It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may be on the verge of a major geological event in the South Pacific

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Again, no fear mongering - please read the article and facts for yourself. This is yet another area I've been watching very closely . Let's not forget what happened there in 2004 and there is a bigger supervolanoe than Yellowstone lurking in the vicinity:

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Stressed out: on the verge of a major geological event in the Pacific?
Posted on June 26, 2011 by The Extinction Protocol

June 26, 2011 – Are we on the verge of an event in the South Pacific? We’ve seen a staggering number of signs in the last few days indicating major change may be unfolding. The Indo-Australian Plate is a major tectonic plate that includes the continent of Australia and surrounding ocean, and extends northwest to include the Indian subcontinent and adjacent waters. Recent studies suggest that the Indo-Australian Plate may be in the process of breaking up into two separate plates due primarily to stresses induced by the collision of the Indo-Australian Plate with Eurasia along the Himalayas which is pushing the mountain range up. The two protoplates or subplates are generally referred to as the Indian Plate and the Australian Plate. We have reason to believe we’re now seeing more evidence of that and feel we could be on the eve of witnessing major earthchanges to land masses in the South Pacific. The recent series of events in the last 24 hours indicates the nature of the rapid geological processes that may already be unfolding which could change the face of the South Pacific forever. ..............

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wasnt there supposes to be a meteor coming on the 27th that was to be about 7500 miles away from earth that was just recently discovered. Wonder if that will have any implications today.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Flores region, indonesia just had two 5.8 earthquakes within the last two hours.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a catastrophic geological shift huh? check this out, Weather Channel front page..

www.weather.com...

Don't buy a house in california any time soon

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath
Again, no fear mongering - please read the article and facts for yourself.

Except the 'facts' aren't facts at all, such as this tidbit:

When we add the thousands of tectonic earthquakes which have struck Christchurch New Zealand, along the transform boundary of the Alpine Fault,

Source from OP link.

The Christchurch earthquakes aren't along the Alpine Fault. If they can't get that right, what else is wrong?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
the christchurch quakes are less than 300km from the alpine fault so i would guess that the 7500 plus quakes since september last year will be putting stress on the alpine fault.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath
Again, no fear mongering - please read the article and facts for yourself.

Except the 'facts' aren't facts at all, such as this tidbit:

When we add the thousands of tectonic earthquakes which have struck Christchurch New Zealand, along the transform boundary of the Alpine Fault,

Source from OP link.

The Christchurch earthquakes aren't along the Alpine Fault. If they can't get that right, what else is wrong?

It's probably just an error, but regardless of what faultline those christchurch quakes have been happening on it's still a fact regarding the number of EQ's thave have struck that region since last fall.

We are living in interesting times - and natural disasters seem to be accelerting at a very rapid pace ever since the Japan disaster unfolded in March. To deny this is foolish.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
To deny it is to accept that there is better reporting of natural hazards, better monitoring and more people living on borderline land (as our population grows).

At this stage there seems to be no, or very little connection between the Christchurch earthquakes and the Alpine Fault. We are not seeing increased activity along the Alpine Fault.

If it is "probably just an error" how many other errors are there?

edit on 27-6-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think you may be reading that wrong. I don't think he is saying that Christchurch is on the fault at all...I think he adding all the places together.

When we add the thousands of tectonic earthquakes which have struck Christchurch New Zealand,(COMMA - full stop) along the transform boundary of the Alpine Fault, (COMMA - full stop) and the escalating seismic activity in the Tonga-Kermadec Arcs into the mix; we can construct a compelling circumstantial case that major geological transformation in this region of the world appears to be accelerating.

Punctuation is important.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes , punctuation is...important.
However, I don't see an increase overall, just better reporting systems and more active interest from ley people.

Also, there is no increase of activity along the Alpine Fault.

edit on 27-6-2011 by aorAki because: punk chew asian

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That's only your personal speculation which is fine, but how much of an increace in frequency of earthquakes do we need to have happen before we shift our argument from : "It's just better reporting systems and the human population has spread out more" to "We have a serious issue here, something is increasing their frequency and we need to be more alert to actively researching the direct cause of this increase"?

I just feel (and this is my own personal speculation) that we are starting to see an increase even relative to last year. I don't believe that mankind has spread out that much more within the timeframe of 1 year and I don't believe our technology for measuring earthquakes has increased substantially in that short timeframe to explain this level of increase in quake frequency.

Also, I can concede that the MSM is picking up on the quake feeding frenzy a lot more this year than in the past to increase awareness, but that doesn't change the figures the MSM are quoting regarding the frequency increas in quakes around these hotspots like Christchurch etc..

