It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some good movies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

lol thats actually a good method,there was a special preview of captain america during the preliminary fights of a ufc ppv.i changed the channel before it came on,those previews give too much away..I love that the movie will be tied in with ww2, hope its good.Today i shall watch inception, inglorious basterds and usual suspects!thanks to all!keep em comin'

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

I wasn't the biggest fan of Inception, though a lot of people liked it. I don't know, I typically like captivating movies not all that "eye-pealing" (appealing to the eye) fancy schmancy Hollywood tech stuff. Hurt Locker was great, I think you should see that. I'm really surprised District 9 isn't listed by more people, I am not a huge Sci-Fi fan but I really, really enjoyed it and I think you would, too, it got rave reviews as well.
I haven't seen Sucker Punch but again, I am more of a "film" lover and not a "movie goer," I enjoy flicks that examine the complexity of the world we live in and have great plot lines that keep you intrigued but not necessarily a much of special effects. Maybe I'm a film snob. Really, pick anything on my lists and let me know how you like it. Feel free to send me a private message. By knowing what you enjoyed specifically, I can recommend other similar films.

P.S. Inglorious Basterds is amazing. Far better than Inception, I think you will agree. But different strokes for different folks. For tomorrow- The Fighter, the first 3 episodes of Breaking Bad (season 1, there are only 3 seasons so far each with like 10 or less episodes, 40 min each, BELIEVE ME YOU WILL THANK ME!!! They're just like a great Coen Brothers film that keeps on going...), and Exit Through the Gift Shop OR Slumdog Millionaire OR The Hurt Locker OR The Town
Let me guide you, young grasshopper ;-P

P.P.S. The opening scene of Inglorious Basterds is easily one of my favorite scenes ever in a movie. It is too genius for words.

edit on 9-7-2011 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Shutter Island is effing amazing!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I walked around the sound stages/sets for Shutter Island, it was truly a work of art. They rented an old Stop & Shop distribution center and split it in two, on one side setting up a large fabrication area where they created the sets from basically nothing, on the other side were the sets. I remember peering into the jail facility set with all the rusted bars and stonework, I got chills because I instantly felt "transported" there.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
OMG I forgot a fantastic movie that is a MUST WATCH! See Zombieland!!! I thought it was gonna be some campy, corny horror flick and it was the total opposite, it was hilarious and held me on the edge of my seat. That is one you should watch tomorrow for sure! Woody Harrelson is the man in that. i can't believe I left it off my previous list!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Also if for some reason you have not seen "The Rock" with Nic Cage and Sean Connery, that is one of my favorite blockbusters/action movies of all time.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"The man from earth" Is one that gets little to no plausibility. Great sci fi type movie based on longevity.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Wow that is cool as f#ck,must have been quite an experience!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Im gonna put down some of my faves that are a definate watch if you aint seen them:

Carlitos Way - Amazing Pacino Gangster film
Rise Of The Foot Soldier - British Gangster Film
Zodiac - Detective Film About The Zodiac Killer (Badass)
IP Man - Martial Arts At Its Very Best (Speculativeoptimist got me onto this one)
Ray - The Story of Ray Charles
Apocalypto - Ancient Inca tribal sh#t (Unbelievably Badass)

All great films!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Shutter Island was fantastic; so was Blood Diamond....did you see that one?

You lucky fella to see the stage set up of Shutter Island! Did you get any pics of the building up of?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Apocalypdo was awsome. So was Defiance, another good one.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yeah it was really cool. The sets were right down the street from where I used to live, and I've always kind of loved movie magic, so I stopped by one day and asked the set designers if I could have a look, pretty, pretty please. They gave me a # to call and told me to call back in 3 weeks when it was all done. I called and was told a couple of times that it was a bad time, they were either filming and had the whole cast and crew on or had heads from the studios checking out the sets. Finally they let me look around, on the condition that I didn't take any pictures. I probably could have, I got a couple texts on my cell phone while I was in there so I had to take my cell out to read them and obviously it occurred to me that I was not being watched and easily COULD take a picture of them, but I didn't, I'm a trust-worthy dude and I really appreciated them letting me take a peek. I tried as hard as I could to remember them, I even drew them freehand a couple weeks later, but no pictures of the sets (they stored the vehicles outside and I got a shot of 2 of the cars used, I have it somewhere). Close to when they were done filming I did, however, take the sign that was on the street that pointed to the set, just as a memento, not that it was on-screen or anything... I was also on the set of The Fighter and Edge of Darkness (Mel Gibson was like 5 feet from me, a year prior to that Oksana stuff, he's short!) and next month have passes to be an extra in Dark Knight Rises, if I can get myself to Philadelphia (anyone interested in doing this can contact me and I can hook you up with a way to get on, too!). But yeah, seeing the Shutter Island set was pretty special, the detail that went into it was unbelievable, it was unmistakably a work of love and passion by all involved.

If you want to see my pic of the Shutter Island cars and the pic I snuck of Mel Gibson that day on the Edge of Darkness set (bad movie, by the way) I can dig them up.

I did see Blood Diamond, you're right it was a pretty good movie, I did enjoy it. Also, yeah I haven't actually seen all of Zodiac but I caught some of it on TV once and remember thinking it was really good, so the OP may want to add that to their list.
edit on 7/10/11 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I am a big fan of the older classics.

Butterfield 8 with Elizabeth Taylor & Laurence Harvey

The Postman Always Rings Twice with Lana Turner & John Garfiled

All About Eve - with Bette Davis

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

OMGawdddddd. an ATS member as an extra on Dark Knight......you have to keep us posted; I'm so excited for you and you have to laters tell us which extra "role" you're in so we can keep a look out for you when the movie is released.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

i love breaking bad,the guy who plays walter was on baseball show a two days ago,talking about his love for the game,throughout the show they showed clips from breaking bad,i watched 4 episodes!its great!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Im sure ill never find a better movie than man on fire..Its the absolute greatest!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i also enjoyed the movie time machine.Im very surprised that it hasnt been suggested

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Haven't seen it, I will add it to my list, thanks for the recommendation! What did you think of Inception? I'm curious, as I wasn't such a fan, as I mentioned. Glad you watch Breaking Bad, it's the new Sopranos! So do tell Vic, what else have you watched since asking for recommendations?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
so far i've seen inception,inglorious basterds,jfk,hurt locker and even watched don juan,the silent film,the guy was PLAYER i enjoyed it im gonna watch valkyrie and red tonight.
edit on 11-7-2011 by VicDiaz89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
oh i also watched indiana jones and crystal skull,i see why it wasnt recommended,the ending sucked!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join