It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Zetas Kingpin: We Bought Guns Directly From U.S. Government

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin
wow you guys really dont see it? Republicans are the ones that are selling them weapons, they don't want a comprehensive immigration reform, or dream act or anything, so they sell weapons and even buy drugs from these cartels just so they have excuses to not pass anything related to immigration.

Psst. little hint. Obama and the democrats are in charge.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by whaaa
My theory is that if the Cartels get strong enough and actually pose a threat to the Mexican govt. The Mexican govt will call in American troops to stabilize things and what do you know....

Pemex will be taken over by Halliburton and we will have a military presence in yet another oil and drug rich country.

articles.latimes.com...

I think the neocons started planning this operation back during daddy Bushes administration, as part of the PNAC grand design.

www.youtube.com...

Considering today’s U.S. Administration doesn’t it seem like there is a push-back to your video that you posted?

That there are other agendas as well as the video’s being pushed?

edit on 8-7-2011 by whaaa because: add stuff

President Calderón's party is slated to draw a big goose egg in these next elections. Most everyone is fairly well convinced he made a big mess of things. His presidency was won in a delayed declaration where his opponent was first thought to be the victor. His opponent López was seeking stronger economic relations with the rest of Latin America which was not a popular notion with the US. Since day one Calderón has been playing a US agenda and immediately started his Drug War, very popular with the US.

The Mexican people are well-aware of the US's wet dream fantasy about PEMEX having had their hands on Mexican petroleum before. Mexico will very likely be going back to the pre-Fox PRI party days. There will be some changes, no doubt.

It looks to me that there is a bit of push back when it comes to this current Admin. Are they in the opposition’s pocket? I believe so.
edit on 8-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It looks to me that there is a bit of push back when it comes to this current Admin. Are they in the opposition’s pocket? I believe so.
edit on 8-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Keep in mind this is not a two-party system here, there are three major contenders in all levels of government. Fox and Calderón are PAN, López who was narrowly defeated was PRD, and PRI had the reigns for over 70 years. It is not a matter of deciding between chocolate and vanilla, there is a bit more to choose from. These parties often make strange alliances and you will see political posters boosting candidates for different slots from more than one party, which could account for why we most often end up with "rocky road."

edit on 8-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Yes, I understand that. But the relationship between Mexico and the U.S. has always been strained, well, since the beginning. I think that this Admin is using Mexico’s “Drug war” that we fund, to take away the 2nd Amendment from U.S. citizens.

It can be played both ways. But I think Mexico should tell the U.S., in this case , to pound sand.

They should try these individuals in a Mexican court, as they have affected more Mexican lives than American. But either regardless of sides, it is still a travesty of justice.

edit on 8-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Yes, I understand that. But the relationship between Mexico and the U.S. has always been strained, well, since the beginning. I think that this Admin is using Mexico’s “Drug war” that we fund, to take away the 2nd Amendment from U.S. citizens.

It can be played both ways. But I think Mexico should tell the U.S., in this case , to pound sand.

They should try these individuals in a Mexican court, as they have affected more Mexican lives than American. But either regardless of sides, it is still a travesty of justice.

Ah yes, the northern opposition. The next president is likely to win decisively and not owe anyone for helping them pull out a last-minute victory.

Drug prohibition is a win-win for politician and criminal alike, too much alike. The Drug War, on the other hand, really only benefits our neighbor to the north who seems to thrive on instability. The old powers realized the enormous value of their vast coastlines and everyone dealing with them knew exactly what that sand was for.

I've heard they want to extradite those Fast and Loose ATF gun peddlers. Haven't personally seen anything to confirm it. Not sure how far that will go but I imagine Calderón received a bucket of sand in reply.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

There are Mexican politicians who want to extradite U.S. officials. Will it happen? I doubt it.

But if the possibility even existed, we may see more honest individuals within the US government.

As a former member of the U.S. military. I always thought that every decision I made, I was betting my rank and career on. And that it should be a honest decision. One that I could hold true too.

I know that’s expecting a lot of our bureaucrats, but I think they should at least try to have some standards.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My word... Directly from the government?!?!?

If anyone has netflix instant watch... you can see how violent this gang gets... Check out Gangland, season 3 episode 11...

