It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Etna eruption closes airports and 'knocks clocks 15 minutes fast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This news report has just been posted on the Daily Mail website. Im gobsmacked don't know what to make of it .Surely this cant be true or it must at least have a plausible explanation. Wasnt there a case of this happening in Sicilly a few weeks back ? Edit to add ..here is the thread to that event www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mount Etna eruption closes airports and 'knocks clocks 15 minutes fast'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

An eruption by Mount Etna on the Italian island of Sicily left a nearby airport closed and ... locals turning up early for work.

The volcano spewed lava on to its south-eastern slopes on Saturday afternoon and winds swept ash further afield, stopping flights at Catania's Fontanarossa airport.

The strong eruption - Etna's fifth since the beginning of the year - was shortlived, but left the airport closed overnight.Bemused Sicilians, meanwhile, were quick to blame the volcano after thousands noticed that their clocks were running 15 minutes fast.

The fast forward time keeping has affected a wide spectrum of digital clocks and watches - from computers through to alarm clocks.

edit on 10-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Very scary, it reminds me of that warning of EQ I read about here a short time ago. Perhaps this could cause not only this tragedy but also an earthquake?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
lets see how fast threads will pop up linking the Japanese earthquake, this eruption and the approaching comet, oh yes somewhere along the line we should have a ufo sighting too.

Its just another day on the lonely planet earth

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The clocks thing-a few weeks back they said this was going on across Italy-It turned out to be the power stations changing the frequency of the AC power supply,which messed up all digi clocks timings-maybe the power stations went haywire-or they were still messing with the frequecy at the time of the eruption of Etna?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The clock thing is odd.

It seems like it would make more sense if the clocks slowed by 15 minutes, but jumping ahead 15 minutes doesn't seem to have a good explaination for it.

But maybe their clocks are fine, and the rest of the world's clocks slowed down by 15 minutes!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is not the first time I heard about missing time on electric watches/equipment.

Weird stuff, wonder what causes it, and don't y'all go screaming HAARP.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

The clocks thing-a few weeks back they said this was going on across Italy-It turned out to be the power stations changing the frequency of the AC power supply,which messed up all digi clocks timings-maybe the power stations went haywire-or they were still messing with the frequecy at the time of the eruption of Etna?

Sounds plausible maybe the eruption is just a coincidence. BUT how would that effect watches ???

The fast forward time keeping has affected a wide spectrum of digital clocks and watches - from computers through to alarm clocks.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well as for the clock, is it just the airport? If so it is probably due to a slight error in how long they may have to get all of their important stuff out prior to being locked out due to ash and debris?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
This is not the first time I heard about missing time on electric watches/equipment.

Weird stuff, wonder what causes it, and don't y'all go screaming HAARP.

its BoB

if its one thing i realized with Berlusconi, if anything is going down, its citizens will be last to know and given their current debt issue about to hit europe, this would be a blessing in disguise for them.....soooooo yeah maybe haarp was rented out for several minutes.

edit on 10-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Heres a related article explaining how similar messing with frequency of electric supply can mess up clocks-and break things,Although this is refering to the US I read they were doing similar things in Italy.

www.aolnews.com...

I just hope Silo13 is OK-She lives really close to Mt Etna.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The clock thing has been going on in Sicily for a while already.

Here's a few threads on it-
Electric watches in Sicily (Italy) running all 20 minutes faster

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clock mystery solved

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not buy the clock thing not much source on the matter accept for the one site, there have been lots of eruptions and this has never happened before with larger eruptions so if the clocks did go back it must of been caused by something other than the erupption which is just as weird cause what could of caused it is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by coquine

"This may not explain all the clock mysteries but it sure complicates things. Makes you wonder if maybe that is the whole point. Maybe this was done in an effect to hide or cover up a bigger problem. Either way this will make it a lot harder to explain any clock type related problems"

from the post you put up, so I guess your statement saying "solved" is a little inaccurate although a possible theory it most definitely doesnt solve it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The eruption and the clock thing? I just don't get the connection. Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way. Maybe what casued the clock thing is the same thing that caused the eruption. Any way you do it things just do not add up.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That is strange indeed...It remind me of the notice that came out last month about updating our US electric grids causing time fluctuations on our clocks....

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
ok once is a rumour/coincidence/Ripley's but twice is a (wtfigo) is going on.?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe an energy release that we don't understand, kinda like the vortex in antarctica, that slipped time 15 minutes for them all

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
Maybe an energy release that we don't understand, kinda like the vortex in antarctica, that slipped time 15 minutes for them all

Like this:???????????????????

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
The clock thing is odd.
But maybe their clocks are fine, and the rest of the world's clocks slowed down by 15 minutes!!!

you just blew my mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Digital clocks are made cheaply in the same way. Instead of actually having the tickers inside to count seconds, they use the current of electricity to measure how many cycles, or 'pulses' are in one second. It's by far the easiest way to make a digital count clock component.

Something could have happened with the power stations, more output in power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join