It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big respect, the best thing ive seen a fast food chain do in ages, well, ever, actually.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Not sure if its the same for the rest of the world, but british posters will know that for the last 2 to 3 weeks, pizza hut has been running a new advert. Basically you can now have as much free salad with your pizza as you want when you visit a hut. Now i know some people think that salads are blurgh, but i actually think that the huts are quite nice. And i think its pretty cool for a chain to do something which is really responsible in this time of deep fry and e numbers, which the burger chains are so good at.
Possibly someone will suggest that theres an ulterior motive for this, but its still good news, methinks.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Possibly someone will suggest that theres an ulterior motive for this

Yeah like me asking: How much did they pay you to post this?

sarcasm off, mission accomplished.

GM

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
pizza hut has some of the greasiest pizza and cheesesticks I've ever seen right next to domino's...I don't care how much salad they serve with their pizza's...I still won't eat there...

I prefer homemade pizza's or Papa Johns, or Papa Murphy's take and bake pizza's

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Not sure if its the same for the rest of the world, but british posters will know that for the last 2 to 3 weeks, pizza hut has been running a new advert. Basically you can now have as much free salad with your pizza as you want when you visit a hut. Now i know some people think that salads are blurgh, but i actually think that the huts are quite nice. And i think its pretty cool for a chain to do something which is really responsible in this time of deep fry and e numbers, which the burger chains are so good at.
Possibly someone will suggest that theres an ulterior motive for this, but its still good news, methinks.

Depends what you end up putting in your salad. Start adding dressing, chicken (or any meat, if you don't eat plain salad with vegetables only) and there goes your healthy food factor!
edit on 9-7-2011 by spaceshrimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
People are such doom mongers on this thread, ok pizza huts pizza are greasy you say, cant you just for once acknowledge something positive happening in this negative world.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

hurray! been waiting for FF eateries to start serving food worth eating. here in 'The States' McDonald's started trying to appear to offer less disasterous (sp?) food choices after they were featured in the movie 'Super Size Me'.

in 'Super Size Me' a fellow ate McDonald's every day for a month, results of course were not good.

1 1/2 yrs ago I thought i was doing good by eating Salads from Wendy's. then I read online I may as well been eating Big Macs & Fries, the salads were full of not-so-goodness. -shakes tiny fist at Wendy's-

I've all but given up on fast food & junk food. I've gone from 374 to 337LBS. My arse is still the size of a Mini Cooper but I'm trying

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceshrimp

Depends what you end up putting in your salad. Start adding dressing, chicken (or any meat, if you don't eat plain salad with vegetables only) and there goes your healthy food factor!

boneless chicken breast is not bad! for dressing, use a TINY bit of no fat or low fat! don't smother it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

People are such doom mongers on this thread, ok pizza huts pizza are greasy you say, cant you just for once acknowledge something positive happening in this negative world.

I can understand you wanting to put the positive spin on the news but it just doesn't come down to this.

The boardroom conversation probably went something like:

"How can we bring in more gullibles to eat our sub par product?"

"Give the eaters free leafy stuff. Costs us pennies, the fools think we care about their health and we look good!"

"But we really care about their health right?"

"You're Fired!"

"All together now for the company motto"..."Yay Money!"

Just my 2 pennies but thanks for the thread.

PS. I starred and Flagged ya cause you are the one with good intentions...not the Hut!

edit on 9-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by spaceshrimp

boneless chicken breast is not bad! for dressing, use a TINY bit of no fat or low fat! don't smother it.

I understand that by being careful you can still add ingredients to a salad without adding that much more fat content. But ( there is always a but
) I'm sure that you also understand that FF joints may not offer these healthier options at first. It's easier to do at home.

edit: how ironic that I'm participating to this thread, yet again I'm off to pick up a sandwich at Subway!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

LOL doom mongers....I guess I'm a doom monger for actually liking QUALITY food...and pizza hut is definitely not good quality...i bet their salad isn't even the good leafy green stuff that has the nutrients in it...probly a bunch of iceberg lettuce with tons of water content

Oh and pizza hut using a marketing ploy for people want to think they're eating healthy (when they're not if they're at a pizza hut) is not something positive happening in this negative world
edit on 9-7-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I can understand you wanting to put the positive spin on the news but it just doesn't come down to this.

"Give the eaters free leafy stuff. Costs us pennies, the fools think we care about their health and we look good!"

"You're Fired!"

All together now..."Yay Money!"

I My friend, on this one i think your wrong, if i was gonna give away free food to encourage people to eat at my restaurant it most definitly wouldnt be salad, more like garlic bread, (bread dough and butter being possibly cheaper than salad). Im not naieve enough to think this wasnt a money making scheme, but its not the first avenue id explore if i was a multi national looking at making guaranteed profits.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thats well and good except Pizza Hut was one of the restaurants on the thread I read on ATS about wood pulp being used as filler.

www.thestreet.com...

