It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdochs Empire drowning in its own filth... Finally!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

It's probably happening right here in the states as well,and hopefully will see the light of day,unfortunately they'll get a slap on the wrist and be forgotten.

Does anyone tell the truth anymore,is everyone in big business corrupt?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

i wish the UK the best of luck ridding themselves of this social cancer.

in the USA, these evil people are so powerful, the political cancer may be terminal.

the influence of Murdoch on politics is a greater threat to Western Democracies than Al Qaeda and all the other wars that these criminals want the public to think about.

all my life i've tried not to judge people, but how can anyone have any doubt that everyone involved with this empire is totally evil?

The pissed off majority of the UK are starting to realise how this organisation has shepherded them to war, various prime ministers and so on.

There is now a concerted effort via social media such as facebook and twitter with full on campaigns against Murdoch and his subsidories.

My dad even cancelled his sky subscription in in disgust!

These people stooped so low as to hack convos of murder victims, deleting messages thus making the family believe they were still alive, and soldiers who had died in afghanistan, their email accounts and families convos over the telephone.

Tip of the iceberg stuff

More to follow

And that is from the mouth of news internationals cheif executive!

Who still has not resigned though it all went on her watch, including paying bent police for info!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I find it most amusing as well as instructive to read about how badly Murdoch flubbed his China dealings.

Oh and by the way "liberal" or "conservative" has nothing to do with it.

The Political Re-Education of Rupert Murdoch at the Feet of His Chinese Masters
Murdoch first assumed the servile position in 1994, after he heard that the inclusion of the BBC news on Star TV offended the Chinese government. He deleted the channel, Dover writes, but tried to claim that it was a business move. ...Next stop on Murdoch's truckle express was an effort to curry the favor of every blood relative of Deng Xiaoping's he could locate in hopes that a connection to the country's former maximum leader would help...."The level of irritation with Murdoch within the walls of the Chinese leadership compound at Zhongnanhai was palpable, I was later told," Dover writes.

Murdoch’s Dealings in China: It’s Business, and It’s Personal
Many big companies have sought to break into the Chinese market over the past two decades, but few of them have been as ardent and unrelenting as Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation...Mr. Murdoch has flattered Communist Party leaders and done business with their children. His Fox News network helped China’s leading state broadcaster develop a news Web site. He joined hands with the Communist Youth League, a power base in the ruling party, in a risky television venture, his China managers and advisers say. Mr. Murdoch’s third wife, Wendi, is a mainland Chinese who once worked for his Hong Kong-based satellite broadcaster, Star TV. Her role in managing investments and honing elite connections in China has underscored uncertainties...

Murdoch's China Dream Shattered
For more than 10 years, China's potential mesmerised Rupert Murdoch. He poured more than $2 billion into the country and lost at least half of it. He spent lavishly courting the communist mandarins, and cut ethical corners. He even took a young Chinese wife, who bore him two daughters and installed a Mandarin-speaking nanny so they would grow up bicultural. And where did it all get him? Not far, according to Bruce Dover, who served the Murdoch empire in Asia as director of business development when China was Murdoch's big global play.

edit on 7/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I find it most amusing as well as instructive to read about how badly Murdoch flubbed his China dealings.

Oh and by the way "liberal" or "conservative" has nothing to do with it.

The Political Re-Education of Rupert Murdoch at the Feet of His Chinese Masters
Murdoch first assumed the servile position in 1994, after he heard that the inclusion of the BBC news on Star TV offended the Chinese government. He deleted the channel, Dover writes, but tried to claim that it was a business move. ...Next stop on Murdoch's truckle express was an effort to curry the favor of every blood relative of Deng Xiaoping's he could locate in hopes that a connection to the country's former maximum leader would help...."The level of irritation with Murdoch within the walls of the Chinese leadership compound at Zhongnanhai was palpable, I was later told," Dover writes.

