It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over population a problem??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
So if the elites think there is an over population problem.

No, I think you'll find it's us weirdo tree hugging hippy types (some of whom are also scientists) who think there's an over population problem

Unless you think we're the elites? And that Jesus guy did say the meek would inherit the Earth ..... whatever is left of it after you lot have finished f*cking it up, that is...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Well I guess everyone thinks we are over populated its just the elite are in a better position to solve the problem.All rich people want more money. Growing their money mostly depends on growth of the economy.Growth of the economy consumes resources.Consuming of resources destroys the environment.Growth of the economy requires more people which accelerates the whole process.
edit on 28-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A good example of growth being a problem. We have technologies right now that are clean and safe but there is less profit to be made by these.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

I skimmed through some of you're post links I will check them out in detail later tonight seems interesting.

Thank you so much. [smile]

We will never get rid of poverty and elite as long as We live in scarcity. And scarcity is all about energy in the final analysis. With plenum (zero point/"dark"/radiant/orgone/...) energy added, the need for money to account for meaningful energy expended will dissipate, allowing Us all to live as today's elite do.

Until We add this "free" energy to the mix, suffering, hunger, poverty will all be with Us.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

A good example of growth being a problem. We have technologies right now that are clean and safe but there is less profit to be made by these.

It's not that there is "less profit." Any threat to oil supremacy is hampered - through both legal and illegal means. I know We were studying electrogravitics (EG) in the 1950's and that it went into black ops late 1959, early 1960. EG was offering antigravity and overunity. (If You want to know how I know about EG, please read "Who Are "They?"" linked in my sig.)

I know of a number of stories of People being arrested and otherwise harassed when They had something innovative. A friend of mine worked for a man who was an inventor. The inventor had created a device to extract energy from the planet's magnetic field. My friend was involved in helping to cart the creation around as the inventor tried to get investors.

Shortly after They had begun carting the thing around, the FBI showed up and arrested the inventor for "patent infringement," confiscating the device, and leaving My friend unemployed. The question, of course, is...

If the inventor had recreated a device that someone else had invented and patented...WHERE IS that invention and why are We not using it? Oh, well, the answer is, of course quite clear. The present energy industries do NOT want to lose power and market share, and so I am certain the patent was bought up and hidden. Many such things have been bought up and hidden.

So... Yeah, until We can get something that can storm the Bastille of the present energy controllers so fast and so furiously that They cannot stop it...We are screwed.
edit on 6/29/2011 by Amaterasu because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

So if the elites think there is an over population problem.

No, I think you'll find it's us weirdo tree hugging hippy types (some of whom are also scientists) who think there's an over population problem

Unless you think we're the elites? And that Jesus guy did say the meek would inherit the Earth ..... whatever is left of it after you lot have finished f*cking it up, that is...

The problem is NOT the population. It's the corporate interests that evade efforts to clean things up, get dispensations, and otherwise avoid or ignore Our efforts to keep things clean. The corporations that hide and suppress better tech.

To evaluate the population of this planet it might help to consider that if every Human on this planet (from newborn to nearly dead) owned 1/4 acre of land in Australia (4% of this planet's land mass EXcluding Antarctica) there would still be a chunk of Australia left over - and the whole rest of the planet. If the volume of all Humans were placed in the Grand Canyon, it would fit in one small side canyon with room to spare.

If We distributed food based on need and not profit, We would not see what We see today: supermarkets throwing out hundreds of thousands of tons of food a month while People starve. We would see all of Us fed. Easily. In fact, it is estimated by some that We could feed 10 times the number We presently have. But even if We presume half of that, We could feed five times what We presently have to feed on this planet.

If We could raise the standard of living for all, the rate of births would slow. Over and over it has been shown that the affluent have fewer children, having the choice to do as They wish rather than being unable to afford more than TV and sex as entertainment.

So... Don't call it a "population" problem. Call it a corporo-distribution problem.

EDIT to add: Note: We can kill two bacteria with one scan... Eh?

With the ability to All aspire to what Each We chose to Be, by adding plenum energy and robots, with noble Law (the three, see below) applied, Humans All would be truly free.

Break these three Laws and the Ones around You will have to handle it (what might You expect?), and there will be times when there are sides and the Ethics are unclear, but as more and more CARE, as the word spreads, the Ethics will be decided. With now mostly planetary communication, if every One had a chance to THINK about these, My ideas, most of Us could see Ourselves behaving civilly, but fear (ah, what is the one thing We have to fear?) what Others might do, We could make what I offer happen.

