It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at the nuclear plant in France ..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Las Conchas continues to burn

"As the fire spreads across the region and continues to grow mainly toward the east which is on the northwest side of town, new numbers show it has swallowed more than 123,000 acres.

"Closer to Los Alamos crews are working on setting up a second containment line around the city."
"Bulldozers will clear brush and make sure if the winds change the fire will not make it to town. "

www.kasa.com...

Elderly Japanese volunteer for nuke cleanup

"Many senior citizens take up volunteer work after retirement. But in Japan, a new civic group has formed, with a particularly urgent and hazardous mission -- senior citizens offering to take the place of younger workers at the crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant."

"So through word-of-mouth and a website he recruited other seniors to join him. Right now they have 400 volunteers, though Masubuchi estimates they will need somewhere in the thousands over time."

"If the nuclear plant isn't brought under control, it could have all kinds of effects on young children," one grandmother volunteering with the corps said to CBS News. "I couldn't just sit back and do nothing."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
A few days ago a video of the explosion leaked and can be seen on disclose.tv:

Leaked Video

Video recently leaked, France Officials claim it was a transformer explosion which in turn ignited a fire. They also claim reactor unit 1 Was not in operation, By the look of the steam coming out of the stacks I am going to say that is a bold faced lie.

Can't tell you what to see in this video as I don't have Flash installed here at the moment. Will add this when back home but according to this text it wasn't just a transformer that exploded?

It's very interestig that there was nothing in the news here in Germany. I mean we're just a few hunded kilometers away so shouldn't we know about this? Media censorship is working just fine here in Europe - maybe even better than in China?
edit on 18-8-2011 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Interesting find......thanks for the update!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
power plants suddenly all over the world exploding, anyone else think its done intentionally to maybe have nuclear power banned for good?

I think it has always happened.Except now in light of the Fukushima incident it is being covered more openly.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

No one has turned a blind eye to the Japan crisus. We all knew on March 11, 2011 the area was finished. Nothing can be done, maybe burrying it in dirt. It is a horrible crisus. The Farmer should have left Japan and started life over elsewhere. The French guy should move to America and teach French at a University. His ranting gave me a headache, so I put him on mute and read the subtitles after a while.

The only energy for future use is wind, sun, or water power. Something free and clean and reuseable. Nuclear power is clearly about greed. It is stupid and dangerous. They should shut the reactors down one by one around the globe. Otherwise, we all know eventually there will be more accidents. Everything breaks... It is a fact. Japan needs to evacuate the dangerous areas or the entire island permanently. They made a horrible mistake and now they need to stop what they are doing, it was a very stupid idea.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join