Why would they arm such a violent gang... oh I know, to eventually take away regular citizens right to fight back

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I hope people will remember ramos and campeon
the two border guards Bush threw in jail for busting a mexican drug runner...

this is a bisex..oooops ...partisan issue
against the peeeps

Nah, it's just good old corruption doing what it does best.

Obama fighting to save a Mexican child rapist and murderer from the death penalty is also, of course just a coincidence. Right?

The Mexican truckers are now on US roads and can safely ignore all DOT regulations... That too is just coincidence?

I mean, when one of them gets involved in a major accident, no point in investigating it, they do not have to follow any US DOT regulations for trucks.... Watch for them, it could be a matter of life and death.

What exactly are they hauling into the USA, who is checking the loads, where is it going, and why are they only interested in taking loads back to Mexico that will pay just enough for fuel????

People need to stop and think about the amount of dollars involved in the cross border drug trade.

Why is it that some states are decriminalizing pot, but the feds are fighting it, and reminding people that it is still a federal crime, no matter what the states do?

There is much more going on here than you can imagine.

Hopefully, soon that will change.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think the PTB are pretty much ready to make concession to cannabis use.....if they dont, their credibility will suffer even greater losses.....
Meanwhile, this will not go as far to stop the cartels from operating as some may hope.
Deeper agendas are at play here, and the multioutcomes are probably mostly good for the PTB s.
The situation will be played out in the next 24 months i think.....

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Nah, it's just good old corruption doing what it does best.

I could try to field some of these questions, if anyone is really interested. Then again some really don't want answers, it just sounds good to sensationalize rather than explore the rationale.

Obama fighting to save a Mexican child rapist and murderer from the death penalty is also, of course just a coincidence. Right?

He probably well deserved his punishment but there was the question of international treaties where a foreign national is entitled to counsel by their native country. This man was denied or overlooked the opportunity to be counseled by the Mexican government in his trial. The danger in breaking the treaty is that American citizens could be deprived the right to be counseled by the American embassy if involved in a legal matter in a foreign country. The key point is possibly endangering US citizens abroad if other countries were to blow-off their treaty obligations. Of course if that doesn't matter to anyone...

The other side, this man (don't recall his name) was born in Mexico and lived in Texas since age 2. He would be well aware of Texas law and the consequences, not the type of person this sort of treaty was meant to benefit, but nevertheless he was a foreign citizen.

The Mexican truckers are now on US roads and can safely ignore all DOT regulations... That too is just coincidence?

If you believe all US vehicle safety standards are absolutely essential. I have a fairly new US vehicle in Mexico but not all Mexican vehicles have eight airbags like mine. Most of the large vehicle manufacturers are now global producers and make international standard vehicles and US standard vehicles. If it is the conservatives that are complaining about this just remember it was them "libruls" that "nanny-tized" your car to such rigid and likely unnecessary US standards.

You can complain about your car's idiotic safety specs later after you get done sensationalizing the point being made in this post. Same sort of standards apply to international-standard trucks, they probably are not virtually any less safe, I doubt anyone is telling them they can drive their trucks in the US with bald tires.

I mean, when one of them gets involved in a major accident, no point in investigating it, they do not have to follow any US DOT regulations for trucks.... Watch for them, it could be a matter of life and death.

Like I said, after your done sensationalizing.

What exactly are they hauling into the USA, who is checking the loads, where is it going, and why are they only interested in taking loads back to Mexico that will pay just enough for fuel????

I'm not positive on this, but isn't there some ICC regulations about hauling loads in one direction and dead-heading back? I'm just guessing the Mexican drivers are looking for a way of paying fuel expenses to get back to Mexico. The reason for wanting them delivering in the US is because they do it cheaper, right? But it could be for some much more nefarious reasons as you suggest.

People need to stop and think about the amount of dollars involved in the cross border drug trade.

My guess is that the US, the CIA and other alphabet agencies, have given that a lot of thought.

Why is it that some states are decriminalizing pot, but the feds are fighting it, and reminding people that it is still a federal crime, no matter what the states do?

That same thought process again, the federal government has been working overtime on that.

I believe pot is just something they will have to eventually concede. It might be the most detrimental to their whole nefarious little scheme and cost the corporations that have competing goods a whole lot of money, but if they could just let the people have their pot then the rest of the Drug War just might be winnable - though without pot to worry about it might not even be worth pursuing.

There is much more going on here than you can imagine.

