It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GLP is Getting Sold For $200,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
ATS is making a wise choice in not buying GLP. Leaving GLP as is draws the right kind of people to ATS. Meaning those that are looking for a civil place to discuss world issues. As an example, why would Ford buyout Yugo? Why would Ford want it's name associated with such junk?

Cheers everyone.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There's nothing about GodLikeProductions.com we'd want to buy.

Apparently "Trinity" (the apparent owner/operator) had a very stressful encounter with law enforcement, as a result of content on the site. I can empathize and understand the intensely emotional reaction that would cause.

Regardless of what happens to GLP, no one wishes such an event on anyone, and I hope things take a turn for the better for him.

Edit to add...

It seems eBay may have pulled the listing, which could have been predicted as the content on GLP may not meeting their guidelines.
edit on 30-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Do you have specifics? Would be interesting to know exactly what was being targeted? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

The apparent sequence of events is that at least two rather nasty threats to the US President were posted, allowed to linger, and commented on by members.

A member of GLP claims to have contacted the Secret Service about the posted threats.

A member of the Sate Police of another state (Alabama?) attempted to gain access to the owner's property.

GLP owner called local police.

While I don't doubt something intensely stressful may have happened, I'm not "sold" on the story. The Secret Service does not send out of state law enforcement to investigate threats against the President posted on websites... they're known to call the website owner directly, either through a publicly posted number, or via the site's ISP.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was today browsing the net reading conspiracy stuff and by chance landed on GLP. Turns out that this mod on GLP called Trinity is making statements the secret service is after him cause of some anti Obama statements or death threats.

Anyways suddenly this one guy calling himself "mr midnight" makes a topic calling Trinity out..

BUT THIS TIME IT WAS DIFFERENT.....

The guy makes a proposal to him asking if he can produce more evidence of his encounter with the SS other than some shady video of a car driving off. This trinity claimed he ran the plates and called with Arizona state (or some other BS don't remember the details...) anyways,

The proposal....
----------------------
If Trinity could produce more evidence this Mr Midnight would post evidence that NASA is hiding things from us by posing emails and a link (to nasa I guess) AND a file that would show that he wasn't making it up.
So here we have a guy claiming he knows something interesting and within seconds the threat was gone. Deleted. Now if I would be this trinity guy being overly paranoid (and probably knowing his rights) he would have more evidence of the SS showing up at his doorstep.

Now the question is,

*Why was the threat deleted within seconds while it was a very reasonable proposal in a well mannered tone without even calling this trinity a liar. (Which in my opinion reading his statements he is. The whole story is just an easy way to get conspiracy freaks on the boat I'd say.More traffic and so on...)

*Why would anyone make such precise statements regarding NASA willing to produce evidence of the statement. (in my opinion any REAL conspiracy freak would jump on it and even make fake evidence to get that NASA story on the site)

Now cause I didn't want to come empty handed here's the google link to the thread
www.google.com...:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=site:godlikeproductions.com+%22mr+ midnight%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&biw=1280&bih=810&cad=b&cad=cbv

So what do you guys think? And if you're out there Mr Midnight can WE get the story without being complete Jerks?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It really is for sale now:
flippa.com...

Some of the reported data seems a bit off.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hey I am going to delete my post because I do not want to cause any troubles to any parties involved!
edit on 4-7-2011 by X2012PORTAL because: Moral standard!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

However, no ethical business person wishes ill on another for business purposes.

I have hard time believing this because i have heard of posts/threads being removed for business/content reasons.
edit on 4-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
I have hard time believing this because i have heard of posts/threads being removed for business/content reasons.

You've "heard" of it?

Do you have some examples to share with the class?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
SO, its nice youd say that you wish him no ill will, but every business owner knows his business. He knew of these things and set his business model as anything goes....and pretended it was an expression of freedom of speech. He can not claim ignorance of it since he owns the content. If you want to run a message board and claim ownership of content... you own it in more ways than one. There is no way he didnt know this and ignorance is no excuse. He has been doing this for years... he knew what was going on and for his own reasons didnt handle it. He has prompted or allowed by inaction many unsavory things his members do... and has added to the nonsense by his own hysterics and agendas. **IF ** any part of his story is remotely true.. He is just being bitten in the ass by things he put in motion several yrs ago when he bought the board and decided to trash it to suit his own issues and play them out. He has employed incompetent mods and instructed them what to allow and what not to allow.. in my estimation, this makes him an active participant in illegal actions. He cant play innocent now.

If there are 2 things I can say that are FACT concerning Trinity as applied to this subject : #1 he would be drunk on gloating if you were being investigated for something that occurred here on ATS and #2 He is all for personal responsibility for ones actions as long as its never applied to himself. As far as Im concerned, the "official story" of what happened and his investigation is complete BS... not only does it not make sense, we all know he is an adroit liar and loves the hysterics for attention.

Besides, if he sold it through ebay he would get a SNAD filed on him for selling a gold plated turd.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

You've "heard" of it?

Do you have some examples to share with the class?

If they're removed how can you have an example?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
If they're removed how can you have an example?

If he's "heard" of such a thing, certainly he must also have some degree of specifics.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have some very specific information(The Entire Thread OP Copy/pasted into text file) about a particular thread that was removed 2-3 days ago and it bothered me it was 404'ed since it was just some guy claiming that he worked for Area 51 and knew aliens and fast ships and technology that was exotic.

But i'm still confused as to why is was removed even if it was sarcasm; that of which many threads, that are sarcastic stay open; without 404.

I could have atleast been satisfied if they'd threw it in skunk-works

P.S i have all specifics of the thread on a top secret file (Saved) But I'm aware the T and C says i'm not allowed to re-post it on ATS.

edit on 4-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
6500 a month from subscriptions and 8-10K more from ad revenue? Seriously? I need a huge discussion forum!
(but not GLP)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

it bothered me it was 404'ed since it was just some guy claiming that he worked for Area 51 and knew aliens and fast ships and technology that was exotic.

But i'm still confused as to why is was removed...

He was seeking to defraud ATS members with a fictional story.

When we saw the progression of the thread, one of our admin performed a Google search on his registration email address and discovered the thread author was a computer game developer -- openly advertising his email on other sites, and looking for help in developing a game with a story line similar to what was discussed in his thread.

When we have overt frauds perpetrated by the thread author (not a thread-starter inadvertently posting what turns out to be a hoax), the thread is removed.

You see. We can be trusted.
edit on 5-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Why would trinity be ready to sell GLP is the real question, why does he feel that there is no need for glp in the future, the amount of benefit they get from mining the people and their info from that site says they would only get rid of an asset if it was going to be useless at some point in the near future.
Trinity is a well placed zionist jew who would have pre warning about something that is going to happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join