It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I died in a 10.3 EQ today.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by jude11

that's odd...ad 10.3? or -0.3? surely if it was a 10.3 you'd have felt it lol...odd glitch i've never seen before

Well, if it was indeed a 10.3, I'm sure the entire World would have felt something. Or at least have some idea that everything wasn't normal this morning.

Weird? Yup.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Allow me to post this. I'm sure some of you will logically see this photo as an interpretation of today's event. Others will know its true nature.

This has been a message for those who choose to hear it, and a warning for those who do not.

Be at one with your humanity.

a note: for those that didn't catch my drift, this drawing was done several months ago.
edit on 8-7-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is surely just a glitch with their equipment or something equally innocent. Maybe a really weird bounce off a legitimate quake. I just found it though, showing as an event 25 hours ago at one of the live Earthquake displays I monitor. Fortunately I have 'Scrapbook' installed so I can take a perm. picture and record of it for posterity. LOL... Nice catch. I wouldn't have even seen this since I don't check the quake feeds but once a week or so if something major isn't happening...

Thursday July 7 2011, 23:27:54 UTC 25 hours ago Canada -0.3 178.0 Detail

^^ There is what the data line from USGS shows... the 178 is kilometers in depth. That is deep, but nothing unusual. Maybe someone simply lost a submarine or a shipping container off a cargo ship that landed within feet of a sensor..what are the odds? It must happen once in a great while tho...
edit on 8-7-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

I hope you rest in peace if you are truly dead. If you are dead, that means you are communicating from the afterlife. Those of us who don't believe in an afterlife will now have to rethink their approach to things. If you are still alive, I am glad.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Something that large and that close to New England would have leveled everything from Manchester NH to Hartford CT, and since I was just in Hartford, I must assume this was a sensor glitch.

I KNOW I'm not dead...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Did you guys see this

11/07/08 21:09:19 44.09N 72.04W 11.0 2.6M NEW HAMPSHIRE

USGS TELEMETRY DATA

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm no seismolgist, but I am a geologist. The original magnitude of -0.3 is correct; it's not a glitch. If you understand how a seismogram works, you should also know the math involved. A previous poster illustrated it, but I don't think anybody read it. Page 3. Point blank: there was a -0.3M EQ, and we didn't feel it because it's like a mosquito flying into an elephant. The map, on the other hand, would be a glitch. It's not that the software can't handle +10 readings(because they are designed to read up to between 15 and 20, depending on the program), it's more like the mapping system on the OP's link is misleading and inaccurate. The colors and size of the circles don't seem to be based on anything. I checked the numbers and checked them against the other reports on that site and nothing suggests that there was anything worth reporting. It didn't show up on USGS because 1: it's not a threat to national security(that's a cheap shot at US policy, if you missed that) and 2: it was too insignificant to report.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
Well if you're dead then you just came across a shocking discovery!

ATS exists in the After Life!

well on to debunking the entire paranormal discussion board. i mean, after all this time, wouldn't ONE of the deceased come forward and said "hey, thats me in that picture! wow, i've let myself go. i look like a big ole orb."?
edit on 9-7-2011 by redhawk724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i have family in northern nb, campbellton, an im a ask if there was any shaking today!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It appears yesterday's global incident map glitch is continuing today. They are not showing new quakes on the map however down below they are...just a few yellow circles left from old quakes
link: quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
It appears yesterday's global incident map glitch is continuing today. They are not showing new quakes on the map however down below they are...just a few yellow circles left from old quakes
link: quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I'm noticing new ones. Actually, they haven't stopped showing.

The big one is the only glitch I am seeing.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightwhosaysNi
I'm no seismolgist, but I am a geologist. The original magnitude of -0.3 is correct; it's not a glitch. If you understand how a seismogram works, you should also know the math involved. A previous poster illustrated it, but I don't think anybody read it. Page 3. Point blank: there was a -0.3M EQ, and we didn't feel it because it's like a mosquito flying into an elephant. The map, on the other hand, would be a glitch. It's not that the software can't handle +10 readings(because they are designed to read up to between 15 and 20, depending on the program), it's more like the mapping system on the OP's link is misleading and inaccurate. The colors and size of the circles don't seem to be based on anything. I checked the numbers and checked them against the other reports on that site and nothing suggests that there was anything worth reporting. It didn't show up on USGS because 1: it's not a threat to national security(that's a cheap shot at US policy, if you missed that) and 2: it was too insignificant to report.

The colors used on that site are used to show the time elapsed since a new quake. They go from red to orange and finally yellow within a 48 hrtime span. Then they disappear.

And yes, I believe we all know the big one was a glitch. But a fun one!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The global incident map is not just fed from USGS. It also takes a feed from Canada and various other places as I do.

This was a minus 0.3 ( -0.3) ML quake.

Possible Explanation

Except it wasn't a glitch!!

edit on 9/7/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by jude11

The global incident map is not just fed from USGS. It also takes a feed from Canada and various other places as I do.

This was a minus 0.3 ( -0.3) ML quake.

Possible Explanation

Except it wasn't a glitch!!

edit on 9/7/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Well, I think we're both right on this one. The glitch was on Globalincidents site.

-.03...not a glitch...got that and agreed.

Huuuge circle on the map showing a magnitude that would destroy the East Coast...glitch.

Thanks Puterman...about time you showed up!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by mb2591
Wth.. this can't be true..

It must be true. Anyone that follows EQ's knows that a site with a feed from the USGS can't report incorrectly right?

You nearly made me spit out my coffee all over my keyboard!!!

Yeah right!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I have yet to see puterman reply to anything in that thread yet today...hopefully soon!

See above. Sometimes Puterman gets busy with things that are not on ATS

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by mb2591
Wth.. this can't be true..

It must be true. Anyone that follows EQ's knows that a site with a feed from the USGS can't report incorrectly right?

You nearly made me spit out my coffee all over my keyboard!!!

Yeah right!!

Thought you'd like that one.

Nice slight sarcasm that only a few caught.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Accepted, yes glitch on the Global Incident site but not as some were saying a glitch on the provider's site.

Yup, both right!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Accepted, yes glitch on the Global Incident site but not as some were saying a glitch on the provider's site.

Yup, both right!

And yet...I still keep a tab open to Globalincidents. Why? I'm a visual person. Gotta see the big dots in order to connect them.

See a dot...pop over to USGS and then up to emsc...just to connect those dots.

Damn, I need a new hobby.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Actually we are all dead right now.....But Heaven is just (unfortunately) exactly like real life. When we die in this heaven we shall just go to another heaven, exactly like the last.....into infinity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join