It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15-Year-Old Girl Faces Life in Prison for a Miscarriage?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

so women of child bearing age shouldn't work as printers, since she might become pregnant and the chemicals might harm the child???
she shouldn't walk down a busy street, because the pollution might harm the baby...
she shouldn't eat most of the food in the stores, because it might harm the baby....
she shouldn't do her laundry, because the detergents and softeners contain chemicals that might harm her baby????

edit on 5-7-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
that is my point!!! shall we prosecute pregnant printers who are working to put food on the family tables because the chemicals they have to work for harm their babies???

Yes... if anyone but Mom knowingly exposed a baby to chemicals and harmed it the Mom would want them punished or the right to sue the crap out of them correct? Why should the Mom be held to a different standard than she expects from others?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Misterlondon

read the op, there is no evidence that this girl was using drugs while she was pregnant!!!

ive said many times.. im not talking specificaly about the girl in the op.. im talking more generally as a moral issue..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

so women of child bearing age shouldn't work as printers, since she might become pregnant and the chemicals might harm the child???

It's not my place to tell you what you should or shouldn't do.

Just remember - your body, your choice, your responsibility.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

umm...ya, I've done alot of research into the chemicals I work with.....
the risk IS THERE!!!

and well, flying, with the scanners?????
do some research into the food that are on the grocery shelves, the crap that is put into everything...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

the risk IS THERE!!!

So you look for a different job or risk harming your unborn (if you end up pregnant).

Your choice, your responsibility.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

the risk IS THERE!!!

and well, flying, with the scanners?????
do some research into the food that are on the grocery shelves, the crap that is put into everything...

so if you are pregnant you should change your job simple as that... and i know what crap is in the food, thats why i try to avoid eating it.. and dont get scanned, get a pat down or even better dont fly at all..

but as i said, we need to work and eat... we dont need to take drugs..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yes, my decisions, my responsibility...
should I stay home and protect my unborn baby from the polluted world...that is unhealthy for it, THAT WE ALL CREATED FOR THAT BABY TO LIVE IN.... or should I walk to the store and buy some groceries, so that the other kids, not to mention me, should eat???
my decision, my responsibility, I will chose the food, obviously, and I do not expect to be hassled, accused of drug use, or anything else, if crap happens later on and I lose the baby!!! if you don't like the decision, well, ask yourself why the hubby isn't walking to the store, ask yourself why hubby or partner isn't keeping better tabs on the mother to make sure she isn't using drugs!! it took two to make the child, and he shares the responsibility!!
and yes, if I had to, I would risk the unborn to bring home the money to feed the others!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

so, you don't mind me sueing you if I see ya driving down the highway behind my house???

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

should I stay home and protect my unborn baby from the polluted world...that is unhealthy for it, THAT WE ALL CREATED FOR THAT BABY TO LIVE IN.... or should I walk to the store and buy some groceries, so that the other kids, not to mention me, should eat???

Up to you. Personally we live out in the middle of nowhere with very little pollution and grow a lot of our own food. If you want to live in a city and breath polluted air and give your family processed crap to eat... so be it I guess.

my decision, my responsibility, I will chose the food, obviously, and I do not expect to be hassled, accused of drug use, or anything else, if crap happens later on and I lose the baby!!! if you don't like the decision, well, ask yourself why the hubby isn't walking to the store, ask yourself why hubby or partner isn't keeping better tabs on the mother to make sure she isn't using drugs!! it took two to make the child, and he shares the responsibility!!
and yes, if I had to, I would risk the unborn to bring home the money to feed the others!!!

Oh brother. I love it, even when Mom is smoking crack it's Dad's fault for not "keeping better tabs on her."

And only the unilateral choice of a woman can create a child...

edit on 5-7-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

so, you don't mind me sueing you if I see ya driving down the highway behind my house???

It isn't my fault you live next to a highway.

Once again that is like getting pregnant, hanging out in smoky bars... and blaming the people smoking not yourself!

edit on 5-7-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

well, gee, dear, ya see, I can't drive that far without a nasty pain developing in my foot, as it is, it takes me about ten to fifteen minute to get to my job and that pain is there halfway through the drive....
your option is not possible for eveyone!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Seriously? Can you not see there is a clear difference in a mother smoking crack or heroin and all the things you have mentioned?
Because we are just going around in circles here and if you can't see that then there is really no point In replying to you..

So please answer this question..

Is it wrong for a pregnant mother to smoke crack or take heroin?

That's it please just answer that and don't try and divert it..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

yes, it is wrong for a pregnant women to use crack while pregnant, is it wrong for her to even if she isn't???
she isn't being charged with the crime of "doing coke while pregnant", she is being charges with "depraved-heart murder"
which is basically an action that demonstrates callous disregard for human life that results in death!!

God only knows what might fall into that category, but well, smoking or allowing yourself, or who knows, maybe even you don't even realize it, to be within the range of cigarette smoke, might fall under it!! along with a whole lot of stuff.....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

hubby had a say as to weather or not we had our three children.....
now days, got to tell ya, if I could have kids, I wouldn't trust the birth control, I wouldn't trust the current atmosphere when it comes to women, pregnancy, abortion and all that...
my hubby would not have a choice, there would be no children, since there would be no sex!!!
danged if I 'd risk getting zapped with a murder charge if something went wrong and I miscarried!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For people that are always talking about "big government" it is pretty hilarious and scary how many of you support legislation on people's bodies.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You talk about liberty and freedoms.. What about the liberty and freedoms of the unborn child she was carrying? What about the liberty and freedom of the millions of children born every year with birth defects and disabilities because of negligence of the parents...
Don't these innocent lives deserve a chance? Just because it is the womans body, that gives her no right to kill or damage the life she is carrying!!
People get so hung up on goverment conspiracies they lose sight of real life issues.. Not everything they do is evil and sometimes there are valid reasons for their actions.

I stand by my original statement, some of these mothers should be prosecuted , if one irresponsible parent being made an example of can frighten others saving lives of innocents in the process then I say go for it... Hell... I'd even volunteer for the dreaded jury service...

Presumably men as well now that it has been shown that stress modifies the genes and can affect children up to 2 generations. So any men who father children and at any time in the preceding years have exposed themselves to stress through work, drink, drugs etc etc should all be charged. Pretty much the majority of the population......unless you are only interested in attacking women.....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

hubby had a say as to weather or not we had our three children.....

No he didn't it was your unilateral choice.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
For people that are always talking about "big government" it is pretty hilarious and scary how many of you support legislation on people's bodies.

So when a woman gives birth to a baby addicted to crack it was just her body that was effected huh?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
She was 36 WEEKS! There is no such thing as a miscarriage that late in pregnancy! It that stage it is called a still birth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join