It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony Guilty of... lying... watching live The trial

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Oh how this reminds me of the OJ trial BS. When will it all be over? Who cares?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

In ALL cases, the "dad" was married to and extremely submissive woman, one who could be molded and made to do anything he wanted. Maybe it was his own domineering, maybe those types of guys just naturally attract submissive women. I don't know the answer to that, but I've observed it to be the case.

I don't know, but from watching this family for the past couple of years in the media, it seemed the opposite to me. I always thought the mother seemed to be the domineering one. Just my take.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Oh how this reminds me of the OJ trial BS. When will it all be over? Who cares?

OJ doesnt really matter. Hes a complete moron and hes back where he should be... because hes a complete moron.

This however does teach people the law even if its being force fed to them through constant coverage. Anything that educates the sheep is a good thing imo.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
Also, she was probably safer in jail than on the streets, I bet you any amount of money someone will finish the job for the pathetic justice system.

I'd bodyguard her against such outrages gratis - just meals and a place to nap, and I'm very, very good at that sort of thing, assuming the principle can take direction effectively when the heat is on.

When I believe strongly enough in a cause, I put my money where my mouth is, and my ass soon follows. Vigilatism is one thing, but "execution" for crimes never proven to have been committed is MURDER, especially against one who has already been declared "not guilty" by a jury of peers.

I'll take Mossberg for 500, Alex!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

cop dad, or cop granddad, like I said, ain't followed the story that closely, well, if he had anything to do with the death, or another member of the family, well....casey might have kept her mouth shut simply because cop dad was there reminding her that hey, I'm a cop, if I tell them you did it, who do ya think they will believe!! now go, party, play your role!! your daughter is at the sitters....
or she might have actually been told that her daughter was at a sitters, and not to worry about her, who knows.
but, if she was innocent, and had found herself in some weird position like this, well, it would probably have pushed her over the edge, and once over the edge, most of the time, behavior doesn't make any sense...

or casey might have left the kid with her drug dealer, till she could come up with the money for the drugs he sold her, then, well, just couldn't come up with the money, and the child was eventually killed....

there are so many things that could have happened.....
outside of she murdered the child in cold blood....
if you want true justice, then the questions need to be answered, the evidence found, and well, then there might be a conviction. to mob rule someone guilty based on the stories presented on tv isn't justice....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Neopan100

Oh.
I just gagged after reading what this is about.

I haven't read one article on it or watched any news on it.
Now i feel dirty.
edit on 5-7-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

you and myself along with 6.5+ billion other people on this planet have no idea who this guy is, what's the main attraction, so myself and the other 6.5+ billion people on earth continue with their lives as its business as usual.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

In ALL cases, the "dad" was married to and extremely submissive woman, one who could be molded and made to do anything he wanted. Maybe it was his own domineering, maybe those types of guys just naturally attract submissive women. I don't know the answer to that, but I've observed it to be the case.

I don't know, but from watching this family for the past couple of years in the media, it seemed the opposite to me. I always thought the mother seemed to be the domineering one. Just my take.

A "front" most likely.

Ask yourself WHY she waited 30 days or so to report a "dead body smell", and what prompted her to do that to begin with. I assure you, dead bodies smell horrendous, and a dead human doesn't smell quite like any other animal I've ever smelled, other than possibly a pig. Those two are fairly close after 3 or 4 days in the sun. How then, did she know it was a dead HUMAN smell? Who told her... or has she been privy to the smell of human death somewhere before?

Would you, or any one you know, wait any length of time to report a "dead body smell", KNOWING your grand daughter was "missing"?

Nope, that 911 call sounded scripted and prompted to me. Initially, I thought she might have been in on the killing, and was trying to cover her own tracks, but when the accusations (still unproven, of course) against George started flying, it all fell into place for me.

later on, her testimony "supporting" Casey regarding the "chloroform searches" may have been her attempts to wiggle out of what she thought was the coming results of her complicity in the initial cover up, and the sudden realization that her daughter might DIE, knowing she wasn't guilty of the crime for which she was accused. A case of conscience, if you will.

BTW, the whole "chloroform" debacle was irrelevant, as far as I could tell. Evidence of a SEARCH was presented, but no evidence of ACQUISTION, MANUFACTURE, or USE. Without those, mere curiosity is of no consequence. I have done searches on "UFOs", but I assure you I don't have one stashed in my garage, nor have I ever used one.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have only a couple of other comments to add to this thread, and then I'm gone from it, because it makes me sick to see people condemning this young woman.

First of all, her parents did not have "money" - the "money" for bail was put up by a bounty hunter and former law-type (Pinetta?), who later insisted Casey was lying. She herself is indigent, so the "money buys justice" argument is patently absurd.

