It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony Guilty of... lying... watching live The trial

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
It's doubtful it went down that way.

But it -could- have

and because it could have, guess what, that is reasonable doubt even in your mind that casey is guilty.
Now, to someone not totally sold from the get go that she was guilty..well, I imagine they were considering a bunch of senarios, in which case, they decided to dismiss all the circumstancial nonsense and go strictly with linking evidencce

and guess what...there is none that link her directly

This is how the justice system works...anyone can suggest someone is guilty because they act odd...the system is designed to be convicted on hard facts linking directly with no uncertain terms...we kill people here, you don't want to kill someone whom "probably" did it.

A lesser sentence could have been handed down. Maybe manslaughter.
You watch to much CSI and think a smoking gun is needed. Just like Scott Peterson this case was circumstantial, but he got convicted.

Before their was forensic science and dna testing a lot of what jury's relied on in determining someones guilt if their were no witnesses was logic and common sense.

Common Sense and logic dictates a loving mother who is innocent doesn't wait 31 days to turn child in missing AND ONLY does it because grandmother makes her.

Common sense dictates a innocent person does not lie to the cops over and over.

Their are quite a few people sitting in jail now convicted off less evidence than what was in the Casey trail..

Make sure you rally for Scott Peterson too.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What was Casey Anthony's motivation?
How did she specifically carry out the murder of her child?
Where is the DNA evidence?
Where are the eyewitnesses?
edit on 7/6/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

What are you asking me that for? I am saying that the jury didnt convict because there were no fingerprints or witnesses to the murder. But there was a lot of circumstantial stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's really odd how all my posts show that I respect the jury's decision and yet people seem to think I am part of the lynch mob. I live in Florida and have seen this stuff ad nauseum.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I watched a show and the defense lawyers were talking about how stupid generally people are on the jury. Then a juror from the Scott Peterson trial made the comment that jurors convicted Scott bc they used their common sense to see how important all the circumstantial evidence is meant to be. I said to myself, don't underestimate the jury in the Casey Anthony trial, they are smarter than this defense lawyer is giving them credit for, they will use their common sense. Then the verdict came and it was clear to me that the defense lawyer was right, those people did not use any common sense and completely ignored all the evidence. They didn't even ask to look at poor blanket, her pictures, nothing to humanize this little girl's life! How could they not even convict of Casey of neglect is beyond my realm of human thinking.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What was Casey Anthony's motivation?
How did she specifically carry out the murder of her child?
Where is the DNA evidence?
Where are the eyewitnesses?
edit on 7/6/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

Jurors are coming out now and saying DNA would not have mattered. What they wanted to know is HOW she died. Since there was no definitive answer one way or another, they could not find her guilty. We need to do what they do in Scotland and that is have a third option. Either you are guilty, not guilty or no proof. The latter being neither a guilty or not guilty verdict.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

I thought that was a travesty of justice, yep.

Because crap law is carried out before, doesn't make it right.

smoking gun may not be required, but there does need to be concrete linking that can ba attributed to the person and the victim that leaves absolutely no doubt...
Sorry, welcome to a actual justice system..best we got until a infallable truth machine is created.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I thought that was a travesty of justice, yep.

Because crap law is carried out before, doesn't make it right.

smoking gun may not be required, but there does need to be concrete linking that can ba attributed to the person and the victim that leaves absolutely no doubt...
Sorry, welcome to a actual justice system..best we got until a infallable truth machine is created.

True, but being found not guilty does not mean innocent. And im sure most of the jurors felt she was guilty...

And most of the population thinks she is guilty so she will have to carry around that scorn for the rest of her life which I think isnt gonna be easy.

I know I wouldn't wanna be seen as a child killer by 99% of the population.
edit on 6-7-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Does no one think the death threats cross the line? At least the ones against the jury? I'm sure not willing to ever be on a jury if this is what one can look forward to after a high-profile trial. They did their job, and now there's threats of attack & death flying. What the..?

Reader comments on a variety of news sites have been horrific. I can't believe people can say "She is sub-human, life should be cherished" from one corner of their mouth, and then say "Run her out of every town! Drive her to suicide! Kill her!" from the other corner. They're the most frightening kind of hypocrites

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Enjoy.

Have a nice life.

Call me anything you like, since it in no way changes the reality of what and who I am.

Again, enjoy your "karma".

And be careful what you wish for.

More importantly, perhaps, REMEMBER what you wish for.

You never know when it may sneak up on YOU, and it'd be a real shame not to remember WHY.

Enjoy your hate fest, and again, keep your lynch mobs out of my neighborhood. They wouldn't be well received here. We have the rule of law where I'm from.

edit on 2011/7/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i am happy in my life...i do good things and wish good things...YOU however have much to learn. I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

I neither need nor want your pity, so you can keep that, too. I'm fine where I am, and happy in my own skin.

I've never shed nor called for the shedding of innocent blood. Nor am I in the habit of name-calling (glad to see you edited your post, and spelled "tosser" right this time).

So I don't have anything left to learn in those regards.

I probably have a thing or two left to learn about fishing, though. "Much" may be stretching it.

edit on 2011/7/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The Spartans dont like baby killers not the defenders of them

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
my reaction was:

the whole casey anthony thing
distraction, media filler

anything to filltime on tv that isn't about what nato is doing, the latest usurps of control by the american government, among other things

better to have the 'sheeple' unified against a controversial court ruling, than unified against their controversial government

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

The Spartans dont like baby killers not the defenders of them

As I understand it, the Spartans were warriors.

