It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm no chem-trail fanatic, but today when I stepped outside. . .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by miniatus

At some point in the year the sun sets at 4PM. Now is not one of those times.

That's an interesting picture, OP. Too bad you didn't take one with a better perspective. A picture of where the sun was currently at would've been nice as well. Because it looks exactly like clouds do at sunset.

Quite aware of that.. with the distribution and the fact the distant clouds have just parts of it, it's very consistent with a later evening photo where the sun is lower in the sky ( angled ) .. it could still be a few hours from actual sunset to create that effect... the sun SETS here at 9pm but is perfect for those colors from probably 4:30 to about 7:30 or 8pm.
edit on 27-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I know, I really wish I would have gotten better ones. I was in the middle of something but noticed them and snapped them pretty quickly. In the third one you can kind of see how 'dirty' the clouds look.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You've made your opinion very clear. Now you're just being an argumentative troll. I apologize for taking bad pictures. You weren't there, move along now.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

The 3rd one has shadow apparently on the top of the lower cloud (the photo looks like it is rotated 90 deg with the top to the right)

this would come about because there was another bank of cloud closer to the sun casting that shadow, but clear air beyond it so the sun can shine under it and illuminate the bottom of the cloud in the photo.

I see that sort of thing quite often with multiple cloud banks but a clear horizon.

However it is obviously the opposite of the 1st 2, wher the shadow is on the bottom and the red is above - that is what I expect of clear air to the sun and it having gone below the horizon, or perhaps the sun being above clouds closer to it but still low in the sky.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Oh please, you've got to be kidding me. They're photos, not problems to be multiplied to the tenth degree and divided by the constant of your social security number. I'm done, sorry my terrible photography was so offensive.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

huh? I was just explaining why some characteristics of the colouration between the photos could be different.

I never said anything about the quality of your photography - I have no great problem with it at all!

And laying into other respondants as trolls when they are being perfectly reasonable isn't particularly nice either.

Sorry you've got a chip on your shoulder

edit on 27-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It pretty interesting if it's not at sunset.

Possibly the clouds are in shadow from a far-distant cloud, far enough away that they are lit by diffuse light - similar to the way the moon goes orange in an eclipse. (just speculating though).

Here's another example:

www.atoptics.co.uk...

It's impossible to say for sure without more context.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

1: Contrails start and stop because the aircraft is flying through patches of air that don't support the formation of contrails (which has been stated).

2: Your clouds are that color because of "Rayleigh scattering" of sunlight... It is perfectly normal, and you should already know that if you have ever stepped outside before.

edit on 28-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Is there any particular reason the EXIF data seems to be missing from your images?
edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The OP obviously doesn't want to accept a conventional answer.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I'd seen planes carrying thick white trails, the trails stopped but the planes kept going. I stepped outside a little later and some of the clouds were murky red, so I associated it with the trails I'd previously seen.

OP, in your opening post you said you saw only one plane making a thick white trail, and in the above post you say "planes." Was it one or more? Because one of the contentions from the chemtrail camp is that these lines are made in patterns by numerous planes, not just one. If you just saw one plane, then it seems more likely to be a contrail....but that is just my opinion. I'm also basing that opinion on the fact that the pics you post are of fluffy clouds, and not the cirrus types that are consistent with contrails and/or those believed to be made from alleged chemtrail activity.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
umm....

It's clearly sunset I can see the sky darkening and reddening on the horizon in the first image.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Any particular reason why you just added me as a foe? Haha

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

You've taken negative comments on two of my posts and rubbed them in the best you could. I find it to be very annoying and kind of abrasive. I stumbled upon a reply to a thread post by you stating that you'd be bullied in the past, so I kind of see your motive. Don't worry, I forgive you. . but you're still my foe.

edit on 30-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow, ok.

I said:

I don't think there's anything suspicious here mate, I could be wrong but that looks to me like the cloud is reflecting the light from the sun

You came here looking for an explanation concerning the reddish clouds, and I politely responded with my opinion of what I thought it was, read what i said to you again, I don't really see anything that could be perceived as hostile in nature.

I later said:

I said this after you shot down every logical explanation from a bunch of posters who responded to your thread so i concluded that you didn't want a conventional answer which is a fair statement to make. I don't think I was being rude but I'm sorry if you were offended.

Out of curiosity though, what did i rub in?

I stumbled upon a reply to a thread post by you stating that you'd be bullied in the past, so I kind of see your motive. Don't worry, I forgive you. . but you're still my foe

Aye, I've been abused in the past, but I've never bullied anyone.

Feel free to think of me as your foe but know that I have no hostile feelings towards you, none what so over.

Peace

edit on 30-6-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow

You know, I've been here since 2008 and most often times, this is why I don't respond to a lot of threads unless I'm in the mood to argue on the internet - people like the OP want to believe they've got something special and when people bring logical, reasonable and intelligent responses to the table they're then labeled as 'trolls'

As far as the pictures are concerned, just because the sun hasn't yet completely set out of view doesn't mean it isn't setting - even at 4:30pm. Yes, after 12, the sun makes it descent towards the horizon, and as it does it turns the clouds all kinds of pretty colours. You yourself stated that you're not very knowledgeable about chemtrails, and people here are kindly telling you what you've captured with your camera. A sunset in progress. That is all.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

I never said you bullied anyone, I said that you'd been bullied.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes I'm aware that it looks like a sunset. I didn't get good pictures. After looking at it a little more it wasn't worth posting or arguing about. Anyone would say it looks like a sunset, but it truly is not. It was difficult for me to see at first, because I was actually outside and saw that it clearly wasn't. But you're right, it appears to be a sunset. I apologize for mindlessly trying to argue my case.

It happened again and I found out that it had nothing to do with 'chem-trails'. It's from pollution, and I also found out there's some sort of factory near by. Sometimes things aren't really what they seem, as atsers you should all know that by now. But you're welcome to believe whatever you want to of course. I'm not going to be posting in this thread anymore because I found out what I needed to. Take care.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join