To re-state my initial statement in this reply-post, I feel that the excuse of population spread and MSM picking up on it more now than in the past as well as new technologies for recording more accurate quake activity. I just don't think those excuses will remain valid much longer if things continue down the path they are and am wondering what the rest of the community feel is a valid tipping point where we shift our stance from.. the above mentioned excuses to a perspective that says, "we need to figure out the cause of this increase because a definite increase is happening and it's not just MSM, population or technology increasing that is giving us the illusion of an increase"

This isn't a fear based post but more a question / curiousity of opinion that's been floating around in my head as I've read a lot more posts relating to this type of thing more recently.

(as always appologies for any typo's or bad spelling - am at work and have to rush these thoughts out into text as fast as I can so I can still have a job.. and well, I won't lie, I'mnot the best speller in the world haha.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Please delete - I get odd errors that make this thing double post on me
edit on 27-6-2011 by JaxCavalera because: Please delete this post I can't see any delete post button sorry - the browser IE9 seems to double post on me all the time it's really frustrating :s

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
S & F

I find this rather interesting....

I'm thinking this may be the mega quake event that we are discussing in the other thread.

So much evidence toward this!!! Wow.....such interesting times

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxCavalera
That's only your personal speculation which is fine,

Actually no, it's not speculation. It's based on conversations with people who work with local and national tectonics, such as: Dr Quigs, Professor Pettinga, Dr Nobes, Professor Furlong and they would know better than near anybody (other than a few of the IGNS people who also agree with them). So no, it's not speculation at all.

What is possible and probable is a major rupture of the Alpine Fault, seeing as it is 'overdue'. This is no secret and has been known about for years. During the September Christchurch earthquake, at first I thought it was the Alpine Fault, as did many others.

I still stand by the 'better reporting/monitoring' statement and recommend you stop by the 'quake watch' thread where there is excellent work being undertaken.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So because there have been large earthquakes along known fault lines, that means the Indo-Australian plate is going to split up?

Oh and it's because the plates have been colliding that it's happening, forget about the fact that it's been doing that for the last 50 million years...

This bit is called shotgunning:

A 5.4 earthquake struck Northern Queensland on April 16 and a 100 meter-wide section of the beach dropped into the Pacific just yesterday

Making connections where none exist.

Not fear mongering?

Bit hard when the source is called the extinction protocol!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxCavalera

There will never be a valid tipping point. The sky could be raining hotdogs and the sun could be baying at the moon, and a lot of people would still insist that nothing is amiss.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I was meaning speculation relating to the concept that it's an increase in media and population spread. In my head that was stated but I just realised that the post I made was a bit vague as I didn't specify directly that this was all I was referring to as speculation. Thanks for those links, looking forward to checking them out and feeding on some more data to gain a better informed perspective on this.

I personally don't trust the MSM and I don't really trust a lot of obviously well funded "information" websites due to the fact that funding has to always come from somewhere and unless it's ran by a very rich selfless person, the chances that they are 100 percent objective about the data being released is very unlikely.

It's like Microsoft hiring someone to report on their latest OS and the reporter saying.. it's rubbish and a waste of money - I just don't see that ever happening...

But yeah I'll take a peek but take the data like a grain of salt if that's the expression

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
reply to post by JaxCavalera

There will never be a valid tipping point. The sky could be raining hotdogs and the sun could be baying at the moon, and a lot of people would still insist that nothing is amiss.

this is what really has me concerned, that there is no certain way to know of a valid tipping point. The thing is, no one wants to initiate fear as no decent person wishes to be labeled a fear mongerer (if that's how you spell it). Unless we can post tangible results backing our suspicions, fear of the unknown is all we create right? But is it really wrong to publish our suspicions as long as we clearly state that they are just suspicions pending evidentual proof?

I guess I'm tired of seeing posts shot down relating to this topic all because no certain tipping point criteria seem to be identifiable.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'll believe that the Christchurch events are "normal", when someone can show me a comparable 7.1 earthquake anywhere in the world, that has generated over 7500 aftershocks, on multiple faults, in a 9 month period!

I grew up on the West Coast of the South Island (New Zealand), and experience many earthquakes during the 60's, including the 1968 Inangahua 7.1 quake, which generated less than 600 aftershocks during the next 12 months. In fact we hardly even noticed them after about 2 months, yet 9 months on in Christchurch we are getting seriously rattled by dozens per day???

There's something going on and I have no doubt (nor do many others that I've spoken with), that we are very likely to have another 6 to 7 mag quake, close to the city, in the coming months.

There are fault lines all over the place.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Given that two of the ten most powerful earthquakes of all time have happend in the last sixteen months...I tend to think that indicates something is up. Yes, we monitor more closely. Yes, there is more news coverage. But that doesn't mean that more isn't happening. I think that is something we tell ourselves that is getting quickly outdated. I am also not totally freaking out just yet. But, I am paying attention.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join