It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann's Husband Says Gays are 'Barbarians' That Need to be 'Disciplined'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Michele Bachmann's Husband Says Gays are 'Barbarians' That Need to be 'Disciplined'

Wingnut Watch: Michele Bachmann's Husband: Gays are 'Barbarians' Who 'Need to be Educated'

Michele Bachmann's husband runs a Christian-based counseling center in Minnesota that's been rumored to offer treatment for those seeking a "cure" for their gayness. Here he is, last summer, sharing his views on homosexuality:

"We have to understand: barbarians need to be educated. They need to be disciplined. Just because someone feels it or thinks it doesn’t mean that we are supposed to go down that road. That’s what is called the sinful nature. We have a responsibility as parents and as authority figures not to encourage such thoughts and feelings from moving into the action steps

So gays are "barbarians" that need to be "disciplined" and "educated". I don't even know what to say - this guy is a complete nut. I wonder what sort of discipline he's suggesting? Whips? Chains? BDSM?
edit on 30-6-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: forgot to add link

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
well doesnt the left go around telling everyone else that they need to be "educated" and they are" barbarians" every chance they get?

the left preaches tolerance and equality for all but give none to others who dont have the same thoughts as they do.

and while i dont necessarily agree with the word choices he made he has his right to free speech as everyone else is free to agree with disagree with them.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think the worst part of what he said was something about us all having these urges when we were young.

Really?

I never had those urges when I was young but I hear Larry Craig did.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Ignorance of people truly leaves me baffled at times,

yet they can hind behind their 'Religion' and other such 'Facades' and get away with it

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Kinky! For my second line I'll just say that he himself sounds a little "different".
edit on 30-6-2011 by ChrisCrikey because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
well doesnt the left go around telling everyone else that they need to be "educated" and they are" barbarians" every chance they get?

the left preaches tolerance and equality for all but give none to others who dont have the same thoughts as they do.

and while i dont necessarily agree with the word choices he made he has his right to free speech as everyone else is free to agree with disagree with them.

Indeed, he has the 'Right Of Free Speech'

but Ignorance is Ignorance, and the mass spewing of 'Hate' is wrong no matter how 'Free', not saying we should take away said 'Rights' if you are for 'Free Speech' then you have to accept the good and bad

but mayahp him (and others) need to get better educated before saying 'Homosexuals are 'Barbarians'

+3 more 
link   
My gaydar started revin' as soon as he started talking. You say he runs a center where gay men are "reformed?"

That sounds like the best line ever.

link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Kinky! For my second line I'll just say that he himself sounds a little "different".
edit on 30-6-2011 by ChrisCrikey because: spelling

I did not want to say that. I really didn't but the moment he started speaking I had flashbacks of my high school drama teacher and my cousin gary's "room mate." Something about the way he speaks is just all too familiar.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm a little confused by your post - when has "the left" called anyone "barbarians" for their lifestyle choices. Straight, Gay, Somewhere in between, I've never heard liberals say you were a barbarian needing to be re-educated or disciplined for your sexual orientation.

No one is denying this guy's right to say what he wants, no one is trying to deny him his freedom of speech. All ThinkProgess has done is expose what a nut this guy is.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
sheesshhh...so much for tolerance with this guy

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So, we aren't supposed to tolerate his feelings, his speech and his positions on homosexuals?

I am confused about what tolerance really means I guess. Ya can't have it both ways...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

People with this mentality are morons.

ETA I have to agree with everyone that says this guy sounds gay
What this guy did was the best cover up a homo could have.
edit on 30-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
So, we aren't supposed to tolerate his feelings, his speech and his positions on homosexuals?

I am confused about what tolerance really means I guess. Ya can't have it both ways...

I do not tolerate slave owners. Does that make me intolerant in your book?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

You know slave owners?!?!? You should probably tell someone!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Are you also unsure or confused on the concept of disagreeing with someone while still tolerating their right to say what they say? Then there is the hypocrisy that we have seen in so many "family values" politicians and the fact that his mental health clinic receives government money to try to "cure" people of their homosexuality. I disagree with that too but think he has the right to say whatever he wants unless of course he is calling for violence against people.

link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

You know slave owners?!?!? You should probably tell someone!

I want to know where I become "intolerant" exactly. Is it not tolerating the dehumanization of a group of humans based on a difference?

link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

So should we be tolerant of Hitler's views of gays, too?

There comes a time when you have to speak up, to tell the nutjobs and the homophobes that they aren't practicing free speech, they're engaged in hate-speech denigrating an entire class of people. This guy isn't just "intolerant" of gays - he want's to use force to make people comply with his homophobic views of gays.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
well, the only thing left now is....who willl play the two of them on SNL ?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Would it also be appropriate then to include the writings - such as her rather racial Princeton thesis - of michelle obama in this discussion?

edit on 6/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I always find it telling when grown men (or any grown adult) is so worried about another human beings sex life. It says to ME that the one so concerned has severe homosexual issues themselves, and is almost always concealing homoerotic feelings himself.

And of course it boils down to this man being a pervert himself, as he is so concerned about how other men sex up their partners. Guess his wife must not be satisfying him, else why the intense interest in where other men put their penii?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join