It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Can You PLEASE Help Me!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Good Afternoon first of all.

I have been contemplating on whether to make a thread about this for more than a few months now, but as i keep googling my mystery more and more people are seeing the same thing.

On 27th Feb 2011, at approximately 2:00am in Leeds, England, UK. I was driving home from my girlfriend Ellies house (5minute drive max) and as i slowly approached the speed camera on my left i look out of my driver side window above the houses on my right, and to my astonishment I saw, what looked like a standard passenger airliner (for example - 2.bp.blogspot.com...) but what took my attention instantly was that it appeared to be just stuck there in the sky, as if it were hovering. And also the fact that absolutely zero noise, excluding the sounds of my car engine could be heard - and you all know how loud your standard commercial airliner is, no matter what time it is. The only other out of ordinary appearance of this jet were its lights, there were four in total, 1 on each wing, 1 on the nose and 1 on the tail, however the tail and nose lights were flashing red -> white -> red -> white. Now bare in mind i saw this thing for maybe 15seconds in total (whilst driving). So after i saw it i carried on driving, for maybe 1-2mins then i parked up, looked up into the sky and there was nada, nothing, zilch.

So I got home, instantly i grabbed a pen and paper and started to draw exactly as i remembered. when i was finished, obviously, it looked like a standard commercial airliner. The morning after i still couldnt believe what i had seen hovering over the houses. Googled everything i could about hovering commercial jets and i found a few people that have been seeing similar objects:

www.atsdeck.com...:i-am-seeing-aircraft-frozen-in-mid-air&catid=39:ufos&Itemid=59

forum.prisonplanet.com...

cassiopaea.org...

I also found this question submitted to NASA with an answer attached: quest.nasa.gov...

Now I know what most of you may be thinking: No pics/vids means it didnt happen. Im not trying to prove i have seen something of ET origin, i would just like to know your opinions on what the hell it was.

If I had a camera at the ready this would be the closest thing i could have related it to: www.youtube.com...

AND no, it wasn't some form of optical illusion or mirage.

NEITHER was it a standard airliner that just looked like it wasn't flying.

ANY other opinions that may put my mind at rest are welcome

I think i have given you ever scrap of information that i remember, I am at work until 5pm, when i get home I will scan the sketch i made of what i saw and update my post.

Thanks in advance!!

edit on 02/06/2011 by fordizzl3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You might have already seen this in the first link you provided, but there is a thread here by "lemaster" from 2009 on this same subject. It might be worth a look see. have you ever seen a plane stand still...

My fiance and i just saw what appeared to be a commercial airliner hanging motionless at low altitude over the city. We pulled over into a parking lot to ensure it wasn't some sort of optical illusion.

Here's another from 2008. Phantom plane ghost or UFO?

We were travelling on the A444 in coventry uk and I noticed a plane in front of us to the left just hanging in the air ( i would estimate the plane to be 200ft from the ground due to the fact there was a building slightly behind it ). It was absolutely still and i couldnt believe my eyes, so i pointed this plane out to him ( my hubby ) and he also saw it too.

edit on 7/4/2011 by Apokalypsis because: add content

edit on 7/4/2011 by Apokalypsis because: subtraction

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
this happens all the time. i forget which direction you must be traveling for this optical illusion to happen but im going to guess parallel and opposite approach. i know this because my daily commute involve a major airport.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordizzl3
what took my attention instantly was that it appeared to be just stuck there in the sky, as if it were hovering.

Now bare in mind i saw this thing for maybe 15seconds in total (whilst driving). So after i saw it i carried on driving, for maybe 1-2mins then i parked up, looked up into the sky and there was nada, nothing, zilch.

Honestly, I cannot make any sense of this part. If I looked out a side window, and if I actually believed that there was a large airplane 'stuck' in the sky, I would stop right then. I would not drive a couple more minutes and then decide to stop.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apokalypsis

I would S&F you, but for some reason I still can't flag anything.

edit on 7/4/2011 by Apokalypsis because: add content

You have to get to 20 posts to flag threads. Same with authoring new ones.
edit on 4-7-2011 by xenthuin because: Fixed quote

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

what took my attention instantly was that it appeared to be just stuck there in the sky, as if it were hovering.

Now bare in mind i saw this thing for maybe 15seconds in total (whilst driving). So after i saw it i carried on driving, for maybe 1-2mins then i parked up, looked up into the sky and there was nada, nothing, zilch.

Honestly, I cannot make any sense of this part. If I looked out a side window, and if I actually believed that there was a large airplane 'stuck' in the sky, I would stop right then. I would not drive a couple more minutes and then decide to stop.

You can't just stop anywhere, there's a little something called the law. The OP may have been on a motorway or dual carriageway or something.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i have seen something similar with planes many times... i think this just an optical illusion...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Didn't that NASA guy answer your question? I've seen it too near airports and most of the time it's a big airliner. There are youtube clips that show 'hovering' planes, but they are just very big and move relatively slow. The NASA explanation was pretty convincing.

