It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony Guilty of... lying... watching live The trial

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The father tried to commit suicide?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

yea, he tried to commit suicide the January 2009 after they found Caylees body. He had a note and everything. they read it a few days prior to the jury deliberation.
edit on 7/6/2011 by ugie1028 because: ok it was 2009... not 2010.... oooops! time slip!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If the media hadn't made this case into such a circus maybe LE wouldn't have ignored Kronk's repeated reports. Did they assume he was just another whack? Finding the body in August as opposed to December may have provided more substantial evidence or at least it could have prevented contamination. Instead Caylee laid there 4 more months! Kronk continued to visit the site, the PI walked all over the place, psychics with cadaver dogs knew about it. Seemed like everyone except LE was hanging around that wooded lot.

I just don't understand the reluctance to take a closer look. How flooded was it? Kronk got in ok. Lakes are sometimes drained to search for kids.

The media is all about ratings.Turning cases into circuses makes the job much harder for LE not to mention our judicial system. Today it looked like the media was stirring up a lynch mob. Parasitic is what they are.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Yes, here you go.

Stonewalled with denials from George Anthony on the alleged molestation, Baez turned his line of questioning to a highly publicized suicide attempt that occurred on January 22, 2009. On that day, former Anthony family lawyer Brad Conway contacted law enforcement and reported George Anthony missing. In his 911 call, Conway said Anthony "has taken several bottles of medication from the house as well as some pictures."

Huffington Post "Casey Anthony's father admits suicide attempt"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Well, now Casey can go back to her beautiful life, clubbing and entering hot body contests.

While Casey partied, her little girl was in the woods rotting. While she drove her car around and said "Oh I must have hit a dead animal" that was the smell of her own baby's body. Amazing.

I think she used the chloroform to drug Caylee and put tape over her mouth so that if she woke up, no one would hear her cries. One night, Casey used way too much and killed her.

When I used to work as a peer counselor at the local women's shelter, we had a woman who was arrested for using benadryl to drug her child and leave her in a car so she could go to bars. The benadryl stopped working and the child would wake up and scream. I'm thinking Casey tried that, and realized it wasn't working... so she moved on to something more potent.

Anyway...

out in California tonight, I bet Scott Peterson is feeling really jealous right now.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by athenegoddess

Yeah, and I wonder, will Casey exit the jail house and announce that she's going to continue her search for the killer since she didn't do it? She said she was conducting a private investigation at the beginning of all of this mess before her arrest.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedRebel5
I'm going to give my honest opinion...here it goes! Had she had been black or any other minority she would've bee guilty!

Diane Downs
Susan Smith
Andrea Yates

all white.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I effin' can't believe she is not guilty...something is totally wacked about this whole thing!

Why?

She CLEARLY is NOT guilty, or the State would have been able to produce at least SOME evidence to go along with the innuendo they were peddling, helped along by all the talking heads on the MSM.

Some of those jackasses are STILL trying to convict her, even after the trial is over!

What really convinced me of her innocence was something she said during one of the jailhouse discussions with her parents. It was something along the lines of "I'M not the one whose supposed to be sitting here!" spoken to George. She probably knows what really happened, but was obstructionist in talking to the cops (trying to protect dear old 'daddy', who promptly drooped HER in the grease!), and will deal with it in her own way after she gets out of jail.

It seems crystal clear to me that George threw her under the bus to save his own skin. If I were in her shoes, there'd be a reckoning with good ol' George not long after I hit the bricks again. I think George realizes that now, too. There must be SOME reason he skittered out of the courtroom IMMEDIATELY after the verdict was delivered, rather than staying around to congratulate his "darling daughter".

He was getting the hell out of Dodge while the getting was good! If I was him, I'd be in the market for some good insurance tomorrow morning.