Oh, I've given that some 45 years of imagination. We're still talking about pot, right? Sure, 45 years then.

Hopefully, soon that will change.

I have been saying the very same thing for decades. I hope to see that change in my lifetime at least. It should have changed long ago. We were just about there then someone's old lady said, "Just say no." Felt like whacking that witch.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think the PTB are pretty much ready to make concession to cannabis use.....if they dont, their credibility will suffer even greater losses.....
Meanwhile, this will not go as far to stop the cartels from operating as some may hope.
Deeper agendas are at play here, and the multioutcomes are probably mostly good for the PTB s.
The situation will be played out in the next 24 months i think.....

I seriously doubt TPTB will concede that, not without a fight or just finally surrendering to a lost cause. $900 a month prescriptions to Marinol just won't do.

Are you thinking of the timeframe of the elections like I am? Less of a factor in the US but in Mexico the Drug War is so unpopular and has had such a bad effect that if they don't make this next year or so nice and mellow Calderón's PAN party will hardly be fit to elect as dog-catcher.

What you say about not effecting the cartels much has gotten to be a very popular retort. I don't believe that for a second, it is still a major part of their revenue, of course they are monsters that have been well-fed and nurtured like someone intended them to survive a long time. That argument is meant to make you scratch your head then say, "Well, fo'gedaboudit then." But I still believe what is right is right. That argument just doesn't hold.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
where else are the guns going to come from. go after the people using the weapons, bring back life sentences and end corruption in your own country.

i can't believe that someone, or a group of people who mass murder 20 people and then roll their heads into a night club aren't hanging by the neck.

mexico is lost.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Why are the US Government intentionally causing problems for the Mexican government?
That is the part I don't get..
My American/Mexican relations knowledge is poor.
Anyone shed any light for me?

Because the USA preys off of instability.

Any stable nation would work together for their own national progress. The US would not profit from this, and in effect, it would also prove to be a threat to American interest in other countries who would follow the autonomous example. Why do you think the US is constantly up Iran's ass? Syria's? They want them destabilized. They want them split. They want the opportunity to move in and command what the country does.

Mexico is no different. The US has been a threat to the Mexican people for a very long time, including Zapata's days during the revolution in 1911 (I believe it was). NAFTA lead to the rise of the Zapatista movement that fought the pro-US Mexican government's attempt to assimilate their traditional and cultural lands while eradicating the people.

It was said that the most sh!ttiest, hick mountain villages in Mexico produced the leaders of Mexican society because they were the ones who grew up under hardship and real cultural values. They were the ones to keep Mexico on the Mexican path. After NAFTA and the Zapatista uprising in the early 90s, the Mexican government seeked to destroy these rural communities, because they felt that it was up to them to control Mexico's destiny by pleasing American economic interests (PS guess who then moved into Mexican crops and dominated their maize with genetically-modified terminator-gene corn? Monsanto).

Now I don't have all of the answers as to why the US government would supply Mexican drug gangs. I will assume that it is in order to protect them from the Mexican government. Why? Because when Joe America smokes a bowl of crack coc aine, he doesn't give a crap about American politics or foreign policy. When he doesn't get his crack, then he gets desperate and violent for more.

And what happens if the US cuts all ties to drug gangs now and actually makes an effort to defeat them? The entire principal to capitalism is competition. The harder the US government fights them, the more effort the drug gangs will make to beat them in order to profit.

This is yet another monster that the US has created for itself that it must sustain or battle. They stopped sustaining the Mujahideen in Afghanistan and what did that result in? "Blowback", as the CIA calls it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
This is yet another monster that the US has created for itself that it must sustain or battle. They stopped sustaining the Mujahideen in Afghanistan and what did that result in? "Blowback", as the CIA calls it.

Going by the offical story? That would be 911 Regis. Final Answer.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Going by the offical story? That would be 911 Regis. Final Answer.

I'm not even going to pretend to believe in the official story.

