It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UTAS UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
UTS-15

Check this Turkish answer to the Neostead out. Rarely do new guns impress me...

It's a pump-action bullpup shotgun that can hold 15 shells (or 12 76mm magnum shells) in two over-the-barrel magazines. Seems like a great concept for high impact in close-quarters environments.

Anyone else seen this boomstick before, or know of any good equivalents in terms of capacity?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
how about this? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Nah, I'm not a big fan of bulky, full-auto shotguns.

The amount of time that it takes me to pump a new shell into the chamber is roughly the same amount of time that I need to distinguish and acquire my next target without wasting opportunity.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Kel-tec KSG.

Theres a third one too but I forget it's make at this moment.

Ultra capacity shotguns are trendy this year as pocket .380's were the last coue of years.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Cool, Kel-tec has the "ksg" which also has duel feed tubes but its not out yet I don't think. www.keltecweapons.com...

*edit* oops he beat me to it.

Deebo

edit on 7-7-2011 by Deebo because: add

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It isn't as bad looking as I thought it would be. I looked through the link but didn't see it anywhere, does this have the weird forward pump action of the Neostead?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

The UTS ejects out the side like most other pump shotguns. I read it's swappable for lefties.

The KellTec ejects out the bottom of the stock.

UTS

KelTec KSG

KelTec has said their MSRP will be around $800 while UTAS hasnt said a number on the UTS-15 yet though a lot of estimates put it up around $1,000.

Both will be produced in the US for US consumers and both should be currently in production or at least nearing production if street date estimations can be believed.
edit on 7-7-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Great find. But I would still go with Kel-Tec's KSG.

- KSG is fully ambidextrous -- including shell extraction. Don't ignore left-handers and operators who tend to switch firing side according to situation.
- KSG's weight is balanced at the pistol grip. This UTS-15 looks front heavy.
- KSG is nearly toolless to maintain. Not sure if UTS-15 is the same. But UTS-15 does look more complex.
- KSG is priced at $880 MSRP. UTS-15 => looks more but who knows until they post pricing.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Great find. But I would still go with Kel-Tec's KSG.

- KSG is fully ambidextrous -- including shell extraction. Don't ignore left-handers and operators who tend to switch firing side according to situation.
- KSG's weight is balanced at the pistol grip. This UTS-15 looks front heavy.
- KSG is nearly toolless to maintain. Not sure if UTS-15 is the same. But UTS-15 does look more complex.
- KSG is priced at $880 MSRP. UTS-15 => looks more but who knows until they post pricing.

I'm pretty sure that the UTS requires no tools for field-stripping.

I find it interesting that people bring up prices on here. I guess you guys are allowed to buy this kind of stuff as regular people. I'm not interested in price or civilian use. I'm interested only in its tactical value, and a couple hundred dollars price difference is not paramount to its operational capability.

PS I forgot about the KSG, confused it as the Neostead for a bit there. Thanks for reminding me

top topics

join