It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm no chem-trail fanatic, but today when I stepped outside. . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Admittedly I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject of chem-trails, so cut me some slack. Today I saw a plane carrying a thick white trail, all of the sudden the trail stopped but the plane kept going. I've always been wary about them but haven't done much research, there's always someone saying something different about what they actually are and what is actually in them. I didn't see the point in asking anyone other than a scientist that has personally tested the clouds and trails. But I've seen it for myself and now I'm bit worried. Clouds aren't suppose to be this color. Anyone care to speculate or share some facts?

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 27-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't think there's anything suspicious here mate, I could be wrong but that looks to me like the cloud is reflecting the light from the sun.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yes, it's during sunset. No other explanation needed.

2nd

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Do a lilttle bit of research on educate-yourself.org they have massive amounts of information on this subject. To my knowledge, One conspiracy theory stated that they are using these chemitrials in heavily populated places like china and india to kill off a chunk of the population. But check out that website man it is REALLY helpfull.
edit on 27-6-2011 by MrKelly because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by MrKelly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
I don't think there's anything suspicious here mate, I could be wrong but that looks to me like the cloud is reflecting the light from the sun.

That's exactly what it is.. look at the clouds in the distance, the tops are the saaaame exact color, but the body of the cloud is normal .. it's just the sun setting off in the horizon
edit on 27-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yfactor1980
Yes, it's during sunset. No other explanation needed.

2nd

I don't know about you but the sun doesn't set at 4 pm here.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

That's exactly what it is.. look at the clouds in the distance, the tops are the saaaame exact color, but the body of the cloud is normal .. it's just the sun setting off in the horizon

I specifically took photos of the red clouds, all of the other clouds around them were white.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

The picture just looks like clouds - is it the right one?

Edit - OK - I see you wanted to show us the red ones - fair enuf.

well red clouds at night, shepherds (or sailors) delight, red skies in morning shepherds (or sailors) take warning is an old rhyme, but it has very good scientific principles underlying it - en.wikipedia.org...

You get red and (normal) white clouds sometimes when they are at different altitudes - so only the part of the cloud that is lower gets the red sunlight - those that are higher are still in "normal" white light because the sun is effectively higher in the sky for them. Those that are closer to the sun will still be getting "normal" white light too.

The dark underneath is because the bottom is now in shadow.

Uncinus has discussed broken and stop/start contrails on a couple of his pages -

contrailscience.com... and
contrailscience.com...

Basically the air is not homogenous - it is not the same everywhere. So a plane can fly from an area where conditions are such that contrails are supported to one where they are not - even without changing altitude.

Some types of cloud can illustrate waves in the air (long lines of cloud streets, and lenticular clouds are 2 examples).

And sometimes you can see clouds that have relatively well defined edges - so inside teh cloud conditinos are right for the cloud, outside they are not - the difference might only be 50 feet or less in some cases.

Same for contrails.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightInTwo

Originally posted by miniatus

I specifically took photos of the red clouds, all of the other clouds around them were white.

The clouds in the distance have bits of red and are all consistent with light coming from the sun.. It seems pretty obvious to me, and to others apparently.

The clouds at the lower part of the photo are distant and they still show the sun light / red color you're seeing..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Pretty sure it had nothing to do with light from the sun. I regret not taking a better picture. But I see how it looks that way. My father was over and said something about it having something to do with pollution. He's a very intelligent man, he would have told me if the clouds were reflecting the sun which they clearly weren't.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I just added two other pictures, I'd noticed I accidentally posted the same one twice.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Could be pollution too - sun shining through haze-heavy clouds also looks red - the effect is jsut sunlight scattering off particles in teh air - usually it is only at sunrise/sunset because that is when eth sun is shining through hundreds of Km of air and hence scattering off more particles than when it is overhead.

But if there's enough pollution you get red clouds long before those times.

volcanic ash can have the same effect.

Edit: But looking at your new photos they definitely look like sunrise/sunset - the dark cloud underneath and white cloud above are characteristics of that due to shadow and sunlight at different heights.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Pretty sure it had nothing to do with light from the sun. I regret not taking a better picture. But I see how it looks that way. My father was over and said something about it having something to do with pollution. He's a very intelligent man, he would have told me if the clouds were reflecting the sun which they clearly weren't.

I honestly can't see how it could be anything else.. and I'm not saying your father isn't intelligent but that doesn't make him correct, it's pretty clearly sun hitting the clouds. I can't imagine how a plane spraying chemicals can cause such a wide spread effect on it's own that creates some red clouds, some partially red clouds.. all over large distances, all disconnected .. and very consistent with how the sun light reflects off of clouds.. not only that but the color is consistent with sun

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I just added two other pictures, I'd noticed I accidentally posted the same one twice.

I saw, still looks exactly like what I'd expect to see with puffy clouds with the sun off in the distance.. in the second photo I still see more distant clouds getting the sun reflected off them with the same color.. the third pic seems to just show a mass of nearer clouds, but still looks like sun and strikingly similar to my example which is the sun for sure.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Edit: But looking at your new photos they definitely look like sunrise/sunset - the dark cloud underneath and white cloud above are characteristics of that due to shadow and sunlight at different heights.

Precisely.. the third pic looks most like my example which is definitely a sunset picture .. ( and was described as such when I found it )

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It was the middle of the day. . .

I didn't know if it had anything to do with chem-trails. I'd seen planes carrying thick white trails, the trails stopped but the planes kept going. I stepped outside a little later and some of the clouds were murky red, so I associated it with the trails I'd previously seen.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It was the middle of the day. . .

I didn't know if it had anything to do with chem-trails. I'd seen a planes carrying thick white trails, the trails stopped but the planes kept going. I stepped outside a little later and some of the clouds were murky red, so I associated it with the trails I'd previously seen.

4pm is certainly not middle of the day.. PS. The description of this next picture is "4PM Sunset sail cruise"

Note the color of the clouds affected by the sun light

Your photos don't look at all middle of the day, they look like mid to late evening which would be perfect timing for this sort of effect...

Edit: Where I live, I get off work at 4:30 and the sun is already going down this time of year, makes for some gorgeous skies on the trip home.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Um, the sun doesn't even begin to set until about 9 here. I promise it wasn't a sun set. and I don't see a description that says "4PM Sunset sail cruise".

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Um, the sun doesn't even begin to set until about 9 here. I promise it wasn't a sun set.

I'd ask what part of the world you're in but that's invasive.. it'd be easy to look up sun rise and sun set times.

We'll just have to agree to disagree I'm afraid.. for me it's pretty obvious what it is.. You're certainly allowed to think that it's chemtrails or pollution, neither of which make much sense given the spread .. but who needs logic?

Ps. for the record, the weather sites say the sun sets at 9:09pm and that is true, that is when the sun is finally going out of view.. but the sun is lower in the sky at 4:30 and starts making brilliant reds and oranges..

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

At some point in the year the sun sets at 4PM. Now is not one of those times.

That's an interesting picture, OP. Too bad you didn't take one with a better perspective. A picture of where the sun was currently at would've been nice as well. Because it looks exactly like clouds do at sunset.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join