It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza in Lap of Luxury: Israeli Aid Includes Daily Shipment of Mercedes, HDTV's and Jacuzzis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Gaza in Lap of Luxury: Israeli Aid Includes Daily Shipment of Mercedes, HDTV's and Jacuzzis

www.theblaze.com< br />

In addition to basic necessities the “aid” even reportedly includes daily shipments of Mercedes, high definition televisions, jacuzzi tubs,and frost-free refrigerators. Israeli officials cite the country’s humanitarian aid policies for the reported 15% increase in Gaza’s GDP.

He also emphasized that the civilian policy toward Gaza shows Israel’s humanitarian efforts and said that as such, there is absolutely no humanitarian crisis in Gaza, a fact which is often claimed by the Hamas terror group, as well as by the organizers of the Freedom Flotilla 2.
(visit the link for the full news article)

The video details the amount of goods Israel transfers to the inhabitants of Gaza on any given week. This includes 6,000 tons of goods (around 260 truckloads) which are transferred into Gaza on a daily basis. The products transferred into the Strip include baby food, poultry, vegetables, construction materials, and other miscellaneous goods such as medicine, clothing, electrical equipment and hygiene products.

Related News Links:
undhimmi.com

edit on 6-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
LCD screens, luxury cars such as Mercedes and Hyundai jeeps, modern refrigerators, and whirlpool bathtubs?

I don't even have these things! Are we being lied to? Are people putting their lives at risk for nothing? How is this possible that it hasn't been shown until now?

And this:

"We have already demonstrated how the highly organised international coalition of leftists and Islamists has fooled the world about the supposed crisis in Gaza. Billions of taxpayer (i.e. your) £$¥€ etc. in aid pours in every year from the West (but tellingly little from the rich Oil tick states of Arabia – and what little they do promise often never arrives)."
undhimmi.com...

After reading everything, we have to come to one of two conclusions.

True? Then we are being lied to by the Western Media.

False? Israel Media

Or a combination of omission from both? Food for the poor but cars for the elite. This might be closer to the truth IMO.

hmmm?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yeah cause that's what starving and sick people need - expensive cars and HDTV.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Yeah cause that's what starving and sick people need - expensive cars and HDTV.

Actually, I'm not sure who to believe on this one.

Guaranteed it's a propaganda piece...but by whom?

West or East?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No humanitarian crisis? rubbish The video looks like a proaganda in favour of the terroist israel its still an open air prson camp. NO STATE OR COUNTRY has the power or the right to do what israel has done That web site isn't it to do with glen beck of fox news

edit on 6-7-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

They probably do sent those things over to gaza. Not to the people who need it but to the people who have enough power to stop attacks on Isreal. It's b.s. no worries.

I wouldn't even say they were sending those things. It seems so "how can we pacify the Americans?" "Tell them we are sending HDTV and fancy cars they understand that"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I keep hearing that the MSM is controlled by Zionists, so then why does the MSM have such an anti-Semitic message? One story tells of the unbiased slaughter of innocent women and children by the Jews in Gaza, while another tells a story like the video in the OP. I personally think that the truth is somewhere in the middle. I have a question for all of those here in America that believe Israel stole their land from the Palestinians and think that they should give it back... When are you going to pack up and leave where you live and give that land back to the Native Americans? Oh, what's that.... you're not going to? Just as long as we are clear on that.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

False? Israel Media

Seeing as most of the west's news agencies get their news from reuter's i thought the west and Israel news were pretty much the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by jude11

False? Israel Media

Seeing as most of the west's news agencies get their news from reuter's i thought the west and Israel news were pretty much the same.

Seems to be more and more evidence to that end doesn't it?

This could be the video to show just how far they will go to wash the truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wait, Gazans get TVs and fridges?

How dare they?

I mean, the utter nerve of those scumbags. I can't believe they have the right to have fridges and TVs. This is an outrage!

Shill, Gaza is a prison that is blockaded and only recently was a road opened up from Egypt (not even sure it's open). Is Israel not merciful hauling in baby food for 1.5 million people living in a strip of land 25 miles long and 6 miles wide. Are they not merciful? Bow to Israel, they are humanitarian giants.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
They probably do sent those things over to gaza. Not to the people who need it but to the people who have enough power to stop attacks on Isreal. It's b.s. no worries.

Exactly. The people in power in Gaza actually profit from the Israeli blockade and they're the ones buying the new televisions sets and other luxury items. Their revenue has increased dramatically since the blockaded started 5 years ago. I often wonder if they would protest if the blockade were lifted. It would kill their taxation of the tunnel smuggling that they wink and nod at. The people in charge of Gaza are not friends to the people of Gaza.

Also makes you wonder just how much money is being made on the Egyptian side as well. Both sides keep the Egyptian crossing sealed and point fingers at each other.

edit on 6-7-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know, If Isreal was sending luxury they and the MSM would have waved that fact in our faces a long time ago. I really doubt that they would want to keep their generosity a secret from those critical of their policies towards the Palastinians.

And Optimus, The U.S murdered and stole the land, not arguing with you there, but you can't justify one immoral act with another. Are you trying to say it's ok because the U.S did it or are you trying to say practice what you preach? Not throwing accusations out just want to make sure I understand what your saying.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

The people in charge of Gaza are not friends to the people of Gaza.

Actually, kinda sounds like the same thing over here.

I can't see how so many people can just look at what is happening in their backyard and then take delivery of a new plasma tv.