That means they made sure of their targets.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
my reaction was:

the whole casey anthony thing
distraction, media filler

anything to filltime on tv that isn't about what nato is doing, the latest usurps of control by the american government, among other things

better to have the 'sheeple' unified against a controversial court ruling, than unified against their controversial government

Not much you can do till 2012 then vote for RON!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Could we please stop the childish antics? Jools, this is a 20+ page thread, but if I recall, you were the one to have a fit over being disagreed with and alerted the mods. Now you seem to be baiting a poster. What gives? Can we please just move along and stay on topic instead?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
Hello Neno...I have now finally logged on after your stupid inane comments at 5.00am this morning...Karma is a wonderful thing you tosser!...am so glad people in their droves don't agree with you.

being in the majority doesn't equate to being right, any more than shouting loudly makes you right.

It just makes you part of a mob.

Never have I ever heard such drivel from a troll...you really don't get it do you?...a toddler goes missing and the mother or parents don;'t report it for a month...she goes out partying and gets a tattoo saying live life

The tattoo said "beautiful life", not "live life", which is a redundancy. facts are useful, especially when not misquoted. I see how you arrived at your opinions.

....pah you make me sick to my stomach..

Good. Someone needs to. Reality can be harsh when it collides with you.

.you are nothing but a troll....

I've been called worse by better.

Something happened....and you know it...Casey Anthony knows it and her family know it...and at the end of the day Caylee s dead....enjoy your sad life..

No one has denied that something happened. That's an obvious given. There is a dead child to prove that much. I'm taking issue with the cold-blooded calls for a potential murder, based upon nothing more than emotional response. In my day, giving way to emotion would get you killed, in a hell of a hurry. nowadays, it appears, it's safe because it will get OTHERS killed, but leave you all safe, snug, warm, and self-righteous.

I hope you can sleep at night....

I do, and very well, thank you. I can do that because I don't go off my rocker and scream for the blood of complete strangers because I was whipped up by a media frenzy, and got caught up in a lynch mob.

You are sad, sick and i am wondering if your related to be honest....what an absolutely horrible person you are.....

Nope. I'm actually pretty happy, not sad at all. I have no reason to be. I'll let "karma" take care of that "horrible person" remark. Do you often sit in judgement of complete strangers (I won't say misjudge - it's really a matter of opinion, eh?) or are certain folks somehow "special"?

anyway feel free to trounce me personally like you have everyone else on here and me....by using personal words and attacks without any FEELING whatsoever...obviously you have nothing better to do all day....if you think it's morally right for a child to be killed/murdered/accidental.whatever..be my guest as said before...take along hard look at yourself....

Oh no, I've not "trounced" anyone here. trust me on this - when I do that, it's unmistakeable.

No FEELING whatsoever? Probably looks that way, and that's a credit to me. I don't allow emotion to rule over logic. Just because I don't toss my emotions around doesn't mean they're non-existent.

NOWHERE have I made the claim that it's morally right for a child to be killed. NOWHERE. You've got that claim to prove. I'll wait while you gather your notes on that. Otherwise, I'm owed an apology, which will never come. What I HAVE said is that it's not right to pick another victim at random to atone for that death.

Yes, RANDOM. Without evidence, your choice of victim is nothing more than that at all.

That's what being overly emotional will get ya.

I've done my soul-searching, thanks. Did it a long time ago.

That's why I can sleep at night.

When are you going to do yours?

edit on 2011/7/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by FlySolo

Okay off the top of my head...............If I found my kid face down in a pool my normal reaction would be to grab them out of the water, place them on something hard and flat and call 911 screaming and than begin CPR until help arrived.

Now, whatever - yes there were two stories one story said drowned in pool, one said the babysitter kidnapped her.

BUT and this is a big but....................Would you wait 30 days to report this?

You know why they waited that long?

Because once you dump a dead human body in a swamp in a warm climate it takes approximately 30 days for all traces of how the actual homicide happened, all traces of what is in the blood stream (sleeping pills/chloroform, etc) and any and all bruising or sexual molestation to be totally erased.

It takes approximately 30 days for a human body to decompose (in a swamp) down to bones.

Approximately 30 days is how long it would take for a human body to decompose and for the animals to pick apart the remains so well that there would be no way for even a really good medical examiner like Dr. G. to be able to tell very much, and most certainly not enough to actually convict someone of murder.

Ingenious.................and grandpa was a cop, he knew this.

God are most of you yahoos on ATS this stupid?

That's exactly why Casey got off, her jurors were as stupid as most of you that don't research enough to know why the body was put in a swamp and not reported for 30 days.

edit on 6-7-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

So does cutting up a body and burying it with lime. Much faster too I would believe. What about cement at the bottom of a lake?

My point is, I'm speculating about all the different ways of dumping a body. And so are you.

and any and all bruising or sexual molestation to be totally erased

I read what you posted about your childhood and I'm sorry. But that is no reason to project.

Edit to add:
While researching lime it occurred to me I punched a hole in your observation of the evidence. Why would you research chloroform and not chemicals for the means of destroying evidence if it was premeditated? Makes no sense. You don't just plan a murder with one google search.
edit on 7-7-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join