It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA to woman: 'We're going to have to examine your hair'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

TSA to woman: 'We're going to have to examine your hair'

www.king5.com

SHORELINE, Wash. -- Laura Adiele wasn't expecting any trouble when she put her hair up, packed her bags, and headed for SeaTac to catch a flight to Texas. So, she was quite surprised when she was pulled out of the security line after having gone through the Advance Imaging system (that see-through technology) and told she needed a pat-down.
"When I first heard her say, 'We're going to have to pat you down,' I thought she was talking about my body. I was turning around and putting my arms out and she said, 'no, we're going to have to examine your hair,'
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/7/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this already but just incase they havent I'm posting this one.

This is one of those cases where I laughed after reading the article...I laughed at the utter ridiculousness of it. Should I have cried?

What if there was a naked Sikh in there? Would they search all the poofiness coming out of his body? Yikes

www.king5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
More and more there are reasons I dont want to fly...

I can have "poofy" hair easily because I have curly hair. If my hair is short it can be very poofy like hers. If it is long and I put it up it can again, be very poofy. The only time it is not poofy is if I straighten it. So according to TSA, If I want to fly and not have some stranger put their fingers thru my hair, I need to pull out my flat iron and straighten away. Not only will I get felt up by some stranger, I will have the luxury of having them finger my hair.

Who the hell needs a date when you can just go thru TSA screeners.

Awesome!

ETA...the reason I use "poofy" is because the title did say "poofy"

edit on July 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Report after report after report...And now it's our hair...

When will people STAND UP AND SAY NO!!!

???

peace

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
More and more there are reasons I dont want to fly...

Who the hell needs a date when you can just go thru TSA screeners.

I know right? Although I do see some seriously lonely women taking advantage of the pat down
but what if I got up and said no and no and no...-.- they wouldn't let me on the plane thats what!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

No idea. But am not flying anytime soon so.

I've travelled in less developed countries where female security officers have pat me down with wands and such but they were never intrusive enough to put their fingers in my hair.....and the country am speaking about is Saudi Arabia : /

Maybe this is all just a conspiracy to get the bus companies rich?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They are singled out one at a time. Which makes it hard to stand up when there is no one but you to stand up against an army of them. You heard her say or I will call the cops. Now there is two groups of officials plus a threat. There are some people that ATTEMPT to say no but usually the people are in the middle of their trip stranded with no help possibly have to go back to court how many times. Hundreds of miles away from home. The government and the TSA know exactly what they are doing.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Having someone touch my hair like that is way more invasive and intimate than a pat down or taking off my shoes.
This will do little but reinforce my desire to not fly.

eeuuuuuwwwww

The reports of strange TSA "malfunctions" are coming fast and furious these days.
If people made a concerted effort to quit flying and/or submit.....maybe the TSA would start respecting customers.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You can always do a bit of acting and recreate the famous restaurant scene from When Harry Met Sally, where Meg went off (or pretended to).
I'd go to the airport just to see the looks on their faces

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I haven't flown in a year or so, but when I do again, I'm thinking I'll show up just wearing a trench coat and underwear. I mean what could they do?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First they came for the Snookie poofs, but I wasn't from the Jersey Shore, so I did nothing...

Last week, it was a frail, 95 year old, wheel chair bound woman; this week its curly hair in a "poof.". Next week!?!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm a long haired, bearded old hippie and every time I fly I'm always singled out for "special treatment" pat down, extensive questioning, item by item bag searches thru my gear and carry on, pony tail fondled and squeezed. I wish I had an alternative to flying but I view it as just another inconvenience of doing business.

Denver and Dallas TSA agents are very thorough and have cause me to miss flights. LA and San Francisco aren't to bad usually.

edit on 7-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Never... America has become a herd of sheep. And now DHS has THOUGHT POLICE being tested and they figure that you might have a bomb IMPLANTED now...

TSA warns of possible airline threat involving implanted bombs
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yawl thought those were Alien anal probes... just the TSA doing practice runs

Also this 1984 Thought Police
Watch these... then tell me what America has become

Homeland Security Probing 'Pre-Crime'?

