploads. He's handy with the camera, he puts effort into his homemade stuff, and he's familiar with phenomenon such as UFOs, Orbs and Chemtrails (all mentioned in some of his vids).

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Whatever they are, they cannot be orbiting the moon.
Orbits around any object have to spend half the time above the equator and half the time below - ie they have to orbit the center of the object.
ALL of those objects are crossing in a direction that will not take them around the center of the moon. Its like trying to put a satellite around the 50 degree latitude mark on earth. Cant be physically done.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I will have to check upon what you just said, but if so then naturally orbiting objects can be excluded,

In any case, if five large objects were in natural orbit around the Moon, can I assume it would have been detected long ago?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's the Decepticons! Someone inform Optimus Prime!

Actually just saw the new movie. I like how they worked the Apollo landings conspiracies into it.

There has to be something up there going on. Why have we not gone back? Why did we set up the ISS and not put a research station on the moon? Every place man has gone we have put research stations. The sea, Antarctica, in orbit, but not the moon? Why is that? Something is up there.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupaJebusFreak
It's the Decepticons! Someone inform Optimus Prime!

Actually just saw the new movie. I like how they worked the Apollo landings conspiracies into it.

There has to be something up there going on. Why have we not gone back? Why did we set up the ISS and not put a research station on the moon? Every place man has gone we have put research stations. The sea, Antarctica, in orbit, but not the moon? Why is that? Something is up there.

Look how long it took to build the ISS ! on the moon you are joking !

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
In any case, if five large objects were in natural orbit around the Moon, can I assume it would have been detected long ago?

If these objects were indeed in orbit around the moon, any and every amateur astronomer with a backyard telescope would be able to see them.
Also, just having spent some time drawing marks on my computer screen following the dots, I'm convinced they are all following the exact opposite trajectory of the moon. But as has been pointed out its actually the moon that is drifting across the field of view, meaning that these mysterious ojects are actually quite stationary.

edit on 11-7-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Wow, interesting, thank's for the clip.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is very interesting. If you look real carefully after the last arrow, you will see a darker objection jetting up and to the left. I agree with others, these must be very large in size to even been seen from such a distance. But at the end of the day the official cause will be a cosmic ray.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
interesting i dont think its anything alien im thinkin just space debre but certainly is very very interesting good find

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Its diligent people like yourself that will change the world IMHO! thank you. In regards to the objects, I have noticed that a lot of members (and me once upon a time) automatically assume 'aliens' however, who is to say that they aren't hu-man? and perhaps there's more to working off planet than meets the eye?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I noticed that at the 47 second mark on the original moon video (on the left) that an object pops up round and then appears to move upwards across the moon. This is not on the enlarged moon video but near the bottom of the original moon video. Check it out for yourselves. First screen shot then watch video in full screen.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnnouncementMovement
You people never fail to amaze me. They follow the camera movement, they are attached to the camera or the telescope! ATS should change their motto to deny intelligence.

You are not talking about the "objects" in the OP footage. They DO NOT move with the camera. They clearly appear to orbit the moon. This is not an artefact I have seen before

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Just because these objects look close to the Moon doesn't mean they are it could be simply high flying birds yes something that simple.

Pardon?

Originally posted by alfa1
Whatever they are, they cannot be orbiting the moon.
Orbits around any object have to spend half the time above the equator and half the time below - ie they have to orbit the center of the object.

That isn't true. Take a look at this. en.wikipedia.org... Now imagine one of the satellites in the image moving a third of the way across the Earth/Moon but still in one of those orbits....

Originally posted by alfa1
But as has been pointed out its actually the moon that is drifting across the field of view, meaning that these mysterious ojects are actually quite stationary.

We do not have enough data to say whether they are moving or stationary. However, they do appear to be moving.

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
There are definitely some thermal effects going on too with the undulation of the edge of the moon, but yes, the localized anomalies are more concentrated, like water droplets or something along those lines.

I'm not convinced about this water droplet explanation. This isn't the first person to point a telescope and camera at the moon. If that is what is happening then there should be thousands of examples of this effect you can show me. And don't to even try to convince me you and Phage have not been trying to find some.

I will hold fire on rejecting Arbitageur's explanation in case someone can reproduce the effect and prove to us that this is a camera artefact.

edit on 11/7/11 by Pimander because: typo

edit on 11/7/11 by Pimander because: Thousands of examples?

edit on 11/7/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/11 by Pimander because: Grammer even worse than usual

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join