However, the Taliban turned against American interests in the 90s when they refused to allow construction of the oil pipeline through their country. Al Qaeda (which if to be believed, is a remnant of the Afghan mujahideen) did attack a few US embassies in Africa.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enter Ruin
wow you guys really dont see it? Republicans are the ones that are selling them weapons, they don't want a comprehensive immigration reform, or dream act or anything, so they sell weapons and even buy drugs from these cartels just so they have excuses to not pass anything related to immigration.
sad attempt at diverting attention away from his parties faults. Truth is the both suck
edit on 9-7-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If found to be true this should be an impeachable offense. A .this goes against his oath as president to protect the constitution. B. this is conspiring against the rights of the people he has sworn to protect. Sadly this will stay a Mexican issue that's why he knows he can get away with this. Calderon is in his back pocket as we all know. Seriously i feel sad for the Mexican people they work there arses off here to make a better life when if they had only focused on Mexico it would not be a 3rd world country. Imagine what Mexico would look like if they didn't have a corrupt government the tourist rates would hold the country up by its self. Its freaken sad

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

If you believe all US vehicle safety standards are absolutely essential.

I do, and the reason is, I encountered a Mexican truck, and driver...

This guy and his partner were young men, in their 20s, the truck and trailer were in bad shape, and in unsafe condition. Bald tires, inoperative lights, break pads that were worn far beyond the legal limits, leaking air lines in the trailer and these were the only things that I could see... The driver almost backed into the railing on the steps leading into the warehouse where he was picking up a load going back to Mexico. I'm sure that was just inexperience.

I helped him get the truck and trailer safely docked, and while my Spanish is not good, and his English was about the same, we were able to have a long and very interesting conversation. He was a young man, with a wife and two girls he was very proud of, and he is working hard to make a living. I can respect that.

I found out some things about the loads he brings to the USA, in this case to Denver, CO.

Obviously, I'm not going to post the details of any of that here as that could cause problems for him.

In my opinion, freight containing Mexican goods which are all legitimate, legal products are brought into the USA this way now... and I personally have no problem with that, other than I believe there should be a required US DOT safety inspection done on every Mexican truck and trailer entering the US and they should have to follow the hours of service rules so they aren't driving sleepy. I do also believe that occasionally select loads have both legitimate products intermingled (mixed) with other products which include coc aine and marijuana... Among other things... But that is just an opinion.

There is a distribution system already in place, in the USA for these specific products, and there are corrupt US agents, agencies and criminals involved. Before being brought in this way, it was brought in by US trucking companies, or in shipping containers then hauled by US trucking companies.... Of course, this too is just an opinion.

There are people who will stop at nothing to protect this "business" and the entire operation.

Most of the other points in your post, I have no real arguments with.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
My theory is that if the Cartels get strong enough and actually pose a threat to the Mexican govt. The Mexican govt will call in American troops to stabilize things and what do you know....

Pemex will be taken over by Halliburton and we will have a military presence in yet another oil and drug rich country.

articles.latimes.com...

I think the neocons started planning this operation back during daddy Bushes administration, as part of the PNAC grand design.

I found it interesting that Paul Wolfowitz (a Jew and staunch Zionist) who was instrumental in shaping the Defense Policy of preemption & unilateral military action under both Bushs, started out (1970's) as an aide to Democratic Senator Henry M. Jackson, a Cold War Liberal who supported "higher military spending."

I believe TPTB run both Dems & Repubs. I suspect the long range plan, is for the Elites to plunder the natural resources of both Mexico & Canada, and creating a situation where they have all the cheap labor they want.

It's the reason they have prevented truly serious & focused protection of our border with Mexico: the North American Initiative. There have been a number of threads on this Wikileaks release of a Canadian embassy cable. It will start with the US combining with Canada, then Mexico.

Related ATS threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not only do TPTB, make lots of money from selling arms to the illegal drug traders, but it feeds right into their plans for creating chaos in the US.

Soros (along with some Libertarians) is also pushing for the legalization of currently illegal drugs.
TPTB would love to have the masses drugged and mindless.

Wait, don't they already ....

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

If you believe all US vehicle safety standards are absolutely essential.

I do, and the reason is, I encountered a Mexican truck, and driver...

I helped him get the truck and trailer safely docked, and while my Spanish is not good, and his English was about the same, we were able to have a long and very interesting conversation.

I found out some things about the loads he brings to the USA, in this case to Denver, CO.

Obviously, I'm not going to post the details of any of that here as that could cause problems for him.

By reading your post, I gather that he was transporting illegal controlled substances into the states?

And since you didnt mention any details about him other than him having a wife and two daughters, how is elaborating of his load going to get him in trouble??

Do spill the beans...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join