It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck signs off from Fox News: ‘This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Glenn Beck began his final show on Fox News where he'll be for the foreseeable future: outside the building--and not on TV. "We've done some amazing things together," Beck, flanked by at least one bodyguard, told viewers as he showed them the view of the set from the street, noting the bulletproof glass that was installed "for a myriad of reasons."

Beck then rolled a four-minute highlight reel of his greatest hits spanning his two-and-a-half years on the air: Acorn, the 9/12 Project, his Restoring Honor rally in Washington, D.C., last summer. (The montage also included testimonials from viewers found on the street.)

Beck didn't mention Fox News' plan--announced today--to replace him with a roundtable show, "The Five." But he frequently plugged his website, GlennBeck.com, directing viewers wanting to follow his post-Fox career there. (The site redirects to GBTV.com, where Beck was due to host a webcast a half hour after his Fox News show ended.)

news.yahoo.com...

As I stated in the other current Glen Beck thread that is now closed, he amped up a socalled "wine spilling incident" to bring more attention to himself and to his FINAL SHOW....and would plug his new internet foray GBTV.....

Which he did as I rightly predicted.
edit on 30-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Good riddance. He really has no business being in any media or public spotlight with his biased and close-minded comments and statements.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes, well done Glenn. He is right it is like a movement that doesn't belong on tv though I confess I have not watched tv in a very long time. Are they showing those "movements" on tv these days? I'm actually a bit feint of heart when it comes to such things and thankfully enjoy good digestion and regularity through good diet and exercise.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think he was sacked for getting too close to the truth about the Unholy Alliance of Leftists and Muslims, recommended by Lenin himself as a good way to bring down western civilization. Glenn Beck was absolutely right about the western Marxists supporting the fanatical Muslim Brotherhood responsible for fomenting the so-called "Arab Spring", and the Marxists and Muslims who have so deeply infiltrated western governments and media didn't like being exposed, so they pulled all their little strings to get him sacked.

I salute his courage, honesty, integrity and patriotism.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Good riddance. He really has no business being in any media or public spotlight with his biased and close-minded comments and statements.

Isn't this how all mainstream media behaves? Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton

Yep, it is... Journalism died with Cronkite....

What we have now is not journalism OR news... It is entertainment shows about the news and it's all about ratings....

Get rid of them all.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Guy was/is a bellend, end of.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Glenn.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Good buy dear rodeo clown, maybe you can apply for the next Mission Impossible movie. Nah scrap that your talents would be better suited to Days of Our Lies, oh the drama.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The bullet proof glass was installed so people passing by on the street wouldn't accidentally hear the garbage coming out of his cake hole.
His ego consumed him. Buh Bye now.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

True-dat. However, this man went above and beyond and let his bias along with his "popularity" consume him, which made him more ridiculous and foolish with every word he spoke.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The man is a media whore, there's no other way to adequately describe him. He'll realize sooner or later that his credibility flew out the window long ago. Without Fox pushing his ratings along he's going to flounder like a fish out of water. What he has failed to realize is that he is not the heavy-weight that Limbaugh or any of the other talking heads have managed to position themselves as. After this point he will be nothing more than a blip on the radar screen that quickly fades away.

Good-bye, Beck. Your fifteen minutes are up.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Very true. And collectively, Americans vote for people similar to him to be President.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My favourite part of that article was that he only got 4 minutes of highlights from 2.5 years on the air.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Beck he is weird guy that I can;tn put my finger on. Because he willtake a step forward and talk about turths and bring good issues to the fore front. then take 2 steps back. This is evidenced by saying there are globalist out there then make jokes about "star chambers". even now I heard him either todaay or yesterday talking about the CFR. Really Really? Now when your leaving your gonna talka bout the CFR. when you wasted your time attacking people on th eleft on othe rleftist groups and wasted peoples times with names on blackboards that dont control anything or anything.

Like I say he is weird and i can;t put my finger on what his agenda is or if he even had an agenda.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

What we have now is not journalism OR news... It is entertainment shows about the news and it's all about ratings....

Get rid of them all.

I agree, but as far as I'm concerned journalism died before Cronkite, he received the Global Governance Award for his lifetime of work. You know what, I'm not sure how long in human history real journalism ever existed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

Sure, some outlets have a lean but there is not 1 mainstream news outlet as biased as FOX. Just go over each sites front page for 1 week and keep track of left and right leaning headlines. Sorry, FOX has been way over the line for years and is a station that has alot of blame for whats happened to the media.

Keep in mind under Bush all of the media industries experienced significant corporate reorganization during the 1980s as they became concentrated under the ownership of fewer and fewer companies.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Get rid of them all.

Mainstream media has been going downhill but I wonder why? Was it because internet is such a competition that they try to resort to entertainment and ratings instead of real news?
edit on 30/6/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If you notice many dont even call themselves journalists anymore, they all call themselves broadcasters. And rightly so, its nothing but a circus show.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If you notice many dont even call themselves journalists anymore, they all call themselves broadcasters. And rightly so, its nothing but a circus show.

The noun "broadcasting" itself came from an agricultural term, meaning "scattering seeds widely".
I think these seeds are GMO's

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join