But then again, I could be wrong

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
You can't just stop anywhere, there's a little something called the law. The OP may have been on a motorway or dual carriageway or something.

Or something.......

You can make up details if it makes it easier for you to believe. I am just going off of the minor details that were provided, regarding the location.

• 2:00 A.M. (not exactly rush hour)
  • "driving home from my girlfriend Ellies house (5minute drive max)"
  • "slowly approached the speed camera"
  • "absolutely zero noise, excluding the sounds of my car engine"

To me, that just does not quite sound like a busy bumper to bumper traffic jam. As a matter fact, being such a short drive home, at 2 in the morning, with no other noise, leads me to the logical conclusion that there were no other vehicles nearby.

• posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ok on that burst of logic. If you see something huge and stationary hovering above you (with nobody else around) - you'd be less inclined to stop your vehicle.

Especially at 2am, when it's quiet and near silent.
    Just saying...

edit on 4-7-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2011 by mr-lizard because: awful spellung mistakes

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
    link   

Ok on that burst of logic. If you see something huge and stationary hovering above you (with nobody else around) - you'd be less inclined to stop your vehicle.

Especially at 2am, when it's quiet and near silent.
    Just saying...

Like I said, you can continue fabricating details if it makes it easier for you to believe. That is your choice.

I, on the other hand, am going off of the statements in the OP. One of which said this~> "out of my driver side window above the houses on my right." That is not the same as "hovering above you."

edit on 7/4/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

I'm not 'fabricating' anything, I'm speculating.

Which is allowed here. I'm sorry you already know 100% of the details and are completely and utterly telepathic, but unfortunately it's a Monday, and it's my down-time on my psychic abilities.

i was speculating that maybe the reason the OP didn't slow down or stop was maybe (you see the word MAYBE) he was on a motorway or dual carriage way.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:02 PM
    link   
    I'm sure i've heard whistleblowers saying that the TR-3B has the ability to cloak itself, hover and camoflage itself as a normal aircraft.

Its a bit out there i know but yet again, so are UFOs and they clearly exist.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
    link   
    everyone has cameras on their phones though these days ? or do you not own a camera phone??
    i also carry a cheapy argos digi-camera in my glovebox incase i see any freaky stuff in the sky ;-)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
    link   

I'm sorry you already know 100% of the details and are completely and utterly telepathic, but unfortunately it's a Monday, and it's my down-time on my psychic abilities.

Please show me the actual comment that I made, where I implied anything even remotely close to being telepathic, and to knowing 100% of the details.

You may have forgotten already, so I will remind you. My first post in this thread, simply said that this particular detail, did not make sense to me. It was entirely your decision, to reply back at me, in an attempt to prove me wrong, by using your own 'speculated details.'

I am just going off of the details that were provided, and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
    link   
    Its a fact that earths electromagnetic shield is weakening and in some places disappearing entirely. I believe the barriers between dimensions are thinning also. That time itself is changing. That more things are possible now because of the physical instability of our planet I hope this way of explaining it helps.I certainly dont relate to physics and its explanation of mass occupying identical space, atoms. neurons etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
    link   

dude think about what you just said, I was driving on 'otley road', this happens to be the main road through my town, it would have been hella dangerous to just stop!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
    link   

Or something.......

You can make up details if it makes it easier for you to believe. I am just going off of the minor details that were provided, regarding the location.

• 2:00 A.M. (not exactly rush hour)
  • "driving home from my girlfriend Ellies house (5minute drive max)"
  • "slowly approached the speed camera"
  • "absolutely zero noise, excluding the sounds of my car engine"

To me, that just does not quite sound like a busy bumper to bumper traffic jam. As a matter fact, being such a short drive home, at 2 in the morning, with no other noise, leads me to the logical conclusion that there were no other vehicles nearby.

• Dude how about you stop being such a prick, im not trying to prove to your ignorant self that i saw something, i would just like some opinions. oh and the details i wrote down are exactly how i remember them, what else can i say you crank, now # off and check a different thread! Oh and i dont know what its like where you live, but where i live you'd be pretty stupid to stop on a main road, regardless of the time.
    edit on 02/06/2011 by fordizzl3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
    link   

dude think about what you just said, I was driving on 'otley road', this happens to be the main road through my town,

#1. Don't call me 'dude.'
    #2. You did not previously state the name of the road. Regardless, that means nothing to me.

it would have been hella dangerous to just stop!

#3. I don't know that. What type of danger would you have been in, if you had stopped while you were by the speed camera, in an area with "absolutely zero noise," not far from your own home?

Dude how about you stop being such a prick,

#4. Stop calling me dude.

im not trying to prove to your ignorant self that i saw something,

#5. Ok. You got me. You saw a jumbo jet parked in the sky, and I am the one who is ignorant, because I am questioning it.

#6. It's called gravity. Look it up. It's interesting.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
    link   
    upload it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join