It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man impersonates police officer to sneak inside festival

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Paramedic Daniel Tredinnick was so desperate to watch his favourite band ‘Kasabian’ play that he broke into a police car, stole a bag containing a female officer’s uniform and played dress-up.

The court in the Isle of Wight was also told how Mr Tredinnick broke up a fight between festival-goers, helped find a missing woman and even liaised with fellow officers.

Link to news article

A good cop story for once! People in a cop uniform get the respect of others. I bet if he tried breaking up a fight in normal clothing he'd have gotten his butt kicked.

How many of us, if given the opportunity to be a cop for one day, would do the same stuff he did? I bet most of us would be just as helpful and have an eagerness to do good. I imagine the life of a real police officer is much more mundane most days (and obviously more dangerous other days), and probably aggravating because for the most part all they're doing is ticketing 'criminals' whose crimes have no victims - that can't make you feel too good inside!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

If I got this opportunity I'd go around raising hell in the streets

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

Paramedic Daniel Tredinnick was so desperate to watch his favourite band ‘Kasabian’ play that he broke into a police car, stole a bag containing a female officer’s uniform and played dress-up.

The court in the Isle of Wight was also told how Mr Tredinnick broke up a fight between festival-goers, helped find a missing woman and even liaised with fellow officers.

Link to news article

A good cop story for once! People in a cop uniform get the respect of others. I bet if he tried breaking up a fight in normal clothing he'd have gotten his butt kicked.

How many of us, if given the opportunity to be a cop for one day, would do the same stuff he did? I bet most of us would be just as helpful and have an eagerness to do good. I imagine the life of a real police officer is much more mundane most days (and obviously more dangerous other days), and probably aggravating because for the most part all they're doing is ticketing 'criminals' whose crimes have no victims - that can't make you feel too good inside!

SO after breaking into a car, and stealing police items he does a couple good things and it some hows cancels out each other?

What the hell is wrong with this world??

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The ideals and straight forwardness of childhood dreams are turned into nightmares from the complexity of reality. This cop for a day had no political agenda, he just wanted to watch a show. Along the way the respect of the uniform was not about ego, but to protect and serve. Yeah it was bad stealing the uniform and breaking into the show, but a lot worst happens and goes unaccounted.

How did the bloke get away dressed up in a chic's uniform

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This just goes to show it doesn't take a lot of expertise to be a cop. They mostly just stand around, and tell citizens to move along if they get too close. The rest is just common sense stuff.

But most cops act like they are God's gift to taxpayers.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm guessing if he beat people you would have been for it ?

right?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by macman

I'm guessing if he beat people you would have been for it ?

right?

HUh??

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by macman

The ideals and straight forwardness of childhood dreams are turned into nightmares from the complexity of reality. This cop for a day had no political agenda, he just wanted to watch a show. Along the way the respect of the uniform was not about ego, but to protect and serve. Yeah it was bad stealing the uniform and breaking into the show, but a lot worst happens and goes unaccounted.

How did the bloke get away dressed up in a chic's uniform

So, defend a person that broke into a police car, stole a uniform, fraudulently gained entrance into a paid event and all is good?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So, defend a person that broke into a police car, stole a uniform, fraudulently gained entrance into a paid event and all is good?

With all the other problems going on it does make me laugh. His intentions where innocent when it came to impersonating a police officer. Sounds like he did the job right while in uniform helping out, what would have happened if that fight did not receive timely intervention? broken bones, ambulance, maybe innocent bystanders hurt as well? I expect the uniform has since been returned. Don't know if the cops left their car unlocked.

“It could be said he did no particular harm while dressed as a police officer. Strangely enough, he did more good than harm. He says now it was a very stupid thing to do. He felt it was childish and quite ridiculous but it seemed like a good idea at the time.”

With the current state of the world I am not going to get offended by this. We all make mistakes.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

His intentions?

No wonder society is going down the crapper!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

At the end of the day this man only has one person he has to answer to, himself. Yeah it was a dumb ass act, but when confronted he admitted what he done and took the responsibility for his actions. He did not run, hide, lie or try and cheat his way out. The world has been getting flushed away for a long time.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

He did not run, hide, lie or try and cheat his way out.

Are you kidding?
He lied. Lied about who he was.
Cheat. He cheated the event company and the citizen due to his lie.
Steal. Self explanatory.
He endangered his life and everyone around him.
edit on 9-7-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I am not aware of anyone who has not lied, cheated or stole something at least once in their life. People do some pretty crazy and impulsive things at times. But when confronted he admitted his mistake and accepted his responsibility. Some people do acknowledge their mistakes, others don't. If you are truly worried about the world going down the toilet there are a lot of other unresolved issues going around.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I am not aware of anyone who has not lied, cheated or stole something at least once in their life. People do some pretty crazy and impulsive things at times. But when confronted he admitted his mistake and accepted his responsibility. Some people do acknowledge their mistakes, others don't. If you are truly worried about the world going down the toilet there are a lot of other unresolved issues going around.

Your good....at dodging the issue. What this man did was very wrong and he should be locked up. Society puts trust in law enforcement. Suppose for a minute this officer was involved in some type of shoot out ? Yes completely hypothetical but then no worse than your near dismissal of the wrong he did.

brill

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

Society puts trust in law enforcement.

And from the judgement handed down it sounds like that was the main thing that saved his ass from a lengthy prison sentence as he upheld that trust while in uniform. I have worked security in similar large events and you could always do with more hands.

Suppose for a minute this officer was involved in some type of shoot out ?

His paramedic skills would have come in very handy and may have been life saving if he was not dead or severely injured, a risk everyone in uniform takes. To be realistic about the situation it was a festival, not a criminal operation. Fights, too much drugs and alcohol, injuries, separated people and property are the common situations security encounters at these events.

your near dismissal of the wrong he did.

I have not dismissed his actions, I just find them funny and are not offended by them when considering the overall situation. It took a lot of audacity and I expect he would have been very enthusiastic being new to the role. I would be concerned if he kept up this behaviour.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Reading the story I had a flashback to my days playing GTA. Cool post, Insane dude.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Very interesting. I don't think what he did requires hard jail time, but he definitely needs to be penalized for breaching the public's trust and impersonating an officer.
It's cool that he was helpful and stuff, but it was only because so he would not get caught (which obviously didn't work out
)
Impersonating someone in a position of authority is not something to be taken so lightly, but in light of the particular circumstances, he didn't harm anyone, or abuse the "power" that came with the uniform, so I believe a suspension is appropriate.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

This is the bit that caught my eye

stole a bag containing a female officer’s uniform

I'm assuming many female officers wear trousers these days.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this! Hilarious!

As a paramedic, the guy would be used to wearing a uniform and dealing with the public in stressful situations. So I cannot help but wonder how the uniform affects behaviour. Does the very act of donning police gear cause one to get involved in law and order? Did he feel the urge to do a bit of kettling?

Fight breaking as preventative medicine! This guy will likely go down in festival lore as a hero!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I have not dismissed his actions, I just find them funny and are not offended by them when considering the overall situation. It took a lot of audacity and I expect he would have been very enthusiastic being new to the role. I would be concerned if he kept up this behaviour.

You made my point, thanks. All you've done is skirt the problem with nonsense by actually justifying his actions with bizarre comments and words like 'trust' & 'enthusiasm', clearly not even worth discussion.

brill
edit on 10-7-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join