Nope, it was George who threw her under the bus, with the incompetent assistance of the local "good ol' boys" network, trying to protect one of their own, and failing dismally. Even the jury didn't buy his story and his faked "emotionality" while he was on the witness stand. Matter of fact, according to the alternate juror who has spoken out, George's faked testimony was one of the determining factors in such a quick (only 9 hours of deliberation in a CAPITAL case?) decision. He said, specifically, that "George was obviously hiding something with his testimony", which I could have told them a couple of weeks ago, before that testimony, based upon the jailhouse conversations. His "testimony" just made that point obvious to the sequestered jurors, who probably never got to see those tapes, for obvious reasons if one takes into account the corruption represented in the local Legal Beagle's Network trying to cover George's ass.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Dude......Its so obvious shes guilty but the State didnt do their job correctly and tried to paint a picture and made her look like a "liar and a slut" but didnt provide any physical evidence.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Originally posted by ugie1028
damn!

not guilty on murder, child neglect and manslaughter!

at least she looks at 4ish years in prison for proviing false information.

thats about the same time caylee has lived for.... she should get more... and i just heard right now on T she has a possibility of just going home thursday on 'time served.'

I'll be surprised if she even gets that. It wouldn't surprise me if the judge considers time served and she ends up with probation. I can't believe how she's laughing and carrying on with at times an "I'm all that" type expression on her face. There will probably never be justice for that baby girl, Caylee.

"Justice" is a funny thing. The punishment must fit the crime, and for it to be TRULY justice, it must be meted out upon the actual guilty party.

That wouldn't be Ms. Anthony, as the jury has found.

I'm guessing there WILL eventually be justice for Kaylee, just not what the blood mongers are currently calling for in their emotional haste.

That wouldn't be "justice" at all. It would be more along the lines of Mob Rule.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth

Dude......Its so obvious shes guilty but the State didnt do their job correctly and tried to paint a picture and made her look like a "liar and a slut" but didnt provide any physical evidence.

DUDE, it's obvious that there is a particular "cartel" of sorts who was HOPING for her to be found guilty, but that's not the same thing as BEING guilty at all.

There was no evidence produced because there was none to be had - not of CASEY'S guilty, at any rate. Have you ever worked an investigation of this nature? If there was enough evidence for it to even be brought to trial, then that evidence would most certainly have been produced during the course of that trial. It was not.

What is CLEAR is that there were certain people banking on being able to steamroll the proceedings with BS, and that just didn't happen for them.

Bummer, huh? Better luck next time.

5 will get you twenty that the NEXT time Ms. Anthony goes to trial for a killing, it'll be one she actually does.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Im not mad at all. But its surprising some one can be so lucky to get away with murder their own kid. Oh well thats America for you

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I really ain't been following this case that closely, but well, by what I know, the only thing that was proven in the courtroom is what isn't true!!

I kind of think that the whole family should be hospitalized till they can prove their sanity and well....
hate to say it, but I don't think we will ever find out what reallly happened to the poor child...
it seems that both the defense and the prosecution was working mainly to cloud the truth, not reveal it.
I don't think mom did kill her....
I think mom is a little mentally unstable though....

Exactly!

It behooves one to ask the question of WHY everyone was working mainly to cloud the truth. There is a behind the scenes back story to be had there, and I think it WILL eventually come out.

Much to the detriment of the guilty parties.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

George is an ex-cop. IF there had been any evidence of Casey's guilt, HE would have supplied it to the prosecution, wrapped in a bow. Unfortunately, being an ex-cop sometimes gives one a special insight into how to HIDE the evidence as well.

Given that he tried to throw his own daughter under the bus, I can't make myself believe he was hiding evidence to shield HER. That just doesn't add up. Why try to hide evidence of a crime, and THEN try to throw the guilty party to the wolves sans evidence that you previously hid?

It makes no sense at all seen from that perspective.

It naturally follows then to ask one's self the question of just WHO he was REALLY trying to protect...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth

I watched most of this trial and to be honest, I went in hating this girl and hoping they would throw the book at her. Do you know whats wrong with thinking like that? It doesnt provide proper justice because its fueled only on emotion.

Someone killed that child. Was it an accident or intentional? We dont know. The fact is, the prosecution wanted this case on national television and that is the only reason they pushed for the death penalty. These people wanted to make a name for themselves and advance their careers instead of bringing justice to an innocent child.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and in this case, there simply wasnt enough to prove Casy had anything to do with it. Infact, there was absolutely nothing that even linked her to any of it. Just because the woman was a party girl doesnt mean she murdered her child.

Do you want my personal oppinion? The father probably played a major role in this in some way. More things connect him to that child than Casey.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...she is not guilty of murdering her daughter... well, how about that...

