It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Seriously Spooky Ghost Photographs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Christmas 1835 - it was recorded that guests Colonal Loftus and a chap named Hawkins ran into an apparition on the staircase - they described it as an aristocratic woman in a brown dress - perfect in every feature - except that she glowed with a strong etherial light and where her eyes should have been, there were just empty dark sockets.

I've seen one with no eyes like this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Personal stories especially when not independently verified are worthless. The wtc ghost towers is easily faked. The brown lady I've never put much stock in. A dusty old house with someone smoking at the bottom of the stairs and light coming through a window could easily reproduce the same effect. The wedding crasher is probably a child hiding behind dad. Typical 70s kid dress for a wedding. The RAF ghost is probably slow shutter speed. The ghastly monk was a slow shutter speed hoax. THe angel photo I've never put much stock in strictly because in car crashes you get smoke and steam and a flash passing through it easily explains it. The tulip ghost is another issue of slow shutter speed. The rev didn't see anyone, doesn't mean someone didn't walk by and exit the picture before he noticed. The car ghost is just a reflection. I believe the child ghost was a proven hoax. And the ship ghosts are simply your brain trying to make sense out of complicated patters. I can take a picture of a face in my hardwood floors too. Sometimes in a piece of fried chicken.

THe sad thing is I am 100% sure spirits are real. I'm just a helluva lot harder on evidence than most.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is no eye, it is the button on the mans jacket. The foot is less easy to explain though.

Did this one remind anyone else of The Scream (by Edvard Munch)

More likely than not mist/smoke

What was the article on? Unless it was about the "ghostly child" in the picture, then all it is is that a child crawled into shot!

Wierd, but more likely a case of pareidolia (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Christmas 1835 - it was recorded that guests Colonal Loftus and a chap named Hawkins ran into an apparition on the staircase - they described it as an aristocratic woman in a brown dress - perfect in every feature - except that she glowed with a strong etherial light and where her eyes should have been, there were just empty dark sockets.

I've seen one with no eyes like this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe I shouldn't have read your thread, creepy stuff.
It's 2 AM and I wanted to go to bed. Damn.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The "Brown Lady" photo is priceless, and if you do some looking into the matter, you'll find that this photo had a profound influence on how movie directors handled the lighting and overall mood of horror film scenes for quite some time. It's an amazing shot, and even if it's a fake, its a wonderful fake.

I'm pretty sure that full apparitions are extremely rare, and that it takes a lot more talent than most passed people have to produce one. The composition must feature physical elements, and the "spirit" must gather and manipulate these elements into a crafted visual manifestation that a camera can actually translate, and that's simply an extraordinary requirement.

Most "intelligent" apparitions are produced within the mind of the observer, and are triggered by the "spirit" manipulating the brain circuitry to produce a seemingly external projection based on memory that is then fed into the short term memory of the person experiencing the apparition. The truth is that it's never actually "seen" by the eyes. Like a hallucination, but not generated by the brain spontaneously. Kind of like how researchers can trigger full-spectrum memories by hitting sections of the brain with small electrical impulses. These events are still paranormal, but much more targeted than legends would have us believe.

Of course, the kind of manifestations that are seen by many people (usually residual "hanuting" apparitions) are something that remains tough to understand, but residual information has its own unique capacity for organized sophistication (like the human brain's development, for instance), so gathering a visual representation together by way of the stuff lying around (water vapor, dust, and whatever) isn't likely beyond its range. Of course, explaining why something like that would occur is another issue entirely. In those cases, why is probably tougher to explain than how.

I love those photos though. And to anyone that thinks that the older photos were photoshopped....

c'mon. Those photos were famous before computers showed up. Anything can be faked, but when some of those photos emerged as important evidence, the only ways to fake such shots were really easy to detect. Not everything is bullsh*t. Most is, but not everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The ghost of the twin towers
Photoshopped i think this one,alot of energy must still be hanging in the air around ground zero but this just doesn't come across as real

The brown lady of rainham hall.
The most real of the photo's shown,alot of stories about seeing her floating around,not many ghost pictures i could say hand on heart i believe are real,a genuine ghost capture.

1970's wedding ghost.
Could be anything really i don't think it's a ghost though,it could be but something tells me this is just a double exposure maybe.

The RAF ghost
Very genuine very creepy picture that gives me the chills sometimes,nice to see he's still around keeping an eye on his friends.

The ghostly monk
Doesn't look that real,i never understand why this is creepy,doesn't come across like that to me.

The Angel.
Could be smoke of someones breath,if it is real it's amazing,poor soul realizing his body has gone,lost nowhere to go.

The tulip staircase
Could be somebody running up the stairs could be a ghost but it's hard to tell

Car ghost
Creeps me out this one,i lost my mother a couple years ago & still smell her purfume now & then,this i believe is very real & very touching,family stick together as shown in this picture.

Ship Ghosts
The mind is good at putting things together,we don't know after death how you come back,if you can put your face sonmewhere,i like this photo,just something real about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The ship ghosts pic remind me of these ghost faces:
Belmez Faces

These creeped me out BIGTIME

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join