I think that's rather silly if the percentage of Us, who would personally agree never to break these three Laws was 90% of Humanity... I wonder what the percentage actually would be? Self defense is Ethically sound under these Laws. These Laws Here:

Do not willfully hurt or kill another Being*

Do not willfully take or damage another Being'*s property

Do not willfully defraud another Being*

* where "Being" is defined as any One who can ask or by proxy another of the species can ask, for One's rights.

edit on 6/29/2011 by Amaterasu because: clarity

edit on 6/29/2011 by Amaterasu because: BIG edit.

edit on 6/29/2011 by Amaterasu because: Finish a thought

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I keep it simple. Do onto one as one wants done onto himself.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Free energy is also a misconception it will always cost you something.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
When psychopaths become beyond wealthy they lose all touch with reality - anyone who can think of depopulation as an answer to the 'worlds problems' is simply psychotic.
When moral people become beyond wealthy, they look to solve world problems - teaching areas to farm instead of providing bags of rice aid, promoting the development of technologies which aid mankind instead of making them dependent etc etc etc
Sure, the world probably does have a cap on the amount of people that can be sustained. But that number is dependent on our technology at the time. Discussions should take place in a public arena.
Any person allowed to advocate depopulation has sold their soul to Satan a long time ago. The other 6 billion people just didn't see it happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Free energy is also a misconception it will always cost you something.

Initially, yes. But as the energy flows, the currency will deflate, making the costs eventually disappear. There will not be the normal deflation issues because We would be adding what money represents: meaningful energy expended. So while the money deflates, the standard of living rises, instead of depresses.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I believe we defiantly have the technology today. To recycle everything and have a complete closed loop system where everything gets recycled.I don't support depolarization.
edit on 29-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm just saying that for instance the heat pump was regarded as a free energy device. We have them today and they save a lot of money,but its not a free energy device. I do believe technology's exist today that are being kept from us are out there. Did any of you're experiments pan out?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Its not a problem , its a challenge. Its one we will meet headon and eventualy overcome. I think the "problem" is to many super rich people owning all the best land.

Don't forget using and wasting a massive amount of resources and destroying the environment.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
The problem is NOT the population. It's the corporate interests that evade efforts to clean things up, get dispensations, and otherwise avoid or ignore Our efforts to keep things clean. The corporations that hide and suppress better tech.
-
If We distributed food based on need and not profit, We would not see what We see today: supermarkets throwing out hundreds of thousands of tons of food a month while People starve. We would see all of Us fed. Easily. In fact, it is estimated by some that We could feed 10 times the number We presently have. But even if We presume half of that, We could feed five times what We presently have to feed on this planet.
-
So... Don't call it a "population" problem. Call it a corporo-distribution problem.

Exactly. The problem is wasted resources not overpopulation.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by enament

Your understanding of simple economics and the context of the word "growth" is quite laughable. Your viewpoint would make Stalin proud, comrade.

This great comment will be lost on many....but i for one love it!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I wouldn't want to disagree with anyones opinion that there are too many people in the world. Therefore I can't help but wonder why the ones that are so concerned about the problem don't help alleviate the problem. I will agree with them whole heartedly we need to reduce the population and the first that should lead the way are the ones so concerned. The world will appreciate those who are pushing depopulating the earth the honor of being the first in line and don't forget your family. I am sure that they are as concerned about their civic duty as well. Oh I am sorry its us you want to stand in line to be the first to disappear for good of mankind. I got confused for a moment. You meant we were overpopulating and making it uncomfortable for your enjoyment of empty beaches just for you, vast wilderness just for you, All the luxury just for you. Doesn't sound as if there are too many people just too much greed just by you..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm very familiar with Tesla's work I'm a huge fan,I've read and watched countless documentary on him. What that man did for man kind (man unkind) is horrendous and most people don't even know his name,its a real shame

I think if we used the best alternative energy device Tesla had to offer we would be way more further ahead as a civilization today than we are now. How far advanced would we be if all his ideas were used not to mention all the ideas he took to the grave?
I wonder how having vastly cheap sources of energy would do to a population would we bread like rabbits of would we maintain a constant population who knows?
It scares me to think what might become of this planet when our population doubles at our rate there will be little left to save, the earth will be a dead wasteland.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

My point is if the governments think the populations are getting too big then why are they encouraging growth at the same time? I think there are humans out there that shouldn't be breading we all know who those people are but there are other ways other than killing people that can reduce numbers.Without trampling on someones human rights.And I do agree we could live sustainably on this earth but right now were not.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

Yea I thought it was laughable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join