It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilian, Amphibians and other Ancient "Alien/Gods"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for one of those threads that opens the mind. (By the way can't wait for your elongated skulls, King Tuts reminds me of the Maya who loved a bound head but why) Sorry I digress.

I'm not against the alien theory and there are so many sightings , one of which my Mother and I saw in our tiny part of the world. But I don't quite go down that road for a simple reason. When I saw the first picture you posted, my immediate throught was hey, that's Capricorn the sea goat. The second - the Twins, Gemini. I wonder how many of the pictures and statues we have are depictations of the zodiac and then you open up the question, who gave us the wisdom of the zodiac which I own could be answered aliens did.

I believe that what we know of civilisation is only a very short chapter in our real history. One civilisation we rarely ever touch on is the Tamil and Indian. Here the Silappadhikaram tells us of a very large land Kumara Nadu that had a Spiritual Academy surounded by mountains, animals, vegetation and existed from 30,000 BCE to 16500 BCE when it sunk. Some South Indian mystics claim a direct line heritage to this place where people achieved extremely long lives through their yogic techniques. The terracotta image you posted sits in a yogic posture. These are the people who talk about aircraft and a nuclear sounding warfare. The archeological record and ancient oral and literate traditions are slowly converging and importantly a number of root words of India's ancient Sanscrit turn up almost universally in the world's major languages. (Douglas Kenyon)

I think that our history goes back at least 100,000 years during which quite naturally people became incredibly sophisticated and knowledgible, then suffered Mother Natures gymnastics. They probably were further advanced than the way we have chugged mechanically along on fossil fuels. I expect they eventually had enough time to note our planet's vulnerability and opted to survive so developed bases within our solar system even maybe further(?) I suspect its they who are so far removed from us that we see in these inexplicable craft . That's why I have trouble in opting completely for 'alien to us' as a species. With the incredible amount of time it would have taken to make the measurements and verify them through enough cycles to put a zodiac together, who ever designed the zodiac would have had to be b een around for a very long time both on the earth and possibly above it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ok............And who were the ancients?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
[
edit on 7-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Ancient Egyptians, Ancient Sumerians, Ancient Olmec, Ancient Chinese, Ancient India etc, Pretty much every "Cradle civilizations" have these stories. Also anyone or group from either prehistory or those who carried along a story via oral tradition then later wrote them down in ancient text or whats left of it [The Destruction of Human History....] Which some to this day will simply dismiss as fanciful tales.

I suppose early man had a nack for writing early Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

edit on 7-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey Slayer! I want to add that I am not thoroughly convinced that these "artifacts" were even made by man. I bet you know of a peice of evidence or two that is completely unexplainable or even unearthly? The reason I keep coming across this, is that we have no knowledge of our creation. We have theories of course but could it be possible that what we are looking at is just junk left behind by ETs? Could humans have been accidently left or discarded here? Maybe they didn't want us (understandable), they built a few pyramids, cleaned out their space vehicles and took off.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wildoracle13

Interesting point of view.

I suppose anything is possible. I'm of the belief that some day someplace during an excavation there will be some sort of definitive find that will force Academia to rethink this possibility. Sure all we have are tales, figurines, statues and some painting depicting what appears to be "Deities/gods/Aliens" and what not. I agree that isn't proof in and of itself. But when we combine all of it they do hint at an interesting tale of possible contact.

edit on 7-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Slayer please tell me what music you used in the first video? I love it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
I believe that what we know of civilisation is only a very short chapter in our real history. One civilisation we rarely ever touch on is the Tamil and Indian. Here the Silappadhikaram tells us of a very large land Kumara Nadu that had a Spiritual Academy surounded by mountains, animals, vegetation and existed from 30,000 BCE to 16500 BCE when it sunk. Some South Indian mystics claim a direct line heritage to this place where people achieved extremely long lives through their yogic techniques. The terracotta image you posted sits in a yogic posture. These are the people who talk about aircraft and a nuclear sounding warfare. The archeological record and ancient oral and literate traditions are slowly converging and importantly a number of root words of India's ancient Sanscrit turn up almost universally in the world's major languages. (Douglas Kenyon)

I think that our history goes back at least 100,000 years during which quite naturally people became incredibly sophisticated and knowledgible, then suffered Mother Natures gymnastics......

Thank you for the wonderful contribution. I too agree there is a lost past, the history of which [or some of it] has been lost or distorted through the ravages of time.

I wrote a couple of threads you may find of interest. They touch on the Indian history a bit. From the possible "Flood angle" aka "the Sinking" etc. I believe we could tie in real scientific evidence from the very real ice age melt off. Don't let the thread titles fool you, they are very related.

Enjoy.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

and

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e359b0392423.jpg[/atsimg]

The area in question is off the west coast of India. In this image from Google it would be the light blue area. The theoretical coast line would be at the farthest extent from the present coast line to the outer edge of the light blue area in this picture.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

OK I've been asked that a few times. Here you go in order...