Pizza Hut uses cellulose in the following products:

Parmesan Romano Cheese
Taco Bean Sauce
Shredded Cheddar (for Taco Pizza)
Breadstick Seasoning (used to make Cheese Breadsticks)
WingStreet Bone-In (in the batter)
Meatballs (for pasta products, sandwiches)
White Pasta Sauce (used for PastaBakes Marinara, PastaBakes Meatball Marinara, PastaBakes Primavera, PastaBakes Chicken Primavera)
Alfredo Sauce (used for PastaBakes Marinara, PastaBakes Meatball Marinara, PastaBakes Primavera, PastaBakes Chicken Primavera)
Fat Free Ranch Dressing

I think I would skip this offer. They are trying to make up for sales lost to negative publicity about their "special" ingredient.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Thats well and good except Pizza Hut was one of the restaurants on the thread I read on ATS about wood pulp being used as filler.

www.thestreet.com...

Pizza Hut uses cellulose in the following products:

Parmesan Romano Cheese
Taco Bean Sauce
Shredded Cheddar (for Taco Pizza)
Breadstick Seasoning (used to make Cheese Breadsticks)
WingStreet Bone-In (in the batter)
Meatballs (for pasta products, sandwiches)
White Pasta Sauce (used for PastaBakes Marinara, PastaBakes Meatball Marinara, PastaBakes Primavera, PastaBakes Chicken Primavera)
Alfredo Sauce (used for PastaBakes Marinara, PastaBakes Meatball Marinara, PastaBakes Primavera, PastaBakes Chicken Primavera)
Fat Free Ranch Dressing

I think I would skip this offer. They are trying to make up for sales lost to negative publicity about their "special" ingredient.
Excellent research by the way, im not sure that the man on the street would be aware of all this though.
As i said in my OP , i expected the alterior motive card to come along, but i still think its a positive thing in itself. And i maintain that there are far more tantalising things to give away than salad. Also, it doesnt benefit them really, as people could fill up on salad therefore buying less pizza.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"You're Fired!"

All together now..."Yay Money!"

I My friend, on this one i think your wrong, if i was gonna give away free food to encourage people to eat at my restaurant it most definitly wouldnt be salad, more like garlic bread, (bread dough and butter being possibly cheaper than salad). Im not naieve enough to think this wasnt a money making scheme, but its not the first avenue id explore if i was a multi national looking at making guaranteed profits.

I get this...I really do.

But having owned a few restaurants and bakeries myself, I can't agree.

For people to appreciate the free bread, it has to be good quality or it doesn't mean anything. Not cheap.

A table of four can eat an entire loaf and more of a good garlic crusty bread while one person at the table might be the salad eater. Typically, those people don't eat as much as the person eating the pizza or even the bread. Vegetarians just seem to be lighter eaters in general.

We could go back and forth on the topic but I believe the true answer is in the board room. They knew that the salad would be a great ad gimmick and they also knew that it would be a profitable move. Times are getting rough on all restaurants and they have to do what they can to retain and gain customers.

It would be interesting to see how many people take advantage of it and even more interesting to see what the salad bar looks like. Choices of the veggies can be all the difference in cost vs. profit. I'm assuming it will be the salad bar and not tossed salads brought to the table.

BTW, I would choose the Hut over Dominoes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Free salad with pizza....sounds yummy to me! I googled to see if we are getting free salad in the United States as well...and I couldn't find anything....but I did notice that at some of the Pizza Huts in the UK children are eating for free. With the world economy and the sad state it is in....I think Pizza Hut is awesome in cutting a good deal for people....mom and dad can have a night off and go out with their children...and have some fun!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Free salad with pizza....sounds yummy to me! I googled to see if we are getting free salad in the United States as well...and I couldn't find anything....but I did notice that at some of the Pizza Huts in the UK children are eating for free. With the world economy and the sad state it is in....I think Pizza Hut is awesome in cutting a good deal for people....mom and dad can have a night off and go out with their children...and have some fun!

You realize that you said Mom and Dad can have a night off AND go out with their children...all in the same sentence right? LOL

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You realize that you said Mom and Dad can have a night off AND go out with their children...all in the same sentence right? LOL

Yes.....but you know what I mean....they don't have to cook....and they can relax with their children in a fun place.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

the point of the thread was not to explore the political reasons for pizza hut doing this because in this cynical day and age there probably was. It is just refreshing to see something positive being done.
I think sometimes when one is looking for conspiracy everywheres, one can become hardened and not see a positive move for what it is; just that. Theyre all after our bucks guy, but at least this one gives away free carrots tomatoes and beetroot.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes.....but you know what I mean....they don't have to cook....and they can relax with their children in a fun place.

I know what you mean. Just poking fun is all.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I had a night off once, i think it was around sept 21 1991.

edit on 9-7-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join