It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GLP is Getting Sold For $200,000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
GodLikeProductions owner Trinity is selling GLP for $200,000 on ebay.

How many of you feel that GLP will be scooped up by some unsavory individual??

Link to ebay auction:
cgi.ebay.com...

edit on 30-6-2011 by sdwrage because: Just aesthetic change to title

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wonder if that price includes all the logged info (IPs, personal info, etc.)

Hmmmm....

edit on 6/30/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Seems a bit steep to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FadetoBlack69

Even though the website is a bit shady, it does get quite a bit of income and traffic.

I think $200,000 is a bit low for the website seeing as much coverage it has gotten. What I am afraid of is someone who wants to spread disinformation can utilize this website to fight against the very core reason why these websites exist. I understand the indifferences this website has had with GLP but this scares me even more.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Wait, are you saying GLP isn't run/owned by unsavory individuals right now?

Wonder why they are really selling it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I'd rather have the lesser evil IMO. Also... if you controlled a conspiracy board and you were someone wishing to sway the opinion on information, would you sell the website?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It'd be cool to get Skeptic Overlord's perspective on this. To see how much he would sell ATS for, if he ever did.

This website has it worth almost $360,000 USD, but another site had it worth $5,000 USD so I guess its close to the middle lol.

Link

Will be interesting to see if he gets what he wants.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
It'd be cool to get Skeptic Overlord's perspective on this. To see how much he would sell ATS for, if he ever did.

This website has it worth almost $360,000 USD, but another site had it worth $5,000 USD so I guess its close to the middle lol.

Link

Will be interesting to see if he gets what he wants.

Depends on this websites revenue stream as well.

That would be a huge determining factor.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
GLP being sold for sooo little?, seems like a bargain to me. Not that I ever spent any time at that site. However there are some avid contributors there that would make excellent additions to this site if they would come over all things aside?1?.......

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Didn't GLP go down for a bit a few months ago?

Is somebody in the admin having one of their periodic tantrums?

edit on 6/30/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
$20.00 yeah sounds about right.
*checks thread title*

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
$20.00 yeah sounds about right.
*checks thread title*

Whoops! added an extra , at the very end
Type

I meant $200,000 not $200,000,

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I heard that ATS is going to pay it and pick up GLP as a sister to this site...not sure about the new name...could be changed to "God Like Above Top Secret Productions"...sounds good.

ATS is going to try and corner the market on conspiracy web sites in the U.S. and with some of the advertising here contracted also to the new site...it would easily pay for itself in a couple months.

No not really...but it would make for a nice conspiracy!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There's nothing about GodLikeProductions.com we'd want to buy.

Apparently "Trinity" (the apparent owner/operator) had a very stressful encounter with law enforcement, as a result of content on the site. I can empathize and understand the intensely emotional reaction that would cause.

Regardless of what happens to GLP, no one wishes such an event on anyone, and I hope things take a turn for the better for him.

Edit to add...

It seems eBay may have pulled the listing, which could have been predicted as the content on GLP may not meeting their guidelines.
edit on 30-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I wonder if they'd go down to 150K.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Regardless of what happens to GLP, no one wishes such an event on anyone, and I hope things take a turn for the better for him.

I am surprised by that statement...not that you are a heartless person or anything...but I would of thought GLP was competition for ATS and with them out of business or at least having some trouble...you would consider that a bonus for this site.

Like I said...I am not saying anything against you personally...I am speaking in general from a business standpoint I suppose...I would of thought just the opposite.

I truly am surprised...very respectful and compassionate.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
but I would of thought GLP was competition for ATS and with them out of business or at least having some trouble...you would consider that a bonus for this site.

Possibly... hard to know for sure.

However, no ethical business person wishes ill on another for business purposes. If true (we must recall there have been questionable antics in the past), this must be a horrible time for he and his family... it sucks.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by jerryznv
but I would of thought GLP was competition for ATS and with them out of business or at least having some trouble...you would consider that a bonus for this site.

Please note I'm posting as an ATS member and not staff, and my opinions are strictly my own.

No, I don't think GLP and ATS are direct competitors in a strict sense because we operate very differently. Actually, I think there's always been more of a synergy there. If you want no holds barred, free for all, uncensored anarchy then GLP is the place. If you're looking for something more structured with a requirement for civility, then that would be here. A lot of people have memberships at both sites, and there's nothing wrong with that.

From my own personal perspective as a staff member here, I think it makes it easier for us when we unfortunately have to part ways with someone, that there are other alternatives for them. Maybe it keeps some of them from coming back overandoverandover just to cause problems. Not always, of course, but I think it helps mitigate that. We've always had members come here from there, as well.

And sure, just as human beings, I'm comfortable saying no one on staff here has ever wished ill on anyone at GLP. We can disagree without being hateful about it. That's sort of what we always aspire to do.

Strictly my perspective.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

And sure, just as human beings, I'm comfortable saying no one on staff here has ever wished ill on anyone at GLP. We can disagree without being hateful about it. That's sort of what we always aspire to do.

That is truly noble I suppose...and I would not disagree that it is not in staffs or the site owners interest to wish ill upon GLP.

I have been around here for a few months anyway and in general I would say that the members of ATS for the most part would disagree...I think I could dig up GLP bashing threads and posts for days...but I think it is suffice to say that is a given.

Competition in the business world is fierce in the U.S. and has been for decades...I would venture to say that your opinion and Skeptics is not always the norm...matter of fact from a business stand point it is probably not the norm at all and that is what makes it truly surprising.

I have...like you...seen trouble makers from GLP come here and they rarely last long, and like you I have seen member from here go to GLP and bash ATS non-stop...as far as my own opinion...ATS is far more civilized and I have made it my "home"...I found GLP to be exactly as you describe it...uncivil in my opinion...chaotic untruths run a muck.

Either way...I am in agreement with you...ATS has taken a fine stand by not wishing ill on GLP...that in itself speaks volumes...whether by the site owner, or by staff, it is a true sign of civility and morality at its finest.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
200,000 isn't that steep but it all depends on the revenue. As for the site itself, well than can be revamped in heart beat without to much e-drama. Although as i read above he seemed to have a encounter with the law so i do hope it all works out for him and the community it hosts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join