It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah ok we can prove there are UFO's out there, but where is our governement? Should we settle for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Being an ATS contributor I am also asking not only how, but why? Why is our government hiding behind the unknown? Naxi German hid UFO's from it's people: www.disclose.tv...

Does anyone out there believe that their government isn't covering up UFO'S?

REMINDER

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Starting a New Thread
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on July 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Could be. But when you look at the past you can find many sightings of UFO's pre 1900 and even in Ancient Times. Its all up to interpretation.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

I think the first thing is that its not the government. We know that but groups inside them. Or at this point own them.
edit on 10-7-2011 by HelloJCneedsomehelp because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

If there are UFOs and our Gov't knows or even works with/for then it's obvious they've been lying to the population this entire time and will continue to lie until the very end. If you want full alien disclosure you're gonna have to wait for the aliens to do it Or have disclosure come from another country. The USA would the last to ever let the cat out of the bag. But there is South America to consider, maybe China, India, and Russia too. UFOs In South America - Disclosure Has Begun - Full Feature

And I absolutely believe they are lying about UFOs.

UFO Researcher Claims Air Force Not Revealing Truth About Communication Outage At F.E. Warren Missile Site

First Posted: 7/7/11 Updated: 7/7/11

In Washington last September, six former Air Force officers and a former enlisted man stepped forward to say that they'd seen or had been directly involved with UFO sightings at nuclear missile sites. These sightings began at the dawn of the Cold War and continued through the 1970s.

At this press conference, organized by UFO researcher Robert Hastings, these men told the media that they were encouraged not to speak of these sightings by their superiors, and in some cases, were required to sign secrecy oaths.

Now, Hastings is saying three more witnesses are speaking to him about a more recent UFO sighting -- and it revolves around a serious communications scare at F. E. Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming last October, when the military acknowledged that it had lost contact with 50 of its nuclear Minuteman III missiles.

"We've never had something as big as this happen," said a military officer who had been briefed on the event, according to the The Atlantic. "We can deal with maybe 5, 6 or 7 at a time, but we've never lost complete command and control and functionality of 50 ICBMs."

Video of NBC Nightly News

[UFO] Disclosure Conference at the National Press Club, Washington, streamed live on CNN
Linky

edit on 10-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
except we can´t really prove it can we? Witnesses is no proof, they may be lying/delusional/bribed/whatever. No matter how many they are, most ppl still believed the world was flat 500 years ago. Also sensationalists may have their own hidden agendas, like wanting to get noticed by the world once before they die, or getting a little money from interviews etc.

They only proof that would be acceptable would be nothing that can be fabricated, we would need an actual ufo, or alien speaking to us on nation television, the revolutionary tech making it´s way into our everyday lives. Anything less than that, and you might as well believe in god as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
How would releasing the information that they do exist have any benefit for the world at all? Most already believe they exist so it won't be news to them.

Instead you will have people commiting mass suicide like the Hale-bop group, mass panic, financial melt downs, religious people going crazy.

I can't think of one possible good thing that would come out of them disclosing anything. Remember the people jumping out of windows when War of the Worlds was broadcast?

It would lead to crazy times.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If you believe,
If anyone is covering anything up it's the Aliens, Why blame it on the governments of the world or America or who ever? Blame it on ET if you believe they exist. They are the ones coming at night on people's smoke breaks flying around, They are the ones that make the pictures blurry. They are the ones that let thousands of people see them but not one to be able to take a clear picture of them. If you believe in ET UFO's then it should point to ET covering their tracks not our governments. I'm sure if ET can fly here through a worm hole, shut down our nukes and such they can use hypnosis on the personnel who is in the government agency that may know they exist.
When the government discloses to us then I would think we would need to be prepared to battle.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Your guys are all the same.
You post all these people saying YES! they are out there, and sometimes down in the atmosphere where we have dealt with them many times.
These guys are colonels, generals, admirals high stff officers who recently retired comming forward.
The higher ups in several orga have reiterated the aliens are very real and they are here.
THE problem is that you dont believe these whistle blowers either.....
You are smart enough to research the truth, but dont/cant/wont believe it whenyou find it.
The truth is already out of the bag since 1952 and nobody is giving any wieght to these brave mens testimony because we cannot accept the fact or our world changes forever, and we cannot ever go back to being alone again.
It damn scary and we blank it out after we hear the truth because its too much to handle.
Theres the real problem.
If it were a matter of proof, well we already have it.Its just a matter of accepting it aand moving on.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Couldnt of said it any better but it looks like we dont have just enough to make the Government break down and admit it. And theres not enough to make these "skeptics" shut up and just accept something is going on. I dont know now a days. Hopefully we get another crash in the next year or something....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Being an ATS contributor I am also asking not only how, but why? Why is our government hiding behind the unknown? Naxi German hid UFO's from it's people: www.disclose.tv...

