It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck signs off from Fox News: ‘This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

Isn't this how all mainstream media behaves? Just a thought.

YES!

The MSM is OWNED by the banksters.

(the takeover of the media)
U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media. www.mindfully.org...

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

Who controls the media: www.nowfoundation.org...

Interlocking Directorates
Media corporations share members of the board of directors with a variety of other large corporations, including banks, investment companies, oil companies, health care and pharmaceutical companies and technology companies. This list shows board interlocks for the following major media interests:
www.fair.org...

I just ran into another connection. It is the last puzzle piece missing in the chain of events explaining why the Food Safety Modernization Act was rammed down our throats during a lame duck session of Congress.

See: Shielding the Giants for the ACTUAL cause of food borne illness increase: It is a MUST READ detailing the history of the cover-up of food borne diseases caused by the big corporations.
SHIELDING THE GIANTS: www.whistleblower.org...

collaborating information:
Senate Hearings
www.access.gpo.gov... Testimony by Mr. Stan Painter, Chairman, National Joint Council of Food Inspection Locals:

www.fsis.usda.gov... Hearing where Stan Painter is called a LIAR by the government. (In a round about way of course)

The last puzzle piece:
Dwayne Andreas worked for Cargill and then worked for Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADMC) becoming CEO in 1971. He is considered the TOP campaign donor in the USA.

...Dwayne Orville Andreas (born 4 March 1918) is one of the most prominent political campaign donors[1] in the United States, having contributed millions of dollars to Democratic and Republican candidates alike....

In 1971 Andreas became Chief Executive Officer of ADM, and is credited with transforming the firm into an industrial powerhouse — so powerful that by 1996, ADM had been investigated for price-fixing and was assessed the largest antitrust fine in United States history: 100 million dollars....

Andreas commands much respect among Washington politicians for his largesse. As part of the investigations surrounding illegal campaign fundraising linked to the Watergate scandal, Andreas was charged with (but acquitted of) illegally contributing $100,000 to Hubert Humphrey's 1968 presidential campaign. In 1972 Andreas unlawfully contributed $25,000 to President Nixon's re-election campaign via Watergate burglar Bernard Barker. Other recipients of Andreas's "tithing" — as he puts it — have included George H. W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Bob Dole, Michael Dukakis, Jesse Jackson, and Jack Kemp.

According to Mother Jones magazine:

“ During the 1992 election, Andreas gave more than $1.4 million in soft money and $345,000 to individual candidates, using multiple donors in his company and family members (including wife Inez) to circumvent contribution limits.”

Not all of Andreas's charity goes directly to politicians: in the 1990s he contributed $2.5 million to Florida public broadcasting network WXEL.....” en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting that it was two Florida Journalists who got their behinds handed to them during the "Farm Wars" www.all-natural.com...

Also when Derry Brownfield went after Monsanto he was tossed out of the station he CO-FOUNDED! deadlinelive.info... Unfortunately Derry has recently passed away. He his greatly missed.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Glenn Beck signs off from Fox News: ‘This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV’

The bickering and name calling stops NOW.

There will be no further warnings.
Post removals and temporary post bans will be given.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Just so you know my "insult";

"You people don't care ...

GET OFF MY PHONE, you little pinhead"

Was a quote from Glenn Beck, and offered only in the most playful way. I was not serious. = )

I would argue it was off-topic indeed, but not a display of "exceptionally displeasurable behavior". Oh well.

Other than that, yes! I agree with you! Let's be civil.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Nurv47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Yes, well done Glenn. He is right it is like a movement that doesn't belong on tv though I confess I have not watched tv in a very long time. Are they showing those "movements" on tv these days? I'm actually a bit feint of heart when it comes to such things and thankfully enjoy good digestion and regularity through good diet and exercise.

I see what you did there...

<< 1  2   >>

join