Project Hostile Intent (FAST)

The US Department of Homeland Security is developing a system designed to detect "hostile thoughts" in people walking through border posts, airports and public places. The DHS says recent tests prove it works.

Project Hostile Intent as it was called, is aimed to help security staff choose who to pull over for a gently probing interview - "or more".

The DHS science unit gave an update on the project, now dubbed the less-hostile-sounding Future Attribute Screening Technologies (FAST)

DHS Claims The FAST Program has been through stringent privacy controls and that the data is never matched to a name. It is only used to make decisions about whether to question someone, and then discarded.

The THOUGHT POLICE
www.dhs.gov...

There is another video out about these trailers from DHS itself. It shows them screening people entering a special event and asking them if they plan to record illegally today or plant a bomb and watch the reactions

Here it is

original DHS video
"FAST" Coming to an Airport near YOU! - Future Attribute Screening Technology: The Machine That

Homeland Security Detects Terrorist Threats by Reading Your Mind
www.foxnews.com...

Welcome to 1984 American Style

Now bend over America and take it like a sheep

edit on 7-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is a little scary
but what is even more scary is if it's hair now, what's next?

The TSA is a waste of money and is subsidized oppression
It's a waste of money and hurts tourism, it's not good for the people or the economy

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Nothing like broad day light conditioning, little by little it will get worse and worse and then all of a sudden some will say 'I remember when we could just board our aircraft without all this fuss' then it will dawn on society just how much of a prison planet we live in.

Boil a frog slowly and it will cook! - sound familiar anyone??

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
We should say something?...yes....but Amerikan Sheeple are so "up tight" and politically correct that they won't say what needs to be said. They need to be gutsy enough to use reverse psychology on the agents themselves...work at embarrassing the TSA agents.

The orgasm scene from When Harry Met Sally is a beginning....but in order to embarrass these agents to make a point it needs to be on a personal level. One needs to be a good actor, and most of all remember it needs to hit home...."ooohhh yes! YES!!!...touch me...touch me...oooohhhhh....oooohhhh!!! pant..pant...more! more! Now my hair...oh god...oh god....(give a little shiver at the end for effect)" and don't forget to thank your molester.

Try it...one of a few things may happen...ya may miss your flight, you may end up in the loony bin or jail...but just think...you might end up with a "new friend".
But, best case scenario....if enough ('come on, don't worry what everybody else thinks) people would act like that...TSA may get the message that the real American public looks at them as nothing more than a joke that isn't funny at all and a total waste of time and money.

edit on 7-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"Speaking up" and "Saying something" wont work.
The only thing that would work for people to never fly again. However, that is an unreasonable expectation because many people need to fly to get from point A to point B. Driving is not always an option for a plethora of reasons.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
People smuggling things often will use ingenious oftentimes silly ways to do it:

blog.thegooddrugsguide.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the time, and with our current economic environment, when enough people stop flying, quit smoking and any other over taxed Citizen's rights and priviledges.
Maybe they should have checked her pubics to verify hair color also.
edit on 7/7/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
"Speaking up" and "Saying something" wont work.
The only thing that would work for people to never fly again. However, that is an unreasonable expectation because many people need to fly to get from point A to point B. Driving is not always an option for a plethora of reasons.

As you say..."speaking up/saying something" won't work. But it most certainly would draw attention...Yes...for a lot of people not flying is NOT a choice, it is a requirement for their way of life...but the more attention drawn to the Ludicrous actions of the TSA and their mob of hired molesters is one way to keep the problem in front of the public.

Works on some of the crappy threads on discussion sites...right? heh...

Seriously...when people put up with being "felt up" and scalp massages and touchy feely on the hair, 'cause it's "poofy" and "maybe terrorists will blow themselves up" by putting devices in unfound places that the TSA hasn't probed yet...y'all scream at the top of your lungs...say something each time you are violated...keep it out there with the hopes eventually somebody listens. Do not give in to their "terror tactics"...create a few of your own!

ETA: Terrorize Stupid Americans...the only terrorists out there so far...
edit on 7-7-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join