It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 yr old girl "Do You Like Me Now"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Viral Videos not only show obscurity and humor, they also display alot about or society. The Video entitled "Do You Like Me Now" is one of them. The interwebs is currently seeding this and sending it all over (WSHH, Facebook, Tosh.0, etc.) and it will gain global status within the week. However, in my opinion this video is not very funny, but an outcry from a dying breed of child, one who see's the sexuality, consumerism, and superficiality. Many people how view this may not even understand it's roots, but will simply look at her antics and laugh, yet this is no time to joke. A young girl (like many) seems conflicted, by her need to stay true to herself, and the want of having a boyfriend and conforming.

She starts by speaking about her lack of having a boyfriend, and wonders if it is due to her small sized breasts, even though overall she is a nice girl. She then began pouring water on her self for sex appeal, smeared massive amounts of makeup, posed, and even said "stupid" comments to seem more attractive.

I would like to keep this debate about the social context of this video. Are our young daughters and sisters, being turned into sluts by the media ? What can be done to stop it ?
edit on 7-7-2011 by WordPlayJAy because: (no reason given)

edit on July 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: changed title to be more reflective of the video

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think I know some of those girls she was imitating.

Seriously though I understand what she is trying to say, thankfully she wont be a teenager forever but still gotta get through all the little things in life that end up shaping you into who you are.

At least she sees it for what it is, if she feels down/depressed I feel for her, I know she wont ever see my txt here, but I'd want her to know or at least hope she knows, it wont be like that forever... She said she felt bad cause boys didn't like or some crap. Disgusting someones ate up her self esteem if thats the case.

It'll get better just know you aren't cut from the same cloth like the rest of the idiotic people out there who can't think for themselves instead they have to have someone else tell them what is acceptable what is "cool" have to have someone else confirm things for them.

TBH I don't know if it gets better or if she will learn to just not give a crap about what all these tools think is the hotness at the moment, bow before no one. And if you are surrounded by shallow tards, abandon them.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I like this girl

I think she's got a great understanding of out F'd up society standards are (I'm tryin to put it nicely)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Teenage boys are dumb, and superficial. Eventually, they grow up and are somewhat less dumb and superficial.

Yes, adults are pushing sex and stupid at all children right now. And maybe they always have. Parents don't want their children to be left out, so they don't do anything to filter it.

This girl is mad. I understand. Questioning the messages that are common is even less acceptable in teenagers than in adults....and its damn dangerous amoungst adults.

I try and split the difference. I understand my children will be exposed to this stuff, so I don't censor. I do FILTER it. There are shows which are not allowed in my house because of the content. They may see it elsewhere, but I have put down and explained why this is unacceptable as a regular cultural diet in their lives.

I invite them to critique the mesages they are getting, and challenge them to define THEMSELVES. This is what I think people are most afraid of - these messages give you a role to play, you playing the given role is simple and easy to understand. If you do so, knowing what to sell you is much easier. Knowing how to relate to you is easier. Your identity is given to you whole, and rejecting it in favour of individuation is an act of chaos.
edit on 2011/7/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is that Damien's sister???

LOL!!!

That was a funny clip!!!

I needed a good laugh..

Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

Wow, that's scarier than 'the shining'.. This is sure to soon be a web redemption on Tosh.0, wait for it...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Is it just me or do we need to get her onto ATS?

Seems to me like lots of people here are cut from different cloth, but managed to find an outlet for all the craziness of the world, even if we just sit at our computers and talk to each other about it. At least ATS lets us know that we are not alone.

Then again she is supposed to be 14? Might be a little young for the level of truth here... Just my $.04 cents (adjusted for inflation of course)

-Lightrule
edit on 7-7-2011 by Lightrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow, I mean really wow.

That was sort of scary. I feel bad for the young lady. It seemed to start out as something but turned out completely different very quickly. I think she should be watched for possible danger to herself or others. She quickly had very erratic emotions flashing.

I understand part of that might be due to the fact that she is a young lady and her body is changing, but she did get a bit crazy pretty quickly. This video will certainly not help her in the boyfriend department and will only further help to ostracize her from others.

As for what the media is doing I fully agree media of all sorts has made trash out of young ladies. It is happening more and more all the time. I mean look at their role models, such up class citizens they are. I am not saying I do not find many somewhat attractive physically (I am a guy after all), but when looking at the full package they are rather sickening. I find much of it to be rather repulsive in their actions and intelligence they show. There is a song that says one thing I find rather true, as a guy I want a lady on the street but a freak in the bed.

