It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann's Husband Says Gays are 'Barbarians' That Need to be 'Disciplined'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

not surprising when you get down to any issue people just dont want to understand their own hypocrisy.

change gays to any label you want like oh conservatives "they are barbarians and need to be educated or disciplined"

yeah i said left wing because politics are behind every issue being discussed these days and bachman is a "right winger" and all those right wingers are just stupid bafoons.

now if bachman was a left winger and said that it wouldnt even be an issue now would it.

edit on 30-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by neo96

well doesnt the left go around telling everyone else that they need to be "educated" and they are" barbarians" every chance they get?

the left preaches tolerance and equality for all but give none to others who dont have the same thoughts as they do.

and while i dont necessarily agree with the word choices he made he has his right to free speech as everyone else is free to agree with disagree with them.

I'm a little confused by your post - when has "the left" called anyone "barbarians" for their lifestyle choices. Straight, Gay, Somewhere in between, I've never heard liberals say you were a barbarian needing to be re-educated or disciplined for your sexual orientation.

Maybe not sexual orientation, but elitist liberal/progressives (so-called) never seem to tire of telling the rest of us how they've got it all figured out and everyone else just needs to step back and let them handle it - whatever IT is.

link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

reitterating the most important point of my postings in this thread.

blah blah ignorance whatever.

if bachman was a left winger this topic would have not even been made and none would have any opinions on the subject matter.

bachman is a right winger so its a big subject.

link   
Why is everyone so worked up about gays anyway? I'm not gay, nor do I care. As long as they leave me alone, they can do whatever they want. What difference in my life, or any of yours, does it make if they get married? Methinks they doth protest too much.

And this guy sounds gay for sure. The politicians and evangelists who are the most vitriolic about gays are always the ones that get caught behind the shed with the little boys.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It would be off topic and trollish but perhaps you could start your own thread and have at it. Second line is that I hope you'd learn to derail a topic more artfully in the future because this probably won't fly if there are any good mods around.

edit on 30-6-2011 by ChrisCrikey because: spelling and haste

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I always find it telling when grown men (or any grown adult) is so worried about another human beings sex life. It says to ME that the one so concerned has severe homosexual issues themselves, and is almost always concealing homoerotic feelings himself.

Psychological expert that you are ... credentials please.

And of course it boils down to this man being a pervert himself, as he is so concerned about how other men sex up their partners. Guess his wife must not be satisfying him, else why the intense interest in where other men put their penii?

Again, your professional basis for this determination is?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I always find it telling when grown men (or any grown adult) is so worried about another human beings sex life. It says to ME that the one so concerned has severe homosexual issues themselves, and is almost always concealing homoerotic feelings himself.

And of course it boils down to this man being a pervert himself, as he is so concerned about how other men sex up their partners. Guess his wife must not be satisfying him, else why the intense interest in where other men put their penii?

It is called an opinion, everyone has one and in America, all are entitled to one. In my opinion, this man is a pervert because he is worried about where men stick their penii. That is the very definition of a pervert.
edit on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:43:05 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If Bachman were a lefty it would still be an issue with me of equal value. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

the man is a pervert its not like hes an elected official who got caught literally with his pants down.

i do laugh when the left attempts to lecture about morality and ethics when they have none.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey

It would be off topic and trollish but perhaps you could start your own thread and have at it. Second line is that I hope you'd learn to derail a topic more artfully in the future because this probably won't fly if there are any good mods around.

edit on 30-6-2011 by ChrisCrikey because: spelling and haste

I may have assumed more comprehension than was warranted by some here. Let me try and clarify.

Clearly, if we say that what Bachmann's husband says and does should be allowed to be used in an attempt to negatively paint the candidate, then Michelle Obama's statements and writings should also be allowed as a measure of obama the candidate and president.

I personally don't think the spouses and families of candidates should be brought into it.

That is how what I said relates to the topic ...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It is called an opinion, everyone has one and in America, all are entitled to one. In my opinion, this man is a pervert because he is worried about where men stick their penii. That is the very definition of a pervert.
edit on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:43:05 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the clarification that you were only offering an opinion.

Because if you would re-read your own comments, you were quite clearly stating them as if they were facts - without offering any justification whatsoever. A common practice (IMO) on the left.
edit on 6/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So you exemplify the wrongness of it by doing it yourself? Your logic is circular and I still contend that you are and were off topic. Start your own thread on Mrs. Obama if it really means that much to you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey

So you exemplify the wrongness of it by doing it yourself? Your logic is circular and I still contend that you are and were off topic. Start your own thread on Mrs. Obama if it really means that much to you.

Re-read my post for content (this time).

I'm asking the question of do we really want to go there? Many on the left repeatedly tried to attack Palin through her family. Now in this OP, we see people on the left attempting to do the same thing to yet another female conservative. A pattern showing perhaps? Racism is not allowed but being misogynous is?

My question asks if the people thinking it OK to try and attack Bachmann through her husband, would also think it was OK to use Michelle Obama to attack the president?

My opinion is that they wouldn't want that, which also exposes some real hypocrisy if they persist in doing the same to Ms. Bachmann.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"Just because someone feels it or thinks it, doesn't mean that we're supposed to go down that road."

WE?

So I looked at some other pix of him and - - he is really creepy looking. Or - its a bad angle? Not his right side?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
"Just because someone feels it or thinks it, doesn't mean that we're supposed to go down that road."

WE?

So I looked at some other pix of him and - - he is really creepy looking. Or - its a bad angle? Not his right side?

Annee, you've posted far better than this in the past.

You're stooping to posting about this person's looks as a measure of what goes on in his mind?

Don't you realize that is the very definition of the kinds of prejudice you claim to fight against on thread after thread - and now you're guilty of the same?

And to the people giving you stars - really???

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

WE?

You're stooping to posting about this person's looks as a measure of what goes on in his mind?

Don't you realize that is the very definition of the kinds of prejudice you claim to fight against on thread after thread - and now you're guilty of the same?

Thank you very much.

You and I will not be having a conversation.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

WE?

Thank you very much.

You and I will not be having a conversation.

OK.

Just would have thought from previous posts that you'd be about the last person not to understand that prejudice is prejudice - no matter what form it takes.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Is this true? That Dr. Bachmann lists himself as having a PhD in Psychology from Union University Ohio, an online school - - which does not offer a PH.D in clinical Psychology - - but grants a PsyD a doctorate in clinical psychology?

And he has been rejected by the APA?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Would it also be appropriate then to include the writings - such as her rather racial Princeton thesis - of michelle obama in this discussion?

So once again, the usual deflect and deny. Let's see, Michelle Obama writes a student thesis about her life as a black student in Princeton in the 1960's, a time I think everyone would agree was wrought with racial tensions. Fair enough, as a black woman, who may have been feeling extremely frustrated with racism that's her prerogative. Did she accuse whites of being barbarians and needed to be "re-educated" or disciplined?

This guy, however, is not gay, yet here he is calling gays "barbarians" who need to disciplined. Now, to make it a fair comparison to Michelle Obama's student thesis, he would need to be a gay man, writing about his life as a gay man. He is not. If he were gay, and writing (angrily) about his treatment at the hands of society, I don't think many would be offended (or even care).

He is completely the opposite of Michelle Obama, he is not arguing for acceptance, not for himself nor for any group. He is instead declaring his contempt of an entire segment of society. Anyone that feels a group of people have to be "disciplined" for their orientation is dangerous and in my opinion completely contemptible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join