It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA employees diagnosed with cancer, naked body scanners to blame.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Phage, you should balance your source material, at least occasionally, with credible people that question the conventional wisdom put forth by a corporate run establishment. You seem intelligent enough to be balanced.

SirClem, you should do and provide some research of your own if you wish to refute what I offer.
edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

How Terahertz Waves Tear Apart DNA
A new model of the way the THz waves interact with DNA explains how the damage is done and why evidence has been so hard to gather

www.technologyreview.com...

kinda like the way I can make nails fall out of the woodwork on the third floor while turning up the bass to the stacks on the ground floor when I am doing live sound for a pink floyd band in an old hotel bar

63 hertz exactly for my favourite hotel in my home town

say, any one remember when the found a whole bunch of radiation machines in the heath care biz in the US were improperly calibrated and they were giving people radiation poisoning?..accidentally...making some extra business.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I feel for the people that must travel.

TSA agents?

good enough for'em.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

My point is this. What the hell good are they?
They are feeling up your children. Are you happy with that?
Let me ask you this. What do you NOT feel comfortable with when it comes to insuring your "security"? Do you feel comfortable with the TSA stopping your church bus and performing a strip search? If that seems a bit extreme to you, YOU cannot complain because I might not feel safe unless they are allowed to.
Fear is a tool, and it sells a lot of hardware paid for by YOU. Scared you.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

"Up to 10% of childhood cancers are caused by radiological examination during pregnancy."---(Prof. R. Doll, Nature, Vol. 265, 1977, page 589.)

from the link in my above post
www.whale.to...

gotta love something that makes its own sauce

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I offer you ATS, which is probably as good a source as yours.
TSA employees diagnosed with Cancer

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

While I don't share your religious beliefs I have to say from a readers perspective what I took away from this post is that you do not like Muslims and you want there to be a war so the prophecy you believe in can come true.

My references:

OK, so Iran has announced to the world that they have PERMANENT underground missile silos

Why the caps for the word permanent? Many countries have permanent underground silos, why can't Iran? They have as much right as the U.S, Israel or anyone else to have military weapons.

You quote an article that states:

putting Israel, U.S. bases in the Gulf region and parts of southeastern and eastern Europe within reach.

Iran is not going to bomb the US or Eastern Europe so articles like that make such statements are for hyperbole more so than trying to be factually accurate.

I do not know enough about your religions background or history to follow your scripture analysis or follow the names of nations to their past, sorry.

You then state;

they been trying to do it since Israel became a nation - again - in 1948

Some have been trying to destroy Israel, as Israel has tried to destroy other middle eastern nations since 1948. I am not sure why you left that distinction out since it is relevant and important. Israel is not an innocent child standing alone in the dark forest. Israel has contributed to the destruction of it's neighbors as much as it has received.

I agree that money, power and oil are the reason behind much misery in the middle east and globally.
You then claim:

most likely by one of Israel's nuclear weapons
Israel refuses to admit they have nuclear weapons and refuse to join the IAEA.
You complain of hidden missile silos in Iran and look favorably on Israels use of a nuclear weapon as prophesied in the Bible? That seems pretty darn one sided.

And there really can't be much more of an anti Muslim statement then;

Having had their butts handed to them in this war, the Muslim world will be in NO position to make demands of Israel, especially with many of their capitol cities laying in ashes and glowing like a child's chemical wristband from the nuclear firestorm Israel will unleash once they are surrounded by their enemies and are threatened with total annihilation. "Never Again" indeed.

So, while I am in no position to really discuss the validity of claim because of my own ignorance regarding your religion (thanks for the post and info though) I do have a question.

Do you want there to be an attack on Israel so they can use nuclear weapons in the middle east and do you think this will cause the prophesies in your religion to come to pass?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Yes. I read it. Did you?
Did you notice the dates of the emails?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well that is what a millimeter wave does, it rips up the DNA causing all kinds of problems.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Childhood occurs quite a while after pregnancy but that's one reason why prenatal radiological examinations are very rarely done.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
TSA get cancer. pay back.
TSA sue the ideots who started it. pay back.

but they may just pay them off out of court.
its only the peoples money...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I guess I'm glad that my application is still on hold with the TSA

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

There is a clip somewhwre(prob hidden or deleted) that shows a TSA employee,in Detroit I think it was, pawing people and saying,over and over,"Ive got the power"....poetic justice if she is one who gets "The Power"....a tumor in her brain would be nice

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
TSA employees diagnosed with cancer, naked body scanners to blame?? My question is - if the BODY SCANNER PUTS SOME CLOTHES ON WILL THAT STOP THE CANCER??

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Childhood occurs quite a while after pregnancy but that's one reason why prenatal radiological examinations are very rarely done.

sure
but it shows one type of damage one can expect from radiation type scanning machinery..
since if the TSA machines are doing the unzipping type damage
10 percent of the people involved
is a lot of people

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Body scanner = $170,000 X 1800 = $306,000,000
3550 additional staff to run machines (3 per) = $220,000,000

Grand total @ $526,000,000

1,800 trained sniffer dogs = $14,400,000
1,800 handlers at same rate as machine drones = $111,549,295 (That's $61K+ a year!)

Grand total @ $124,949,295

Chance of catching cancer from a machine = Quite possible
Chance of catching cancer from a dog = 0

Your tax dollar at work.

Common sense, and basic math. Safer too.

Now, remember the OP? NIST Said these machines were safe.
We all trust NIST, right?

Follow the money.
Who makes huge amounts of money from these machines?
Which politicians did these companies lobby to get these machines in?
Who told NIST they were safe?
Who will be accountable if these machines are shown to cause cancer? (Rhetorical: Nobody, of course. That was all taken care of during the lobbying process)

Keeping you "safe" is keeping you poor, but making someone rich.
Has that ever happened before?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You are misreading the statistic. It does not say that 10% of children exposed got cancer. It says that up to 10% of childhood cancers were caused by radiation. In 1977 (the year of the statistic) the childhood cancer rate in children (1-14) was 11.5 per 100,000. 10% of that is 1.1 per 100,000. In 1977 that would be 37 of the children born that year. That is not a lot of people.
www.cancer.gov...

TSA uses two types of scanners. One uses millimeter waves, the other x-rays. What is being discussed here is the x-ray backscatter machines (ionizing radiation).

The millimeter wave scanners operate at microwave frequencies, non-ionizing radiation. Gigahertz, not terahertz. Like a cell phone.

edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ha ha!!!

2nd
3rd
4th
5th

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
So the naked body scanners are not safe... Our government lied to us??? I’m in shock.

edit on 28-6-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Man I totally am!!!
I'm sorry to hear that about the employees, but maybe the TSA and the government will get their heads out of the collective asses and do something to make the situation BETTER. I have an idea, repeal the Patriot Act. I felt just as safe then as I do now.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The TSA invades our bodies, cancer invades their bodies.
Karma.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join