Enjoy....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist
These theories are nothing more than entertaining fantasy.

All of your truths are contradicted by the fact that interstellar travel is not feasibly possible. Even if an Alien species were able to accelerate their space-ships to 99% of the speed of light, which would require using up entire planets' worth of resources just to spy on us, their species would be long extinct by the time they returned (assuming they come from stars that are 20+ light years away, as we have observed all star systems nearer and can conclude they harbor no life) as time dilation only occurs in the traveler's perspective. This does not also take into consideration that hydrogen atoms become lethal projectiles when traveling at relativistic speeds and something as insignificant as a dust particle can collide with the force of a fission nuclear explosion with a space ship traveling at those speeds.

No Alien civilization is going to go through all of those obstacles just so they can spy on us primitive human beings, and the notion of multiple round trips and guiding humans along is laughably delusional.

I highly respect people like you and the work you do... However, it was that same logic and mentality that only a few hundred years ago was used to describe how the Earth was flat. There is much more going on than we know and can perceive. I have a feeling people like you are going to be in for a huge awakening very soon... we all are.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyThatThinksClearly

Originally posted by TheGuyThatThinksClearly
doesn't get anymore Cult- like then that...

To each his own.

I get the feeling that your life is filled with bogeymen, intrigue and mystery...

not really my life is filled with proven facts and proven facts only.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Nice thread Slayer!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
^_^ very very great work slayer, as usual

There was a video i watched recently about identical amphibian iconography at the infamous (for conspiracists.. or truth seekers) Roslyn chapel:

Here you go:

It really gets me thinking all this, like were no longer just clutching at straws anymore & we've atleast got some of the corner peices ..or Stones (lol).. in place for piecing back together this epic puzzle.

the idea of hollow earth has always seemed completely impossible to me, but a friend explained to me recently that hollow earth doesn't necessarily mean like a tennis ball, he said even just 97% solid would allow the remaining 3% to be vast enough for oceans to exist down there. So what about volcanic activity I asked & then the conversation got really profound. He started talking about amethyst crystals and how similar crystals protect these caverns manifested through thought alone of these advanced beings ... yea waaaay out there but my spiritual beliefs were shaken up a bit when he told me this... the tree of life comes to mind... there is a depth to this theory that boggles my mind to explain properly because im not sure if ive grasped it enough ... probably because i don't want to burden my heart with the implications if its true... & the same goes for this thread...
interesting to think about and discuss nonetheless.... I just wont allow these theories to undermine my spirit... which has taken a bludgeoning in the past for getting too deep into this stuff... i like to keep things real from now on & it this is real... great,, but diving into fear about society isn't going to happen again... im gonna stay optimistic & see this as just another beautiful story from our past...

"mesmerising" the masses as the shape shifted ???

this could lead all the way round to the holographic universe theory & the matrix is stitched into our awareness from the time when these beings first appeared... ,,,, those eyes on Babylonian engravings.. with the maybe hypnotic hands leading the eyes away from the human population as the box of treasures is stolen beneath our gaze.........what are those boxes and what do they contain!? Gold??

maaaaan this rabbit hole sucks.. i wish it was a wormhole... id ride that thing all the way back in time to the library of Alexandria... not only would i save all the knowledge i would drown the bastard about to set it on fire.

S&F nice work, especially grateful for sharing those images you found on an auction website :O

edit on 7/7/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist

Originally posted by ObvTruth
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

Remember this is by our current understanding of science. I mean civilizations have only been around a few thousand years. And we don't know everything about Space Travel. Plus these things could be from another Dimension or even from the Future. Who knows

Indeed, I'll cede. Our knowledge is not absolute about physics, and the sci-fi geek in me cannot dismiss the notion there are possible civilizations that are millions of years more advanced. But...why would they, a civilization so much more advanced than we are, waste their precious time and resources on guiding our evolution along and spying on us? You won't see humans spying on ants or trying to communicate with them, and we are literally ants in stark comparison to such technologically superior civilizations.

We do this everyday in our lives. We have scientists who put cheese at one end of a maze and watch mice track it down, they inject them with chemicles and do the experiment over and over again. They also try and get other species to communicate with us, like monkeys/dolphins/cats/dogs,etc...This is as regular as the sun rises in the east.

There is no reason to think the possibility of Earth actually being a zoo/scientific study could not be a reality. I'm not saying it is, but there is that slight chance we could be the test subjects of some grand experiment from a better off civilization. Shoot maybe our race actually came from another world and decided to start anew here by starting new culture without future technology to save the race from some sort of disease,war,etc...

There are so many possibilities out there, limiting oneself to only what we been conditioned to think through controlled religious and governmental doctrines limits us as a species.