...i know the outcome goes against the grain of those who instantly judged her guilty and wanted to tear her limb from limb (as if their own need for violence is better than what they accuse her of) but, o'well, thats how it goes around here...

That's exactly what I mean when I say that the court of public opinion has convicted her already, with NO evidence, based solely on emotion rather than logic.

...i still suspect the grandparents... maybe casey's story of her father molesting/raping her is true and her mother is a typical "stand by your man" witch and thats why casey is such a psychopathic spaz... maybe grandpa got a little rough when torturing his granddaughter and grandma helped him cover it up... he's an ex-cop, so he certainly knows how to get around crap...

Precisely. I've had to deal with some of the victims of that sort of abuse. Typically, they grow up pretty screwed up, just as Ms. Anthony is demonstrating. People can't comprehend her reactions, what she does react to and what she doesn't, because they've never walked in those shoes. They simply cannot understand her, and convict in their own minds based on their OWN reactions, rather than trying to figure out what makes her tick like that.

Out of 3 women I've been involved with who were subjected to that sort of torture as children, two of them were screwed up by holding a dichotomy in their minds of loving their dads, but abhoring his actions. I really can't even begin to understand that sort of thought process myself, but having observed it, I have to accept that it exists. The third one hated her dad, and would have nothing to do with him any more than she had to, for her entire adult life, but never, ever turned him in or extracted revenge. I can't quite grasp THAT mindset, either, but there it was.

In ALL cases, the "dad" was married to and extremely submissive woman, one who could be molded and made to do anything he wanted. Maybe it was his own domineering, maybe those types of guys just naturally attract submissive women. I don't know the answer to that, but I've observed it to be the case.

...bottom line is - circumstantial evidence wasnt enough to convict and thats the way it should be...

Star for you!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

No one said she didn't do it. She was found not guilty because the State didn't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, beyond any other possibility. They did their job. I am surprised that so many people, including TV hosts, are angry. Casey may very well have committed this crime, but it was not proven. The jury did their job and they are being persecuted for it!

I would not have found her guilty either. There was no proof of murder, manslaughter, or child abuse. There was circumstantial evidence, but there also was the possibility that mom and dad were also involved. The whole family is dysfunctional. I have always been suspicious there were more people involved in this crime. I think mom perjured herself on the stand regarding the computer searches. Why? And what about the female witness who claimed she had an affair with dad? Was she lying? She sounded pretty credible to me. Anyway, it is what it is, "not guilty".

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

There's nothing as yet to indicate whether the death was accidental or intentional, but if it was accidental, I'm inclined to think it was an "accident" that occurred during the commission of another crime, which got out of hand.

If it were a pure "accident", such as the accidental drowning that was claimed, there is NO reason that it would have been covered up. Unfortunately, drownings happen every day, and they go on to be reported and dealt with properly.

The fact that it was covered up indicates to me that it occurred during the commission of another crime, one which the perpetrator would seek to cover up at all costs.

There's no other explanation for trying to hide the death.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Hey there Gogo,
recognize you from the other thread about psychopaths. I am delighted to see you post this. I have thought since I started watching from opening statements (I did NOT follow the media coverage at all - wasn't even aware of who she was).

I think justice was done for Casey. I believe George probably knows what happened, and I'm CERTAIN he should be convicted of perjury, if not charged for the crime himself (his behavior was contrary to ANY concerned parent/grandparent's predictable response). And even if the prosecution had actual evidence, just his behavior alone - his absolute belligerence on the stand v Baez - REEKS of guilt.

And how do they just get up and walk out after the verdict? What??!! My daughter's life has just been spared from further ruin or extermination, and we're just going to walk out of here. WHAT??!!

The media, and Nancy Grace(less) in particular should ALL be sued for defamation, and lose their jobs. It's disgusting how this young woman was raked over the coals and publicly assassinated before her trial even began. Talk about the devil dancing -- Ms (dis)Grace is the one headed for a lengthy spell in the netherworld of unpleasant karma.

Sickening. And we wonder how public stonings still take place in the Middle East.
Whatever, people.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thats the msm for you.all the real serious crap going on in the world and they chose to fill the time with this crap.Who gives a crap? How many crimes,missing children,murdered children,have ther been that have not been shown on the news?How many crimes might have actually been helped by just a little air time while this crap hogged the air.What gives???

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join