This makes me angry on so many levels.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Israel having lost the PR war on Gaza is merely trying a different approach via its media concern MRMRI run by Israeli Military Intelligence.

There is another flotilla right on the world stage going through and, that's very bad PR for Israel. More people killed on a foreign boat would make them look like dictators to the world. New PR we will try to show Gaza needs for nothing, even luxury goods

With all the deliveries going into Gaza why have a blockade then?

It isn't only about what goods go into Gaza its also about who controlls the water supply, how many hours the electricity supply is on for. How much petrol goes into Gaza, cars are useless if no petrol. I also saw a picture of the shopping centre there a couple of months ago, it was bombed out nothing like the luxury little number in the video. That blockade of Gaza is also about people having the right to get to their farms, their work and simply to move about to visit friends and relatives. Things we take for granted by the Gazan's certainly don't.

I noticed a knee jerk reaction from the posters below the videos, it would be fantastic to think that Israel has turned a corner with her attitude to the Palestinians and visa versa - you can only hope but with an agenda to make Israel only for the Jews, where do the indigenous people of that area fit in - ah! outside.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Israel having lost the PR war on Gaza is merely trying a different approach via its media concern MRMRI run by Israeli Military Intelligence.

There is another flotilla right on the world stage going through and, that's very bad PR for Israel. More people killed on a foreign boat would make them look like dictators to the world. New PR we will try to show Gaza needs for nothing, even luxury goods

It isn't only about what goods go into Gaza its also about who controlls the water supply, how many hours the electricity supply is on for. How much petrol goes into Gaza, cars are useless if no petrol. I also saw a picture of the shopping centre there a couple of months ago, it was bombed out nothing like the luxury little number in the video. That blockade of Gaza is also about people having the right to get to their farms, their work and simply to move about to visit friends and relatives. Things we take for granted by the Gazan's certainly don't.

I noticed a knee jerk reaction from the posters below the videos, it would be fantastic to think that Israel has turned a corner with her attitude to the Palestinians and visa versa - you can only hope but with an agenda to make Israel only for the Jews, where do the indigenous people of that area fit in - ah! outside.

Yes, there were a lot of said 'Knee Jerk' reactions after the video. I thought I put enough question marks and other avenues for thought exploration in the OP but I guess I needed more.

This would be a combination of Israel Wanting to look like heroes and the West Needing Israel to look like heroes IMO.

Good Post!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I love your post.

I worked as the Middle East News editor for a local news agency back a couple of years ago and the things I had to see and clean out of raw data (so the public didn't get freaked out) were too much to bare for me.

Soon after feeling like I've aged a couple of years, I quit my job because I couldn't stand watching the horrors, especially during the 10 day assault of Gaza that took place back in 2009.

And let me add that since Israel controls all banks and ATMs and money that go into Gaza, people there can't even receive help from the outside for buying the things that come in through the Egyptian gates or the underground tunnels they've dug up.

This situation has caused a black market to emerge so people who actually bring the few luxuries that exist in Gaza, demand extremely high prices for it.

Once you see these things with your own eyes you realize the blockade isn't about preventing terrorists from getting bombs from the outside. Its about getting rid of the Palestinians who are already in Gaza.

During the 10 day war, IDF sent out flyers telling people to leave the area before they bombed it to the ground. They encouraged everyone to get into boats and leave. And most people who know exactly how the IDF works didn't even get up to leave. They sat there and bared the bombings.

Originally posted by Lynda101

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sending TV’s to people who you may think to be bad guys would be the ultimate PSYOP. During deployments and trips to the ME, I have seen Chai shops stuffed with everyone watching one TV mounted on the wall. Sometimes watching the news, but mostly football/Soccer. That is a great way to spread your message by telecasting to crowds who can then discuss what they have seen and heard immediately.

If they all have TV’s in their homes however, they may be watching something else entirely and you don’t get the mass effect.

Heck, send XBox’s/PS3’s and Wii’s as well and in one or two, maybe three generations the majority will be couch potatoes just like the western world.

A good PSYOP campaign does take time.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My Aunt went to Gaza a few years back, to visit relatives... She said it was beautiful, and lacked very little. The border areas were desolate, or at least run down, but the country is by far starving. They had soup kitchens that were giving families boxes of grocery's (That were donated by Israel).

They went shopping in malls, that were much more lavish, then most here in the states.

I brought that info here, and was blasted. Most people say and think that they are under fire and being killed all the time... My Aunt said it was common knowledge that rogue elements in Gaza were bringing this violence on the people that wanted to live peacefully.

Apparently Palestinians are learning to play the media, like a fine tuned flute.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So, six thousand tons of goods per week? For one and a half million people? Let's see, that's one point two million pounds.....sooooooo, less than one pound per week per person.....of TVs? Hmmm.

Let's see some of you fat people who want to lose weight try to live on one pound of food a week, hm?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As Dbates mentioned earlier, it is certainly the two controlling entities (fatah and hamas) who are making the gains in the region. The proper aid channels have always been open with no one ever asking what happens once the aid actually arrives in the region. Who controls it etc???

Now we have the open border crossing at Rafah between Egypt and Gaza so even more supplies are entering every day, most going unchecked. This also allows Palestinians to travel more freely as well. Incidentally this area of Gaza is controlled by Hamas.

I've never believed the stories that the flotilla crowd want us to believe. They do it because they have bought the story hook line and sinker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join