It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO Alive and Well in Police State of INDIANA: Police Substation Inside Elementary School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When I read this headline, I had to read it twice. I would pull my child from this school immediately. How is it ever a good idea to put our children in harms way like this? Not only do our children have to be in the presence of some of uniformed officers, but the officers may draw criminals to them! I think this is a nasty way to indoctrinate our children to a police state/police presence anywhere they go. It is sad and pathetic when our own children cannot attend school free from the scary and intimidating presence of the police.

Police have NO BUSINESS inside schools!

source w/video

NEW ALBANY, IN (WDRB-TV) -- New Albany Police are beefing up patrols even more around the S. Ellen Jones Neighborhood.

The New Albany Police substation is located inside the S. Ellen Jones Elementary School and all roll calls will be held there from now on. Chief Todd Bailey says, "The focal point is to keep the police officers in this neighborhood as much as absolutely possible."

Bailey says crime is down 10% since February when the Problem Oriented Policing program launched. It's all from increased patrols in this neighborhood, made up of several rental properties. Now, more than 45 officers can work out of the new substation.

Bailey says, "Most of what we have had decreases in is burglary, thefts and vandalism cases." Captain Lee Miller says, "I've talked to neighbors who are thrilled to death to see police presence and it has helped quality of life issues in the neighborhood."

In the substation, officers can fill out reports, take a break, and take calls. But police interviewing will still be done at the main police department.

I cannot believe that people in the neighborhood would be so happy to have forty five officers working out of their child's school!

New Albany IND Police Website

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't see this as the problem you're trying to make it out to be. So what? It's not like they are taking the criminals to be booked inside the schools. Obviously the area has had many burglaries in the past and they're trying to crack down on that. Is that such a big problem?

It's also good that young children will get to see police officers, so they can get used to being around and seeing them, this way when they actually have run ins with the police when they get older, they won't feel as intimidated from them.

I'm not seeing the connection you're making with this having to do with the NWO, or a police state.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
get them used to their presence now and they wont even blink as the storm troopers march en masse down the streets of any city usa.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Exactly the point I was making when I said indoctrination to police presence.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Whats even more insane is that many people will think that it is this police presence that keeps them from being victims of crime. The worst part about being robbed, jumped, raped, attacked...is that it can happen ANYWHERE and if someone is determined enough...a million police patrolling the streets will not stop them. What it will do, however, is create a heightened sense of fear because people will think that the presence of these officers implies that there is a need for them. From there you have people giving up all sorts of rights for the illusion of safety. I have been stuck up before and I am still more afraid of the police than some random junky. at least the junky doesnt pretend to be anything other than it is. With the cops, they may help you...or they might not...depends on that particular cop's motivations.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is a great idea actually. It's been discussed here before and it's a great way for not only the kids to get to know cops and not be afraid of them but also for the cops of that area to get to know the kids and establish a relationship with them. This has many benefits.

I for one would go out of my way to put my kids in a school doing this. If one of these kids ever get's in trouble it's a lot easier for it to be handled if the officer and the kid already know each other. Plus the police are staying within the community instead of having to go to the station to fill out paperwork or whatever they do in regards to that.

I don't see how anyone could think that having police spending more time in the community is a bad thing. Maybe if some people here got to know cops a little better there wouldn't be so much hate towards them and you'd see that there are plenty of decent people in that line of work.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Somehow, this thread posted twice.
Please post in the original thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join