It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bog of Eternal Vlogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A growing trend of today's cyber-culture has become more and more prevalent online. Everyone from Lady gaga to Peter Schiff has had a hand at it, and no matter what you think about the activity- Vlogging is here to stay.

Since BTS doesn't have a "Vlog-forum" this thread is intended to be place to share your vlogs! If you got a vlog post it up for everyone to see (if you feel comfortable doing so). Or if you don't have a vlog- why not make one to post here?

So what is vlogging? Well, its just like blogging without having to type. You just hook up a camera and start rambling on about some topic you find interesting or pressing and once you are done you upload it online and hope someone gives a damn about it.

Now as silly as this may sound to anyone, I personally believe these vlogs are amazing, even when they suck or seem worthlessly trivial. For the first time in human history the living experiences of the world's citizens has become a searchable thing, documented and presented at the touch of a mouse button. Its crazy really! Imagin how awesome it would be if you could go back in time and watch the people of any era before our own just talking and sharing their select views. Such a thing was impossible just a handful of years ago...but now it has become as popular, and as normal, as picking one's nose.

We can now spectate, from the comfort of our desk chairs, the everyday people of our world. Its like looking into the windows of countless individual's homes and being able to see them in their own habitat. Like a giant virtual human zoo!

So go ahead! Post a vlog you made and share it with the BTS community if you dare! Who knows, you may get some subscribers or even a couple stars! Or if you don't have one yet, maybe this thread will inspire you to go out and start vlogging today. Its therapeutic and fun!

With that said- here is the very first vlog I ever created.

WARNING: The vlog contains some disturbing images and some vulgar words. If you have a problem with deformed feet or cussing, I'd stay far far away from my vlogs since they contain both.

If you enjoyed that (then you need help), you can also check out my second vlog detailing the death of Osama Bin laden posted on ATS
HERE

I look forward to seeing if anyone posts some vlogs here in The Bog of Eternal Vlogs or if this thread even gets anywhere.

Good day vloggers!

MM

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
LMAO fricken awesome!!!!!!!!!

Dont have a webcam but will try with my cam tomoz and see how I go.

Any ideas for a topic for my first Vlog?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
LMAO fricken awesome!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas for a topic for my first Vlog?

Thanks!

And heck yeah I do! Here's a few options for your first vlog in no particular order.

1) Just an introduction saying hi to everyone in vlog land.
2) A speech on world events as you see em.
3) A video telling people to leave Britney alone (but you gotta cry).
4) A telling of your life, the good, bad and ugly.
5) A vlog about loving Mr Mask!

If you are going to use a traditional camera view, be sure to google some lighting techniques (basically light your background and foreground separately) and be sure to speak clearly as you can while remaining natural. Or flip out in a dark room...that works to!

Good luck! Hope to see ya post your first vlog here soon! I'm excited.

MM

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If you are going to use a traditional camera view, be sure to google some lighting techniques (basically light your background and foreground separately) and be sure to speak clearly as you can while remaining natural. Or flip out in a dark room...that works to!

Dude at first it sounded like fun but that paragraph above makes it sound like work

Despite the effort involved Ill stick to my word and post my Vlog tomoz

P.s I make no promises concerning lighting or camera steadyness

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yeah, I thought lighting and camera work was too much as well...hence why I went for an low quality animation.

But I say don't worry about any of that and just have fun and make a vlog! See ya when its up.

MM

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Vlog? Is there an idiot's guide to v-logging?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

edit on 7/5/11 by Infernalis because: malformed ID?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

Bravo!

So yeah, nice vlog first off. I imagine someone who doesn't know you or me personally seeing this and saying "what the hell?" as you say things like "I was planning to call you". Makes me laugh a little.

I enjoyed seeing your face and hearing your voice. Both are uniquely "only you".

You mentioned the Holographic Universe (as you have been doing for years), and I will admit to thinking a lot on the concept recently as well. The Singularity, the evolution of computer-man, the turning of reality as a whole. And as I have been doing so, more and more "coincidences" have been belting me across the mind.

For instance, three nights ago I was trapped in a nightmare where everything was falling apart and made no sense. An earth quake (I think it was an EQ) that lasted days had recently wrecked the entire world and my girlfriend died in it along with my family, and in the dream I was losing it... completely losing it.

I went to run outside and start searching the rubble and as I opened the door a hand grabbed me and told me to stop. I turned and it was you wearing a white shirt with blue pinstripes and a buttoned collar. I was confused how you got there and was about to talk to you- but I woke up.

