It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the trendy and incorrect use of the word "Fail"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
FAIL !

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Epic Fail.

Really, did you think this would win?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I must concur with you, i don't utilize any of the 'Trendy Speak' that is thrown about now days,

what happened to the days when Language was an art, when it was Intelligent and Poetic

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I dont really use the word on here unless in the regular way but I think it gives a good description in one word rather than a few words so can be helpful if someone is writing a title to a thread and wants it all to be shown on the boards.

Not sure why many mpeople are scared of the new trends as most words that the youth use are generally put into the Oxford English Dictionary at some point, unless they die out very quickly or are only used in the states.

Ps, I know fail is already in the dictionary but I was just trying to make a point.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Dude your blatantly just upset coz ur not young and cool enough to pull it off.

This thread is a FAIL!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many different and creative ways we can use FAIL to describe this thread

P.s just having some fun dude, no harm intended

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
How is it incorrect? If someone is doing something you consider stupid, they are failing at being intelligent and productive. What a thread fail

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
I must concur with you, i don't utilize any of the 'Trendy Speak' that is thrown about now days,

what happened to the days when Language was an art, when it was Intelligent and Poetic

Yeah those were the days, back when Shakespeare made up 1,700 words. Language is an ever-changing form of communication and creativity is part of it. Get over it
edit on 8-7-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Yeah those were the days, back when Shakespeare made up 1,700 words. Language is an ever-changing form of communication and creativity is part of it. Get over it
edit on 8-7-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

You sir are WIN! this thread is FAIL

Fail!
edit on 8/7/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I understand where you're coming from.

2nd

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I hereby sentence this thread to life imprisonment in the Fail Jail.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Pu Lease. We live in a society where the words "Muffin Top" and "Gurl" is in the Webster dictionary. What do you expect?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

sometimes its interesting to witness a pet peeve in action. slang changes with the generations and its not unusual that phrases used by younger folks irritate the 'get off my lawn' crew. i view the many new terms and acronyms used on cell phones and online as part of that media. people evolve, as does music styles, haircuts, etcetera. it may be a boring world if we still used the same expressions that hip rebels used in 1957.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
All aboard the fail boat..Set sail for Fail!!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm also amazed at how old words take on new meaning
but who decided the meaning in the first place? based on what? usually popular opinion

so you know... can't really fight the flow

Just think though - in 40 years (assuming we get that far) - we might have a president in the US who uses the word PWN

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
All aboard the fail boat..Set sail for Fail!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
wait until you accidentally say lol instead of laughing.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
wait until you accidentally say lol instead of laughing.

i am working on a new one but im ironing out the bugs, the more complex it gets the more time needed to incorporate the sound with image and above all make it entertaining.

an example of what i mean

edit on 10-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join