I think society as a whole is just screwed. There are so many mixed signals sent on both sides of the fence and many of the signals are not healthy. Society is destroyed by the current media we are bombarded with daily. It is no wonder the majority of people (especially in western cultures) have some form of addiction.

All of us are seeking an eternal happiness, but most of the time we are looking in the wrong places. Instant gratification gets most people through, only so they can seek more because it wears off so quickly.

Raist

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't know what to do to change people's opinion about what is happening to our society in regards to sex and what is considered sexually appealing.

It's disgusting that girls (and women) believe that they have to modify themselves or their behavior to be sexually attractive. Parents need to communicate to their girls at a young age that they are pretty and don't have to be slutty to get a boyfriend.

Smart is sexy. The media needs to start communicating this if anything is going to change.

Certain groups (you know who you are) who are overly concerned with sex and being slutty need to fall off the face of the earth. 'Prude' is not a bad word, but it is now because so many people believe that if you don't screw your friends, during first dates, don't enjoy bi-sexuality, sex is a spectator sport, etc., then you are not considered sexy. BS I say! Nobody knows what someone is like behind closed doors. Sex used to be an act of love, but now it's viewed as some sort of public activity. Young girls need to learn at a young age that your body special and needs to be treated as such. Nobody should ever make you feel as though you're not attractive because you're not letting it all hang out or you don't let all your male friends grope you or talk you into taking your clothes off because of their own selfish desires.

Since I believe in dressing in a respectful manner and not participating in sexually active spectator sports, then I guess I'm a prude.

When I meet a man who is worth my time and energy and enjoys stimulating conversation, boy will he be surprised when I get him behind closed doors!

Then, he can feel even luckier that he has a woman who doesn't let any other man view or handle the "goods". They'll be his and his alone!

Monogamy will always be in style with me.

EDIT to Add: This girl in the video is a natural beauty, so I'm sure she won't have to worry later and she'll have more guys asking for her number. Girls are being pushed to grow up too quickly. Guys at her age are usually intimidated by girls like her anyways. Guys just need to mature as quickly as girls do and stop trying to make girls believe that they need to act as immature as guys do if they want attention. I'll never act immature or stupid to make a stupid, immature guy believe I'm a bimbo to get his attention.

No girl should ever be OK looking or acting like a bimbo and the guys who are perpetuating this aren't worth the time.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
She's still a baby, she doesnt know what she wants, and imo, too young for a boyfriend

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

She has a potential career in performance art. She told you what she was going to do. And she did it. Which suggests that she's under control.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Some really insightful comments.
S&F.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I agree, she even said something along the lines of "Here it goes..." right before she switched on the acting.

If you ask me she had a plan. She had the things she needed at the ready, make-up, water bottle and cup. Used them all and made a point of embellishing them. Good for her, honestly.

Its still quite sad though a young child felt the need to make a video like this rather than be outside having fun with her friends.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I can tell you what I am going to do and do it as well.

However, she let a lot of emotion take control. If it were as simple as acting it would have ended with less emotion. Sure she might have intended to do this, but the emotion grew stronger than she planed.

It might have started as acting but it did not end that way. It was not acting by the end, it was very real.

Raist

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

2 + 2 = gonorrhea

@ 1:30

I guess we learn something new everyday.
edit on 7-7-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Now that is a young girl who has figured things out...good for her!!!

I hope her next boyfriend keeps his eyes to himself, or he might just get something bit off!! LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I know this girl and i think she does seriously have some mental problems, shes been banned from youtube about 100 times for uploading very explicit videos of herself to youtube and shes really got some screws lose, she went by the name of Sunkist Carmen and she originated on 4Chan....

Here is one of her other very old un-deleted videos, 17 second video of about 2 hour video if i remember rightly

Shes probably in a mental home now.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Did you not get the memo that is acting

This girl has life all figured out

As I said in a previous post, she needs to be watched as I believe she might be a danger to herself or others.

Raist

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Itop1

Did you not get the memo that is acting

This girl has life all figured out

As I said in a previous post, she needs to be watched as I believe she might be a danger to herself or others.

Raist

Maybe you should watch her other videos then and then decide, maybe acting but she really is messed up in the head
you think this video of her is crazy, trust me you haven't seen anything

and she also goes by the name of carmencurbstomp
edit on 7-7-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join