Does anyone out there believe that their government isn't covering up UFO'S?

Depends on what you mean by cover-up. What if they know there is something to UFOs but they don't know anymore than us? It looks bad for government to admit stupidity. That would cause people to lose faith in government and like of dislike government you still can see the necessity of maintaining credibility. It is quite possible they [government] not only does not know the intelligence behind the UFO phenomena - but even more so maybe their scared of it!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I have always doubted if the government really does know more than the average Joe. I am not saying that the Government is unaware of the phenomenon, I just have a hard time believing they know what is really going on. Maybe they have a crashed UFO or two and maybe a few crazy flying crafts of their own. They may have even meet face to face with a couple of alive "beings", but that does not mean they know what is going on. I think this is the reason they hide what information they have on UFOs, not because they have made a deal with the "beings", but because they are still trying to figure out what what is happening.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You are looking at this from the perspective of 'the world'. The government of nation states do not consider the good of the world. Thats not what they are for.

If you accept the premise that aliens have been visiting us and that the USA government at some point obtained incontrovertible proof then this information confers an advantage. An advantage that a nation state would never relinquish willingly.

I dont think world populations would go into mass hysteria unless the news was that we are all doomed. Thats not the reason. There are no palatable options for disclosure from a national government perspective.

a) Admit they exist but nothing is known about them and we cant stop them - this would collapse faith in the government. The primary purpose of the state is protection of citizens and they would be admitting they cant.

b) Admit they exist and we have physical proof or have done a deal- This would cause other nations to demand full access to the proof, thus negating the national advantage. Full scale conflict could easily start over such an issue if there was a refusal in the face of word-wide clamour.

IMHO people individually could probably handle it but our current societal power structures cannot.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
In one of the case of UFOs a wtiness says when one of military came to him, the military person laughed when the witness started talking and the military said they have been in contact with ETs.

I'm thinking the rather true here is that there is indeed a cover-up. But it's all so vague that it is normal the 'rather not true' to be the dominant view.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

But isn't all that already happening?

The good would be all the tech, the world coming together as the humane race.learning the fact that there is more then american idol, dancing with the stars, and football and nascar!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I dont buy the theory that people are not ready. We are more than ready to face the truth of the fact we have cosmic neighbours. Even those who have accepted the fact already would of course be a little nervous, i know i would be, but we wont all be running around jumping out of windows and mass panicking! I know that Comet Hale Boppe group were loopy and did themselves in, but there will always be a few groups like that, so i accept there may well be cult groups out there willing to sucide themselves. But the great majority of the world's population are ready for Disclourse. We are prepared. Look at all the sci fi movies and the existenence of Greys which has entered mainstream culture. We dont batter an eyelid at that.

I think the UN should seriously discuss the issue and pass a resolution forcing world Governements to disclose what they know. It wont happen i know but a serious open debate on the subject and some sort of announcement via the UN would help. I know the UN have held closed door discussion of it and i am equally sure that there is a secret UN protocal for World Contact Day/First Contact and if Contact is an agressive one i am also convinced world governments have a secret plan/pact in place. After all Ronald Regan famously dabbled with the idea at a UN pow wow when he was President.

But getting back to the subject in hand, my bet is that unless something major happens disclosure will be forced. I also think ET themselves have told TPTB that it is time to end the secrecy. According to some stories there was a 60 year timeframe agreed back in the 1950s after which ET prescence would be made known to the masses. We have now passed that expiry date. It will be interesting to see what happens over the course of the next few years. Even the Vatican said to believe in ET is fine with them!

new topics

top topics

join