It was weird to see you make an appearance in my dream since I can't recall you doing so anytime recently, and when I woke up I thought about you and wondered how you were fairing and why my mind decided to build your image in my dream.

And here you are on my screen appearing again.

When I clicked the vlog you made, I had no idea it was you (online names blur and are forgotten too easily), and when I saw you start smoking I just burst out with a laugh (you know the maniacal one).

So thank you.

All love brother.

PS- You can call whenever you please, I'll answer if I am here or awake.

MM

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliomaniac
Vlog? Is there an idiot's guide to v-logging?

There are countless vlogs out there that tell you how to vlog. I found most of them to be a bit silly or "no-duh-ish", but some of them offered helpful information on lighting, editing, technology (mics and cams).

I say screw all those and just jump in without the help of guides or rules. I personally think any art form (yes I think vlogs are art) is best when its unguided by strangling laws and issued guidelines.

But if you insist on advice or instructions, just goggle "how to make a vlog" or "how to vlog", and you will find hundreds of vlogs dedicated to learning to vlog.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Haha, yeah I thought of that as well regarding the personal aspects of the video. After I posted it here I realized I should of just left it as a response vid, but whatever. In that respect I'll keep it brief and here and talk later. It's great to see your unique brand of humor on displayed in your vlog, absolutely hilarious! I have to laugh at the absurdity of the world around us, if only to maintain my sanity. I heard about the recent Bin Ladin ordeal via a cab driver and immediately laughed hysterically, it's funny enough on it's own but the way you spun it was great!

Sounds like an intense dream, I've had a couple similar dreams lately, as far as panic and terror manifesting through chaos and earthquakes. I haven't really had allot of nightmares in my life so it's odd, but it's been a couple weeks since the last one. There is definitely something to the idea that our thoughts influence reality, as well as psychic phenomenon. Besides haunting this website and others in an attempt to maintain some awareness, finding others with our mentality is a rare occurrence and leaves one feeling quite isolated, it's good to know your out there, but I think it's high time to compare notes and exchange ideas outside of this digital realm.

Much love and respect, talk soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I think I am savvy enough to record a simple vlog via webcam, it's the animation behind yours that gets a bit puzzling. Not everyone is brave enough to post raw footage as the gentleman above. Kudos and all to him, but a bit revealing...certainly couldn't match up to the sentimental, personal level either. Suppose google will help me figure out how to collaborate my scretchy voice with video behind it. Nonetheless thanks for the advice.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bibliomaniac

Video capture is easy and if you need help locating free programs to do such just send me a private message and I'll do my best to help.

As for the basic animation- the way I achieved this here was basically simple but time consuming. If you want to know how to achieve such an effect, again, contact me and I'll try to help.

As for the guy above who put up his revealing video, that man is a great friend of mine and brave enough to make a fool or hero out of himself as the case calls for at the moment. I understand if you wish to remain more anonymous in any vlog you may make.

Any technical answers I can give to the craft of vlogging (not many I'm sure) I'm willing to share.

MM
edit on 5-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I'm not tech-illiterate by any means, but certainly can use some help on broadening my horizons. And like I said, I give your friend a lot of respect for such raw footage here, actually a lot more meaningful that way...just not sure I'm ready for the big leagues. If you can help with video/animation behind the vocals, that would be wonderful. Thanks.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Bibliomaniac because: spelling error.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Message me and I will respond, and give you my AIM name as well, if you have that. I have vocal recordings, that I would like to incorporate with visual graphics.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Don't wanna help? It's okay if you don't wanna.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bibliomaniac
Don't wanna help? It's okay if you don't wanna.

I am down with helping as stated.

I don't use AIM or any social networking site other than youtube and ATS. I tried twitter and facebook but it gave me the creeps very fast.

MM

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I am not familiar with twitter...but facebook can actually be beneficial to interact with old family members. Aint as bad as one may think.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Haha, thanks for that, and the message. For the moment I can't respond there for lack of a few posts, so here you have it. I'm not sure if it's bravery, stupidity, or something else entirely, but I've always thought that personal video is under used on the inter webs in general. People can be anything behind words on a screen, they can craft their letters to project whatever, but there is so much more to communication, and we all have these little electronic eyes so readily available. Reality provided vulnerability long before the interwebs, it shouldn't be about looks either. Anyway...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You could use one of those automated animation sites like xtranormal.

Here is a favorite of mine.

edit on 7/7/11 by Infernalis because: malformation

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Site seems easy enough to navigate. And that video was absolutely priceless! Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join