Second of all, the parents George and Cindy are clearly very unreliable and unstable people. Lee was smart to stay away. No former detective would discover his daughter's car, find it smelly, and not call police. That's BS. This family is completely dysfunctional.

A lot of you commenting (as of page 8) seem to not have paid attention. I watched the trail on non-commerical cable online, no ads, no editorial, no hallway or outdoor stuff - I saw the arguments and listened to the evidence presented. I saw how George refused to cooperate with the defense, and how he sat in the courtroom tapping at his permanent frown when he wasn't huffing breaths of exasperation. That guy is a liar, and gives me the skin-crawls big time. If he told Casey "now, act like nothing's wrong, or else", what would you expect her to do? She's been covering for her dad all her life. Of COURSE she's going to behave like nothing's wrong. And his FAKE TEARS on that last day on the stand? Spare me. As for her glaring at them, would you sit there and smile while your parents were up there crucifying you? She was PISSED, and had every right to be.

And for those of you who say she showed no emotion at all except for smiling - wrong again. She cried several times, she actually became ill after the remains were brought up as evidence and the day was cut short because of it!

I am delighted that the jury did the right thing. Casey's life is already damaged beyond repair, and the only justice SHE will ever have is for George to admit his heinous crimes, and for Nancy Grace to be swallowed into a bottomeless pit of shame and evil along with her HLN "team". Sickening.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by nenothtu

cop dad, or cop granddad, like I said, ain't followed the story that closely, well, if he had anything to do with the death, or another member of the family, well....casey might have kept her mouth shut simply because cop dad was there reminding her that hey, I'm a cop, if I tell them you did it, who do ya think they will believe!! now go, party, play your role!! your daughter is at the sitters....

Fear is a powerful motivator to those raised to be victims. That's something else to take into consideration in tha scenario. Generally, those victimized as children have a variety of fear directed to their victimizers for the rest of their lives. I've seen it in action, and can't say that I appreciated the sight much.

"Partying" and sexual misconduct (in cases of childhood sexual abuse) are ALSO present overwhelmingly in those raised as victims. I was told (by a former victim) that it's an effort to "escape" from a reality that they can never quite get away from. It comes back to haunt them at the damndest times.

or she might have actually been told that her daughter was at a sitters, and not to worry about her, who knows.

No, the "sitter" story was too specific, and Casey claimed that the child was taken from HER by the "sitter". It was manufactured, and it was a lie. Have to wonder WHO manufactured it, though, since as has been previously observed in this thread, Casey was certainly no Criminal Mastermind.

but, if she was innocent, and had found herself in some weird position like this, well, it would probably have pushed her over the edge, and once over the edge, most of the time, behavior doesn't make any sense...

Agreed, and there are potential aggravating factors to those behavioral malfunctions.

or casey might have left the kid with her drug dealer, till she could come up with the money for the drugs he sold her, then, well, just couldn't come up with the money, and the child was eventually killed....

Drug dealers are professional killers, or have professionals on the payroll. Had that been the case, it's likely the body would never have been found - not in Florida, with ocean all around - and certainly not right next door to the house. I believe that body was dropped there for fear of transporting it too far from the scene of the crime, and the potential for being discovered that would have accompanied every mile of that trip. I also believe that, given the proximity of the body dump site, the claim that there was a "dead body smell" in a car trunk makes no sense at all. Why store it there, rather than dumping it right away? The risk of discovery would go up exponentially with every day beyond the second day (at most, in that heat) after the killing.

there are so many things that could have happened.....
outside of she murdered the child in cold blood....
if you want true justice, then the questions need to be answered, the evidence found, and well, then there might be a conviction. to mob rule someone guilty based on the stories presented on tv isn't justice....

Agreed, wholeheartedly. It's very dismaying to see all the folks still calling for Casey's blood in spite of an acquittal by a jury of peers, based solely on what the talking heads on MSM news have spun it up into, out of what was nothing more than a flight of fantasy on the part of the prosecution to begin with.

edit on 2011/7/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I'm absolutely disgusted by many of the comments in this thread and the other Casey Anthony threads that proclaim her to be guilty (with some almost dripping with desire to see her get the Death Penalty). Were you there? Did you see the evidence with your very own eyes and sit through the court proceedings day after day for the entire duration? I think not - yet you sit back in your basements judging based on what you've seen in the media.

Whatever happened to Innocent until proven Guilty? I thought that was the cornerstone of your justice system, something you crap on year after year about having fought so hard to achieve. Yet suddenly, because you saw it on TV, you pronounce her guilty and start imagining her lying on the death table with a needle in her arm? Would you be the same people who revel when someone gets the death penalty?

