It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some good movies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
did anyone see battle:los angeles?and if so was it good?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

i didnt care much for inception,i thought it was a great movie concept but the story was a little whack,and so was the ending.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Red was really enjoyable, it should have been on my list but I sort of have trouble recalling every good movie I've seen.

I do pretty much know for a fact you will like The Fighter, also probably 127 Hours too and The Town. I hated Crystal Skull, I think everyone but little kids did (did you see the South Park on it? OMG). Haven't seen Battle: Los Angeles but my gut tells me stay away. Before I see pretty much any movie I go on IMDB.com and look at what the weighted ratings are (a number derived from other IMDB members 1-10 ratings, 10 being the highest). I pretty much refuse to see anything lower than a 6.5, though I usually go for 6.8 and higher. This can be very helpful to you, but I must warn you that doing anything more than checking the IMDB rating for a movie can give away parts of the movie. Especially stay away from the comments section, there tend to be spoilers galore there. The user reviews can also be very helpful, but sometimes you run into the same problem as the comments section, where people end up giving away a large chunk of the plot, if not accidentally spoiling the movie completely.

Also I think we are probably like-minded in a few ways since you did not care for Inception either. Adaptation was a REALLY great movie with some cool twists and turns, but don't expect an action movie. Very highly recommended though, not enough movies like that. When I first started watching it I hated it, but then I got past the first 20 minutes and it was really, really excellent. Maybe one (two?) of Nic Cage's best role(s) ever.
edit on 7/12/11 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What about book of eli?i completely forgot about that movie.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So many options. Man how about Shawshank Redemption

The Godfather
Pulp Fiction
12 Angry Men
Schindlers List
Goodfellows
A Clockwork Orange
Jacobs Ladder

too many

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Didnt get to watch red last night,my neighbor brought me lions for lambs instead,i thought it was really good.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Dont bother mate,should be called Book Of Sh#t!!! Love Denzel but this is not his best!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

dammit i was looking forward to seeing it!im still gonna watch it,but with lower expectations...I also havent seen true grit or any of the hangovers.Are these good?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Havent seen True Grit but i have seen the first Hangover and it is Brilliant also check out Superbad if you havent seen it,its hilarious!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

lol superbad is one of my favorites!!Did you see kick-ass??

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No mate i still havent seen Kick ass yet,is it any good?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If you want to laugh and you don't have a sensitive stomach watch Dead Snow

www.imdb.com...

Nazi zombies vs Norwegian medical students.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Its really really good

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Both inception and the hurt locker are awesome films, Not seen Sucker Punch.

For a good bit of fun I'd recommend the A-Team.
Red is also a good film, (Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and John Malkovich.

Being John Malkovich is a crazy awesome film.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I had completely forgotten about the A-team Thanks,this also reminds of the expendables i think its called,if anyone has seen it i'd like to know if it was good

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Expendables is awesome!!!! Must Watch!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I know they aren't films, but if you haven't seen the 2 seasons of Eastbound and Down and the 3 seasons of Arrested Development, you are really, truly missing out on complete hilarity. You strike me as someone who would especially enjoy Eastbound and Down.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Also definitely see Red. Kick-Ass was a great movie, but I'm sorry, Expendables was sort of only okay.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Im a huge baseball fan so of you know i love eastbound & down lol.its hilarious!!i saw insidious last night,it was pretty good.btw did you ever see alpha dog?if not you have to!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join