Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I died in a 10.3 EQ today.

page: 3
30
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by megabogie
I saw it this morning also during the time we couldn't post on here. It freaked me the #$%^ out. Where's Puterman when we need him?


I posted it in the quake watch thread this morning, before knowing of this thread. I have yet to see puterman reply to anything in that thread yet today...hopefully soon!


I think this thread will get up there I hope. Would love to see some experts here.

But that's just me...and according to all reports, I'm reporting from the afterli...was that Elvis?




posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


if you see my career up there, will you tell it
hi for me?



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by jude11
 


if you see my career up there, will you tell it
hi for me?


Will do!

Can't believe how shaken up I was this morning when I seen this. I jumped out of bed to view the Japan EQ but when I seen this on top of me, I can't even explain what went thru my head.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hoping its not a premonition. I also doubt the atlantic will sink, we seem fairly stable here with very very few EQs in comparison to the pacific rim, the biggest we'be had recently was something like, a 2.2?

I think we'll be okay, but you never know right. I have a contingency plan, and i live on the harbour, so ill jack a boat if i have to.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Maybe the ' - ' sign means the earth stayed very very still in that spot....... like an Anti-quake........


I am joking btw



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Hoping its not a premonition. I also doubt the atlantic will sink, we seem fairly stable here with very very few EQs in comparison to the pacific rim, the biggest we'be had recently was something like, a 2.2?

I think we'll be okay, but you never know right. I have a contingency plan, and i live on the harbour, so ill jack a boat if i have to.


I'm on the water in the same area as well. The Canadian Shield is supposed to protect us here tho!




posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
Maybe the ' - ' sign means the earth stayed very very still in that spot....... like an Anti-quake........


I am joking btw




Anti-Quake...That's a new one.


I wonder if anyone monitors that site as the report is still there. The other thing that confuses me is that it's a feed from USGS. How can one have it and another doesn't?



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Oh really? You're from atlantic canada? And yes the canadian shield is supposed to to protect us, all that bedrock and granite underneath us. I feel fairly safe, but tidal waves are still a real concern here too.

I hate living so close to the water. Takes me 5 minutes to get down there, only because its almost like a cliff, all very steep.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
reply to post by jude11
 


Oh really? You're from atlantic canada? And yes the canadian shield is supposed to to protect us, all that bedrock and granite underneath us. I feel fairly safe, but tidal waves are still a real concern here too.

I hate living so close to the water. Takes me 5 minutes to get down there, only because its almost like a cliff, all very steep.


Yup, not far from Halifax.

And the possibility of the vertical cliffs on the coast doing a slip and slide into the ocean has me thinking that a huge quake here could let hell loose.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This reminds me of back when we first started attacking Libya..sorry, started to help liberate them...there was a large quake that showed up on the incident map just off Libya's coast but there was no quake. Speculation was that it was from our bombing raids.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by AzureSky
reply to post by jude11
 


Oh really? You're from atlantic canada? And yes the canadian shield is supposed to to protect us, all that bedrock and granite underneath us. I feel fairly safe, but tidal waves are still a real concern here too.

I hate living so close to the water. Takes me 5 minutes to get down there, only because its almost like a cliff, all very steep.


Yup, not far from Halifax.

And the possibility of the vertical cliffs on the coast doing a slip and slide into the ocean has me thinking that a huge quake here could let hell loose.


Man, thats awsome. I just sent you a message if thats okay.

And yea, but we would not be as bad as say, newfoundland with all its verticle cliffs. Peggys cove? all bedrock and granite. Some places have shale, like the ovens. And stuff like that.

Haha, funny talking local about this...



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11


Anti-Quake...That's a new one.




Hey, maybe I'm a genius and discovered something amazing!

Or maybe..... I'm just strange haha!

Hey, since you're dead n all, can I have your tv?
edit on 8-7-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising

Originally posted by jude11


Anti-Quake...That's a new one.




Hey, maybe I'm a genius and discovered something amazing!

Or maybe..... I'm just strange haha!

Hey, since you're dead n all, can I have your tv?
edit on 8-7-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)


If I had one, I'd say go ahead.


Don't use them anymore.

And if I did, a 10.3 EQ would have taken care of it anyway.


Where's Puterman when you need him?



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So I did a little bit of research on negative magnitude earthquakes that could shed some light on this situation.
I found this at the Earthquake Canada F.A.Q.


Certain earthquakes have a negative magnitude, is this an error?
No, it is not an error. As magnitude calculations are based on a logarithmic scale, a ten-fold drop in amplitude decreases the magnitude by 1. Let us assume that on a seismogram: an amplitude of 20 millimetres corresponds to a magnitude 2 earthquake. 10 times less (2 millimetres) corresponds to a magnitude of 1; 100 times less (0.2 millimetres) corresponds to magnitude 0; 1000 times less (0.02 millimetres) corresponds to magnitude -1. Naturally, a negative magnitude is found only for very small events, which are not felt by humans.

EarthquakesCanada - FAQ



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I was literally going to make a thread about this as well, earlier this morning in fact.

I did my usual routine of checking a few sites for something that might have happened, and when I saw that massive circle I practically pissed myself.

Of course that was initial reaction, I realized it was most definitely a glitch moments later.. but it still scared me.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I was literally going to make a thread about this as well, earlier this morning in fact.

I did my usual routine of checking a few sites for something that might have happened, and when I saw that massive circle I practically pissed myself.

Of course that was initial reaction, I realized it was most definitely a glitch moments later.. but it still scared me.


When I was searching, ATS posting was down and then I had a glitch on my end where I lost the internet for a few minutes.

Yup, a nervous morning.



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Can I have your stuff?



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
if its a glitch why havnt they corrected it yet?



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by krave
if its a glitch why havnt they corrected it yet?


That seems to be the question.

Other sites are wondering the same:

poleshift.ning.com...

Logic:

Is a seismically active area in the Charlevoix region of northeastern Quebec, Canada. It is also known as the Charlevoix-Kamouraska Seismic Zone because earthquakes occur in Kamouraska Country where the land expression of the seismic zone is separated by the Saint Lawrence River. Because of these concerns, the Charlevoix Seismic Zone is considered to be a highly hazardous earthquake zone and it is comparable to those in British Columbia where earthquakes are due to movement of the Earth's tectonic plates. In contrast, the Charlevoix Seismic Zone lies in the interior of the North American Plate and its origin is not well known

And strange:

I worked out on the Maine turnpike (central Maine) all last night. Did not feel anything unusual, although we had a big lightning storm the day before, and the crescent moon seemed very large and eerie the night before that. During the storm, I noted that a huge amount of lightning was horizontal instead of vertical. Don't know if that has anything to do with anything, except I kept exclaiming, "Thank you, God!" Also, I found myself driving home in a golden mist rising up off the road. Huh, never had that happen before! It was beautiful.


Anyone have info on these buoys being discussed?

The bouy Station 44402 - 136NM SE of Fire Island, NY was active 22 hours ago with 40 to 50 foot swells I am wondering if these are related.


@Pamela, your right....I totally forgot about that buoy in event mode yesterday as there were 2 different blogs about it on here as well.........something has to be up.........nothing is coincidental anymore.......very interesting.


i saw that too, very weird. also wondering what it means
edit on 8-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


that's odd...ad 10.3? or -0.3? surely if it was a 10.3 you'd have felt it lol...odd glitch i've never seen before





new topics

top topics



 
30
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join