Murdoch’s Dealings in China: It’s Business, and It’s Personal
Many big companies have sought to break into the Chinese market over the past two decades, but few of them have been as ardent and unrelenting as Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation...Mr. Murdoch has flattered Communist Party leaders and done business with their children. His Fox News network helped China’s leading state broadcaster develop a news Web site. He joined hands with the Communist Youth League, a power base in the ruling party, in a risky television venture, his China managers and advisers say. Mr. Murdoch’s third wife, Wendi, is a mainland Chinese who once worked for his Hong Kong-based satellite broadcaster, Star TV. Her role in managing investments and honing elite connections in China has underscored uncertainties...

Murdoch's China Dream Shattered
For more than 10 years, China's potential mesmerised Rupert Murdoch. He poured more than $2 billion into the country and lost at least half of it. He spent lavishly courting the communist mandarins, and cut ethical corners. He even took a young Chinese wife, who bore him two daughters and installed a Mandarin-speaking nanny so they would grow up bicultural. And where did it all get him? Not far, according to Bruce Dover, who served the Murdoch empire in Asia as director of business development when China was Murdoch's big global play.

edit on 7/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

Wow!

Methinks that Murdoch had so much success in the UK and maybe America, was because he has serious crap on the main players

He play very dirty, and in the UK his dark arts have been found out this week.

Maybe a few twitchy backsides in the USA will try and bury this story.

But I can assure you its not going away!

China may have well been ahead of the game, but you have to be in the game to win it.

We win

For a change!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Oh..c'mon.

sematics!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by backinblack

I get all my news from ats

no
you don't
or you would know

ats search for Rupert Murdock
ask.abovetopsecret.com...

Rupert Murdock has decided to cut his losses and run. His son James has announced that the top selling Murdock tabloid, News Of The World, is to close. Murdock hopes this will take the heat off him – but it won’t.
socyberty.com...

however some one has to play the other half of the fiddle

Tdawg
is that what they call antisementicism?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Sematics?

What are they then?

Maybe you should stop reading 1st year english headlines and do a reading and writing comprehension course ran by the rupert murdoch school of literacy and numeracy diversability

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Murdoch is a scoundrel all right, but I think they all are.

I was trying to be factious.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Anti-Semitism? No. I judge people by their actions, not their affiliation.

I just naturally distrust the big news corps. Even though I still read them from time to time.

There’s always two sides of a story.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Murdoch is a scoundrel all right, but I think they all are.

I was trying to be factious.

Whatever dude
If you think that it is ok that a news organisation can tap your phone and email if you had just DIED for your country
think that it is ok to steal the hopes and dreams of murder victims and their families the you have a point!
edit on 8-7-2011 by BattleFieldPredator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm not sure why you are arguing with TDawgRex when they believe MSM is corrupt..

Seems they share your view..

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I apologize if I derailed you. I do agree with you in this case. It's just that BiB and I have had debates in the past and I was acknowledging the fact that I actually agreed with him/her in this case.

What Murdochs organization has done, "In the name of News." has done more of damage to the profession than anything else.

I hope he goes down for this. Maybe it’ll open the door for more honest journalism. It seems to be lacking these days.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I just naturally distrust the big news corps. Even though I still read them from time to time.

sorry I was punning
read a little closer

won't harpoon again

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

My appologies

We are in a new world where right and left is forever blurred ,,

All I myself can count on as a soldier is a world of contradictions and lies..

I am glad that there is no way they will become truth x

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No prob. As a retired Soldier myself, I have always tried to lead by example, Not the “don’t as I do, do as I say” mode of leadership.

But there are times when people misunderstand my humor.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

My bet is Murdoch's media corporation has opened a can of worms and his corporation is not the only one doing the phone hacks. There should be a full and thorough investigation....and Murdoch has to take full responsibility for his employees....I'm alleging he knew what was going on from the start and allowed it to continue.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm alleging he knew what was going on from the start and allowed it to continue.

That's a safe bet but I'd guarantee he worded it differently like,

"I don't care how you do it but get me the story or find another job"

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Ah. The Captain his ship metaphor.

Nicely done. and true.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I am in the US and I have been following this all week in my news feed. It's huge news in the UK, but I have not seen much about it here yet. I wonder why so quiet here in the US...? Here's just one of many articles that pretty much lays it all out: Article here

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ya they're in trouble but call it the Patriot Act and it's fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join