Absolutely disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Bloody hypocrites.

If you only knew how much it pains me to have to agree with you!

Many of these folks calling for blood now are the same ones who think "meat is murder", who decry war in all it's forms as "inhuman", and who think that the ancient Roman Coliseum games were barbaric.

Yet NOW, they call for blood, giving as big a "thumbs down" as any Coliseum spectator in the glory of Rome!

Go figure.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
reply to post by Kryties

Who gives a crap? I don't. I couldn't care less if she is guilty or not, she doesn't deserve life, simply because she was joyful and partying, in my opinion. Like i said i don't care its my opinion, and that's the only one that matters.

Who are YOU to decide "worthiness" for life or death? ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that guilt doesn't even factor into your decision making process?

I hope to meet you in the field some day. You'd be an easy victory, probably not even worth the small expenditure of effort. You let emotion overrule reason far too easily - especially in your judgement of others, and your thorough failure to understand that different humans have different quirks. That means you can be led around by the nose, by any one, as long as they give you a good story.

You don't appear to "think" at all, you only "feel", and are a danger only to others who are incapable of thinking.

The rest of us can sleep securely at night.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Starwise
My intuition tells me she is guilty...

The Law: Innocent until proven guilty....period....

Jury: Reasonable doubt.........obviously there was not enough evidence

NOW WAIT: We will be watching her closely the next time she is pregnant and has a baby!!!!!

Let's say a few years down the line ....it is found out without a doubt she did kill her daughter....there is not one thing the law can do about it...(double jeopardy).

They could reopen the case based on new evidence (and let's face facts - ANY evidence would necessarily be NEW evidence!) but I don't think there's any danger of that at all re: Ms. Anthony.

Now, a couple of other folks? That's a different matter altogether!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
So many people were watching and its a very emotional happening. I dont think she is safe. Someone will take justice into their own hands here.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by pacofunk64

well I think ill link to your post for this

watch the judges face...

you mean that giant blur of pixels? Gee.. great link

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Don't you people have anything else to worry about? Children get killed everyday, yet I don't hear you guys bitching about them... Some people will never be content....

I love how everyone casts judgment towards her, though they know nothing of the event except what we were told via news....the same news that most of you hate. Hypocrites.
edit on 6-7-2011 by abaraikenshi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
So many people were watching and its a very emotional happening. I dont think she is safe. Someone will take justice into their own hands here.

That's NOT "justice", by ANY stretch of the imagination. It's vigilantism, and assault at best, murder at worst. My previous offer stands. I'm packed and ready to go, 24/7.

I'll drop a vigilante in less than 3 seconds, and then go back to eating my breakfast, just as unconcerned as you please. Call me a "sociopath" if you like, but wrong doesn't EVER equate to right in my mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Heck no her head didn't explode, Her network just solidified at LEAST a years worth of airtime discussion out of that!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by abaraikenshi
Don't you people have anything else to worry about? Children get killed everyday, yet I don't hear you guys bitching about them...

Exactly. And yet, people aren't aware that they are being manipulated by the media. We can look at the facts of this situation and see just how hostile and infuriated people are - JUST because they sat in front of the TV and listened to the media and bought everything that streamed into their brains.

Children die and are murdered ALL THE TIME. Yet this one upsets people as if Caylee was their very own child! Because the media told them to be outraged... Using its subtle yet effective methods, the media convinced MANY that Casey was guilty of her daughter's murder, when there was no proof of it... VERY powerful! Yet people aren't seeing it...

The jury HAD no media! Just think about that. They didn't have the same input we had and they acquitted Casey, based on FACTS, not media. The public, however, with the constant hypnotizing of the media, have her judged and executed for a murder they are certain she committed.

Media - 1
Public - 0

I thought people at ATS were more aware (and therefore watchful) of media manipulation. But post after post reflects the anger and outrage that is a classic symptom of accepting the media sensationalism as reality. :shk:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

She's guilty. You know she's guilty too and you probably watched the trail and said she was guilty yourself. But hey like it or not "justice" was served.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Let me end my participation with the following:

I still emphatically believe an Anthony killed the child.
Justice was served and the Jurors were correct.
A guilty murder charge, while justifiable, would not have been correctly served.
More than one person is responsible for this, and the truth over which did it was not going to be found.
That family is certifiably insane.
All of the hate and anger generated by this, while some of it may be legitimate, the goal of this was to achieve such vitriol, that the actions from those angered and demanding a guilty verdict(s) of higher degree, if achieved, would spell certain doom for the future of their rights and the legal process in the Unites States of America.

Now put a picture of Nancy Grace into your head and it should seem clearer.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join