It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilian, Amphibians and other Ancient "Alien/Gods"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Gday Slayer,
Thanks for creating another interesting thread.

I believe we on earth have been visited by beings from space before and will continue to be visited.
There is just to many similarities between different cultures through out our history that depict silimilar gods/ aliens/teachers for this to be just a coincidence.
Something special happened between these visitors and our ancestors in the past for these tales to be born and natured into the tales we read today.

Thanks again for bringing these tales to light again

edit on 6-7-2011 by meathed because: me made lots of mistakes

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't take the literalistic approach to such figures. That is to say that if we see an Egyptian "riding" a snake it probably means that the snake was a symbol of the underworld and as such could carry messages or even souls there.
As for figures with different appendages I believe that the cultures who created them were simply trying to describe aspects of being or potential, ex. - a man with wings is not a bird man but a man who has the ability to see far or who has traveled great distances.
Always fun to wonder though,,,
good stuff

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Great topic, and very intriguing! I have thought long and hard about this particular topic. For me personally, I am open to the possibility of interstellar beings visiting our ancient ancestors. Space is big place. Ever since I saw those photos depicting dots of light in space and after they zoomed in on them something amazing presented itself to me. I was floored that they were galaxies not unlike our own. Hundreds if not thousands to boot. That ought to humbling to just about anyone whether they advocate religion or are atheists to the core. It humbled me. With that alone, it ought to open the door to the very possibility of intelligent life beyond our immediate neighborhood of planets and the sun. It is ludicrous to believe that we are the only lifeforms that can communicate with each, possess consciousness, develop technologies, and so on and so forth.

Unfortunately, all we have is circumstantial evidence with strange depictions of beings from our ancient ancestors, and their folk tales. They could be merely man's imagination or something more? Even if something of great importance was discovered and could substantiate the theories of ancient visitors? Does anyone in their right mind believe that those in power would allow that information to be released to the people of the world? Chances are they would not, because it would jeopardize the whole scheme of things. I am open to the possibility of aliens visiting the earth thousands of years ago, but like most; I wish there was a smoking gun to substantiate the theory. Until one is found, I am on the fence about the topic. Moreover, I see the phenomenon as mere science fiction. Still an interesting topic, and something to mull over.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Perhaps I can assist: The following three links emphasize the presentation and importance of the story in all cultural anthropological discussion as it relates to the final analysis of the culture for any given purpose.

This thread was so presented. No personal opinion, no presumption, solid research and a tight presentation.

While Slayer did his thesis here on art and storytelling this link is on architecture and storytelling:

Storytelling and Architecture

Further, as to postulations of Aliens or Gods, this is not the first time that an anthropologist such as Slayer has offered some thoughts on the subject. That being said, I offer the following thread as an example of how broad the story becomes to the anthropologist today:

Today's Stories and Anthropology

Note: Please click on the "read more" button below the paragraph to expand the discussion.

Finally, this link is a Department of Anthropology's basic course offerings. Please note the numerous courses
at the bottom of the scroll on storytelling.

Leymoyne University Coursework

For those of you not involved in the discussion regarding Aliens and Gods, join the discussion on Art and Storytelling. If you have nothing to offer, stay silent. If you do, you will learn something about corroborating the theories you hold dear, even if you do not share Slayer's.

These three links are offered to help those who so obviously do not understand; this is a scholar's thread for scholars.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Hi Slayer, I am here, just getting ready to dive into the videos...

I loved the way you put this thread together it may turn out to be one of my favorites of all time.

Thankyou for the Op.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

When viewed separately people go "yeah ok but..."

When viewed collectively I say it's time to take notice.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Good stuff Slayer, I've always wondered what was being carved by many of the people in ancient America and other places. Like the Olmecs, they along with the Sumerians and others could easily carve a good characture of a persons look, but yet they also draw and carve these somewhat human and somewhat animal looking figurines and such. They where trying to depict something that was unusual to them at the time, an example are the two female figurines that have the look of a human female body but faces that are totally non-human. They could have easily made a somewhat human appearance onto the body. Was this a representation of two reptilians or amphibians that where female. Or as it has been said on other sites that the snake means wisdom and maybe it was two wise females (don't buy it but it's possible). In regard to the bag/thing that the aztec guy and Sumerians are holding. I remember the MS sites saying that was the healing bag or sage bag for the sumerians when they tried to heal people. But if that is so why does the Aztec guy with the lizard have one, did the Sumerians visit that area or the other way around? I'll post a few links but check out the pdf one, because I remember Slayer that a year ago or more you possibly had a pic in a post that had the Atlantean Warriors (Toltec Atlantes of Tula), who where giant statues that where holding at their sides something like the bags (almost look mechanical).

www.famsi.org...

www.mitchellteachers.org...

www.crystalinks.com...

www.redicecreations.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

You wrote...
"These beings could be from another dimension."

