It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning kills 18 kids at primary school

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

were they all holding hands or standing realy close to gether or on like flooded ground that might explain the circumstances and the highcasualty rate

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As I say, it's actually not that an uncommon event (sadly) - but usually doesn't get much mention in the western media.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Speaking of which:

www.defenceweb.co.za...:us-allocates-us145-million-to-fight-terrorism-in-north-africa&catid=56: diplomacy-a-peace&Itemid=111
The United States last week allocated US$145 million worth of military equipment to North and East African nations in order to help combat terrorist threats in the region.
The biggest recipients were Burundi and Uganda, which were allocated around US$45 million worth of equipment, including four unmanned aerial vehicles. ...
Burundi and Uganda are heavily involved in Somalia, with around 9000 peacekeepers in the troubled nation. The two countries in March pledged to send an additional 4000 troops to Somalia...

"Hey General, the Ugandans are backsliding on the their commitments to the war o' terror."

"Oh yeah.... we'll see about that! Time to send them a little message......"

/

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Can somebody explain how it can kill so many in one strike? Were they all standing in water? or holding hands?
edit on 29-6-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Originally posted by philware

why does this happen to the innocent
and not the evil doers TPTB and the like
well they do say the good die younger than
the rest of us.

God works in mysterious ways.

edit on 29-6-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
18 dead from one strike!?!? Statistically that is impossible, but with all the right elements in place...large group of people, low lying area, monsoon like rainfall, and obviously no lightning rods on the building to divert the strike...it can happen. Very sad though!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

and not the evil doers TPTB and the like
well they do say the good die younger than
the rest of us.

How do you know they were innocent?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This sounds like the result of a weather weapon, Lighting can kill one person at a strike not 18 kids or people for that matter, i feel so sorry for those kids lost in this freak event

Lighting killing 18 in single strike is not possible.

To me this new, i haven't heard anything like this before.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There is a hint in this article that the deaths might have been caused by fire. In any case this sort of thing rarely gets reported and this is the first time I have ever heard such a report in my 40-plus years of following the news.

I see some talk of the possibility that this weather is man-made, or that the electrical discharge might be. While that is not out of the question, it is unlikely.

I have only heard of "natural disaster" attacks being used on political rivals or enemies as warnings regarding specific actions. But most of the interest seems to be in mind control and psychological warfare. Killing a bunch of school kids does nothing to forward such an agenda. It seems cruel and inhuman, but the weather can be that way. I wish it were our only major enemy!

edit on 29-6-2011 by l_e_cox because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Other than the soldiers in the USA that were struck 17 i believe it was, these are the only two instances i've ever heard of lightning striking that many at once. Anyone know the odds of this happening?
I just can't see how it would happen, unless it was a very large bolt, or they were all really close together.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by philware

Everyone is here for a purpose, and everyone stays as long as they are meant to. Sometimes it is only when innoent people or children die that the world pays attention and does something to change things, so their deaths, as sad as they seem to us, might have had a higher purpose. Even if not, they are a group of children that do not have to suffer through the future - it looks like things are just going to get worse. Maybe they are the lucky ones?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
18 dead from one strike!?!? Statistically that is impossible, but with all the right elements in place...large group of people, low lying area, monsoon like rainfall, and obviously no lightning rods on the building to divert the strike...it can happen. Very sad though!

it does sound a bit impossible. I think it is more likely that the lightening killed no one, as they were indoors, but were instead killed by fire, fallen roof, or something like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

They're the lucky ones...? thats hard if u ask me..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luzifer
reply to post by chrissiel123

They're the lucky ones...? thats hard if u ask me..

sorry if it sounded harsh - i am spiritual - chrsitian. I believe that death is just a little hiccup we have to go through to get to heaven, and thinking that being held at the bosom of Jesus is a better place to be than here if the SHTF.
i am not wishing anyone dead, i just dont see death the way many others do.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

18 kids are dead and your answer is god works in mysterious ways?
i guess those kids had to die for the big plan god has?

I think that God just really really hates Africa.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
hmm, that sounds really odd. I would like to see what the building looks like if anyone has a picture of that?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I believe that lightning does not have to actually strike them in order to cause injury. It can affect people who are standing near an area that was struck by lightning, as the energy moves through the ground, or other structures. An event with this many casualties could absolutely happen when there are a large number of people standing in a small area. I remember reading a while back about a lightning strike that killed multiple individuals during some kind of Scouts meeting, perhaps a sporting event.

and not the evil doers? ...

Well if you believe that most people are basically good, and lightning strikes are basically random, then any person struck by lightning will probably be good.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Clearly, TSA needs to target Earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
people standing under rin roof, escaping the rain...
wood? holding up the roof.. wood most likely, not a good ground
lighnting strikes, enourmous amounts of electricity spreads through the roof and arcs to the people beneath to the ground

possible explanation. people ar better conductors than wood

or, lightning strikes houses that burn down and kill them, but im thinking the former
its the times u think you are safe that get ya

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

most kids are until they
meet people like you
end of
edit on 30-6-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join