It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top U.S. military officer heads to China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"U.S. officials have watched with concern as China has displayed a growing military assertiveness and begun developing weapons that could be used to undermine U.S. strengths in the region, from anti-satellite missiles to radar-evading jet fighters." www.newsdaily.com... Im finding it funny how the US is beginning to realize that other countries are beginning to close that firepower/manpower gap..I would love to see countries begin take a stand and kick the US military out.The ol' US of A sucking up to china reminds me of that old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
edit on 9-7-2011 by VicDiaz89 because: typo lol

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Honestly America would have a hard time taking on China as it stands. A land invasion to occupy China would not be possible and a war in say Libya would be successful only due to the fact that China is lacking in the ability to transport their military as well as the U.S.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The whole "dominating nation" schizm is getting out of hand.

If we could all just get along, no "my balls are bigger than yours" complex, everything would be fine.

We would need no militaries.

Nations could grow, we could share, we would all be happy....

But no...

It looks like the world governments all have a short man complex and are measuring themselves against each other.

Hahah.

Just get it over with and make love you bunch of pansies.
edit on 9-7-2011 by BanMePlz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Didn't China just tell us that any attack on Pakistan would be an attack on them? I would venture a guess that that has something to do with the visit.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
I would love to see countries begin take a stand and kick the US military out.The ol' US of A sucking up to china reminds me of that old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

1. Where is your story and comment on this "US military officer?
2. If freedom would be lost in the USA, then this forum would no longer exist.
Your fatalistic attitude would be your own downfall, so if you really are in Arizona, do us all a favor and move about 500 mile to the south. I'm sure Mexico will allow you to start a similar forum (sarcasm).
edit on 9-7-2011 by Violater1 because: No Star!!! No flag!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
America would still come out victorious over China, as it stands today. It would be difficult, but it would happen. Anyone who think's otherwise does not know all the facts and/or is delusional.

Any rebuttal to this post will be taken as the quoter living in their on fairy tale. Arguing with me is pointless.

I will not listen to anyone who says otherwise. You won't be worth my time. Fair warning.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We couldn't take Iraq or Afghanistan how would we stand a change against China. The only way we would win is if we reduced them to radioactive sand. Why are we talking about fighting China? What are we skipping out on our debt? Kind of like a global dine and dash but where you burn down the restaurant on your way to the get away car.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadys321

No this is why we tucked our tails and got of of Korea when we did.

Nobody want's to fight China nowadays since they've revamped their military after what they experienced under the Japanese invasion in ww2

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadys321

All hail the mighty Shadys321, who knowith all.....

What a joker.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Please Stay On Topic

Let's please keep our comments on the topic and away from other members.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i believe i heard or read yesterday that china has given or is giving pakistan attack drones of their own. maybe this is what they could be discussing. you know, do as we say, not as we do.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's possible they could support the other side but they have too much economically to lose to go to outright war unless they are specifically threatened. I'd imagine if they go to war it would be an invasion into Russia for the oil reserves or something similar to that.

As far as the middle east they may huff and puff but unless there is a direct threat to say their oil supply or something I wouldn't expect them to do much.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Pakistan is the second largest trading partner of China in South Asia.

www.dawn.com...

Looks like we may have a motive for China telling us to leave Pakistan alone.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

as the article states the talks are more about: a break in relations following a $6.3 billion U.S. arms deal with Taiwan.

This reminds me of the Cuban missile crisis, China is deeply concerned about the US building up anti-missile systems in Taiwan. Not far from the chinese territory. (Ask the chinese, many would still claim Taiwan their territory)

To the comments on how the US could still take on China: Never underestimate the chinese.
Remember, US didn't have much success in Afghanistan, Iraq, hell they even had to withdrawn from Somalia.

Regions where there are practically is no airforce, and quite basic weapon systems.
On the other side china has developed a strong army with all the hightec gear from stealth figthers to stealth submarines.
If the US would go to war with China it think it would be the last US-war. US would nt even have the finances to go to war.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 9-7-2011 by MrDanFreeman because: spur of the moment drunk thought

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

a chinese ambassador has been quoted as saying "dont you understand sir(talking to us ambassador) pakistan is OUR israel" so yeah they got pakistans back as long as india is semi frendly to the usa and nato im not to worried

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
yeah id put my money on it being a visit due to the tiawan thing but there will be no war with china or any nuclear armed enemys as long as we still have mad long as we or russia china have nukes were too big and too dangerious to take down until some one gets a 100% effective missile shield our subs and russias subs are quite the deterant

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
We couldn't take Iraq or Afghanistan how would we stand a change against China. The only way we would win is if we reduced them to radioactive sand. Why are we talking about fighting China? What are we skipping out on our debt? Kind of like a global dine and dash but where you burn down the restaurant on your way to the get away car.

We did take Iraq and Afghanistan. We destroyed the Republican Guard within weeks of the initial invasion in 2003. We took the Taliban out of power in Afghanistan and they fled to Pakistan. The wars we are fighting in those areas today are wars of attrition against guerrilla fighters using unconventional warfare. The colonists during the Revolutionary War used the same tactics to nullify the British advantage.

The US today would win a war against china , military vs military, using rules of warfare. That's what we've been training for. An occupation is a different story.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
"U.S. officials have watched with concern as China has displayed a growing military assertiveness and begun developing weapons that could be used to undermine U.S. strengths in the region, from anti-satellite missiles to radar-evading jet fighters." www.newsdaily.com... Im finding it funny how the US is beginning to realize that other countries are beginning to close that firepower/manpower gap..I would love to see countries begin take a stand and kick the US military out.The ol' US of A sucking up to china reminds me of that old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

There is another quote that may be relevant here......
"The most effective weapon you can use on your enemy is another enemy".

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
We couldn't take Iraq or Afghanistan how would we stand a change against China.

Uh, probably because the whole idea of the wars in Iraq and A-stan wasn't to "take them out".

We did reduce the Iraq Army to practically nothing in a few weeks. The Taliban were run out of A-stan by a handful of US SOF personnel.

edit on 9-7-2011 by jerico65 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join