I agree with your post,first time for everything.
Yes,I believe that ET'S are really inter-dimensional,
not extra-terrestrial entities.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The following image is from another thread of mine [Unusual Aztec Statue: Xipe Totec] in which many contributors said the outer skin resembled a reptile to them. It sure doesn't look like human hands and feet to me....

Your thoughts?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfcf23f1a097.jpg[/atsimg]
The Story of Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec is associated with many different things to the Aztecs....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The reptilians have been seen and documented by many
cultures over thousands of years.Why are "they" considered
taboo?
I keep thinking of this possibility to explain these ancient gods'
genetic splicing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Too many bogus hair brained threads based on Horrible poorly made videos

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Nice one Slayer, i really enjoy your threads, even when i dont necessarily agree with any of it. But they are indeed thought provoking, well done. S&F.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Great thread mate! Really nice work.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Is it really logical that the Pyramid of Giza was built in 20 years? Using 2.3 million blocks? That's alot of blocks to be carved, shipped, and placed in a certain location.

A friend and I calculated it, it would mean that a block was cut, shifted and moved into place every 5 minutes by half the population of egypt. You would also find areas for the workers in Cairo if this were the case, but you don't find them. We assume they're tombs yet no bodies have been found at Giza. No markings appear inside the great pyramid. It is my conclusion that they weren't built by who we believe.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The first dinosaurs were here, roughly, 240 million years ago. Our common ape ancestor, homo habilis, began its evolution that would end with mankind only 3 million years ago.

It took only 3 million years for the evolution of homo habilis, to make it to modern man. 3 million years, compared to 240 million years, is a drop in the bucket. In 240 million years, some species of dinosaur could have evolved into something sentient. Their civilization could have risen and fallen, and we would be none the wiser. In 240 million years, a species of dinosaur could have conquered space flight, and colonization, in ways we couldn't imagine.

The historical record of reptilian-like "Gods" visiting ancient humans has always intrigued me. Particularly considering that those sentient reptiles could have evolved right here on Earth, instead of coming from another planet. Although, that is certainly a possibility as well

Its certainly something to think about.

Excellent thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What a great Thread, ATS is redeemed by such. I have been pulling back into my shell because of the sad state of affairs of many threads lately, and was so happy to find Slayer newest today when I got home from work. I have been reading the posts and absorbing it all in delight!! Thanks Slayer for this type Thread is why I became a Member of ATS.
One thought,,, and excuse me if it has already been touched on, is the whole concept of Amphibious to begin with, meaning as a creature, to me (being Shamanic oriented) amphibians are very much the Shamans of the Natural world. Not Fully land, Not fully Water, much as a shaman is 'between worlds' connecting spirit and mankind.
One of my personal favorite examples of this is the First Avatar of VIshnu ,,, as a 'Fish',, named Matsya.
It is also one of my favorite Flood 'myths', telling how Satyavrata found a small green fish, cupped him in his hands and carried him home and put in a cup, Matsya, the fish outgrew the cup, then a bowl, then a pond, river and so on until Satyavrata and his wife had to carry Matsya to the Ocean, where it was revealed Matsya was Vishnu, whom Satyavrata was a devotee with his wife. Vishnu gives them a boat to survive the Worldwide Flood that was coming.
I find it interesting first that this is a definite 'pre-flood' example of a water being helping a human.
There is so much to this line of thought, I am glad someone of knowledge brought out the best examples to show others an alternate line of thought.
One post by belittled this thread due to great distance between the stars line of thinking, which is not the only way these 'creatures' could have arrived on Earth. They, as others have suggested could be part of Earths History itself,,, just different Epoch and Extinction avoidance by Intelligence of Life,, just fishy or amphibious instead of Mammal Human. Open up your minds people,,, there are other options for 'where' these beings are coming from, such as Other Dimensions as mentioned above, or part of our Earths Grand Evolutionary journey via different species that develop intelligence and possibly technology.
So, again
Great Thread. I am now going back to pick up where I left off and start reading more ,,,, good read. Enjoying very much and will respond to this thread again.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Evolution now teaches us that all life came from the sea. Could the depictions of half man half fish beings or deities be an early representation of a subconscious recognition of this. If we believe in evolution could it be seen as almost a return (in a very abstract sense), to earlier 'belief' systems?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

I hear you.

I too get tired of the threads which only have a few sentences and maybe just a video.
Our past is amazing. I'm constantly coming across strange and bizarre stories from our collective history.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Great thread! Just reminds all of us how little we know about our history. Justs as the global warming crowd tends to look at data that'll support their argument, anthropologists do the same and purposfully neglect clues that aim towards a more esoteric history.

S+F

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I would conjecture from previous studies that you have a powerful fertility goddess in this statue.

There is a lot to the energy in this world today from the world of yesterday, I believe. The Ancestor Aliens and Masters are sending us the messages to steward this great planet with care through all of this knowledge.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join