It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof, SOLID now, ELEnin is an Extinction Level Event !!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
In my opinion, and I'm sure a lot of you think the same, comet Elenin will pose absolutely no threat to planet Earth whatsoever, Nibiru is pure fantasy, and I for one cannot wait until December 2012 when we can finally put these absurd theories to bed.

Oh, I have faith that Nibiru believers will find some reason to still believe after December 2012...

...i.e., they'll claim some adjustment in the timing ("oh -- what we meant was December 2015"), or that some outside force intervened (aliens, the world's governments, etc), or that Nibiru passed by unseen, but its energy will still have HUGE effects on world events for the next several decades (just like some people claim the 1997 harmonic convergence caused the fall of communism).

Trust me, some explanation/excuse like this will happen.

edit on 7/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

astrobiologist from nasa has something to say about elenin

edit on 13-7-2011 by papazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Well, before he died, Sitchin (the guy who invented Nibiru in the first place) made it very clear that the planet would not be returning in 2012, but that we might start seeing emissaries from the Nibblers later this century. Or summat.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

"The Nibblers." I like it! (Hmmm... I wonder if there are secret messages in the Nibelungenlied?)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

astrobiologist from nasa has something to say about elenin

What he says is pretty much exactly what we know about comets in general, and about Elenin specifically.

Elenin is too small (less than 10 km nucleus -- probably 5 km) to be of any effect to the Earth at its closest approach (22 million miles -- or 100 times the distance to the Moon). A comet's tail is too tenuous to have any detrimental effect on the Earth, even if the Earth passes through it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

They're getting ready to attribute all world events to Nibiru.

Every earthquake, every hurricane, every coup/revolution, every heatwave, every winter storm, every mass murder, etc. will be somehow tied to Nibiru by Nibiru believers.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Wait, I thought that was all global warmings fault? Oh, never mind, global warming is caused by Nibiru (aka Elenin)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Let's just hope nobody sneezes on December 21, 2012 as the believers will try to use that as proof that Nibiru arrived. I propose now that every one agree to do absolutely nothing on December 21, 2012 so the Nibiru believers cannot claim that some random and minor event was proof for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Wait, I thought that was all global warmings fault? Oh, never mind, global warming is caused by Nibiru (aka Elenin)

Or

(big drum roll)

Is global warming causing Nibiru/Elinin?

I think we should ask Al Gore!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It is NOT going to happen, you keep posting this propaganda boys.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going!

Elenin is not the problem.

Let's talk impact situation for a moment. Would the governments tell us? Not directly, as the announcement would cause inevitable panic. I mean you only have to look on this forum at the ridiculous amount of threads about Elenin, and the amount of people panicking about it. What would they be like if there was going to be an impact?

If it was a true ELE impact, we would never know. No chance. What if it was a relatively large impact, would they say? I believe this depends on where it is going to impact.

Imagine the situation where an object was going to impact your town and the government told you several years in advance. What would you do? You can't sell up and move, as the moment it was announced all property prices in that area crash. Insurance in that area is pointless. What would happen with businesses, would they move? Would they stay until the end? Imagine the effect on stock markets. It's a chaos situation.

Actually, imagine if there was going to be an impact event near New York. One that could well wipe out the stock exchange. That would be world chaos.

We all know TPTB prefer money over people's lives. So I would expect governments would leave it to the last moment, but probably drop some veiled hints.

I think that would make a more interesting discussion than whether a comet is a fictitional planet or not.

Any of you noticed global events this year? They seem to be a little more chaotic than usual.

st.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Any of you noticed global events this year? They seem to be a little more chaotic than usual.

Actually, it's what I do

weatherearthnews.blogspot.com...

And no, they aren't.

They are always chaotic.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Actually, it's what I do

weatherearthnews.blogspot.com...

And no, they aren't.

They are always chaotic.

Ahhh, you made a mistake, you have assumed!

I never mentioned anything with regards to weather.

st.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

I cover tectonic events etc as well.

But if you mean non natural events, fair enough

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by SatoriTheory

I cover tectonic events etc as well.

But if you mean non natural events, fair enough

No worries. I was on about more 'human behavior' related chaos.

st.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Let's just hope nobody sneezes on December 21, 2012 as the believers will try to use that as proof that Nibiru arrived. I propose now that every one agree to do absolutely nothing on December 21, 2012 so the Nibiru believers cannot claim that some random and minor event was proof for it.

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc"

question for mods: is it still a one-line post if it's written in Latin?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join