"Once, the world was flat"

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Again another outstanding thread Slayer! It is one of my pet peeves that so many cultures supposedly without contact with each other had so many common tales and myths. Reptilian, amphibian, shapechangers and yes even vampire myths are found in almost every culture. The big question is why? Contact between the cultures would seem to be the most likely answer. But it just seems the commonalities are too prevalent. Almost like these peoples based it on first hand knowledge not as a tale learned from another. I too wait for the "Big Find" that will give us the answer we hope for.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

OK I've been asked that a few times. Here you go in order...

Enjoy....

\

Thanks. This is not the same music as in the first video, but I can hear where it comes from. My guess is that the first video in your op is some sort of intelligent ambient remix. You don't happen to know the artist?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You are correct about all these ancient civilizations. But it doesn't necessarily mean they were influenced by aliens in that specific time period.

I have a hard time believing main stream academia's teachings(all lies),because it doesn't add up. What we are taught that our human civilization is 12 to 10k years old is totally false. And to think that we went from hunter-gatherers to Sumerians( righting Scfy stories in there version of the bible) is crazy. Your right something did happen(or influenced) all these civilizations(whether its Vedic or Armenian Highlands) .But its still too inconsistent that aliens were involved with all this technology going on between 12 to 10k or 20 to 10k years ago.

I am firm believer the human world is way way way older than what we are told. I have hunch that "hunter-gathers" stopped being "hunter-gatherers" 200k -500K (maybe even more)years ago. Its very possible alien did influence then or even before,but it wasn't 12 to 10k years back. That's too little and too close to the present.

Main stream academia is close minded and won't accept advanced civilization existing before and during our last huge ice age. They have altered the whole human time line. For what reason ,don't know, but our history doesn't make any sense.

I'm with you about the aliens influencing us but I don't think it happened 20 or 12k years ago. Definitely hundreds of thousands. My opinion(I have no factual evidence,just my logic)We all have been brainwashed by MS academia to think human civilization has been just a short stint. That we(presently ) are the current pinnacle of human civilization. I find that all too convenient.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

From History-Aztec.com

“For the Mexican, the earth was a kind of monster, part shark and part alligator. Perhaps it was the so-called "alligator fish" from the rivers of the Gulf. It was also pictured as a fantastic frog whose mouth had great tusks and whose feet and hands were armed with claws. In the form of a frog it was called Tlaltecuhtli and was considered a male, while in all other forms it was always a goddess.”

There is no quick answer on this statue. So, I took the paragraph above as a starting point. Further, there appears to be no vetting, biblio etc. So as amazing as the site is, everything has to be re-researched. So, I have begun.

This statue is clearly an Earth God (as you pointed out). We have an opposable thumb on the clawish hand, hence a lizard. I believe that is lizard raiment. I believe that is intended to be a frog face. It is obvious to me after bouncing around the interweb there is some leeway for the priest’s designs in Aztec protective spirit wear. The cod piece I will work on overtime…I do not know where to begin on that…probably famsi (see below). After an hour or so of investigation, I am not happy with any other conclusions I attempt to make beyond these.

There is a portion of Mesoamerica where the tribes had to mainly subsist on lizards and snakes. If a priest wants the Earth to keep those lizards and snakes coming…a priest is going to have to carve out some hearts and flay some skin over this…right? Further, in the lush biome of the area we know we can count on some frogs available for consumption. Whether they would be enough to feed a village per season I do not know.

And, I am like you, I do not trust much beyond storytelling, language and the archeology. When we get beyond this, I see it go asunder. Also I see it become so intellectual that denial comes into play. With this people can avoid the obvious inclusion into a culture of space wear, flying air craft and more in the form of wall carvings and art. Further there have archeological digs over 60 years that have not revealed so much as a headlight or helmet spring to match these wall carvings. Point being if it were indigenous to the culture we would find the technology in the village dump at the dig site, right? When you confront the general anthropological community on this, heads drop and fidgeting begins. Frustrating.

Ancient Mesoamerican texts

Click on page two, find the Lizard in the lower left…amazing.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

You are basing that these intelligent life forms live light years away. What if they are in our backyard? We have not investigated planets, stars, etc thoroughly enough to really conclude that they are not there and also they could possibly be right here just in another dimension...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Also, in regards to you speaking of the Dogon, I am not sure exactly the source, I am on my cell phone but I read that they were asked why they had drew them the way they did, half lizard/fish half humans and the Dogon tribe replied that they were told they could never draw them as they are or else there would be consequences...I will re-research that and post a source if I find, just curious if you read something like that as well...Or it may be a different tribe but I'm pretty sure the Dogon tribe...
edit on 7-7-2011 by NephlimKilla because: S&F BTW, great post.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NephlimKilla

That kind of reminds me of the law laid down by the Judea/Christian/Muslim God of not making images or idols of his image etc.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join