It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient "Solar Boat" Unearthed at the Giza Pyramids (Pics)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

In some ways I could almost agree but look at where we are now in present time and how much we have forgotten from ancient times. From what I gather there are mysteries that still baffle scientific minds to date. I do like the possibility that perhaps there was an advance culture prior and that they were lost some how to the woorld and what they left behind was found by new migrants to the lands. Thanks for posting this. I had never heard of solar boats and the purpose they served.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by CaptChaos

On the contrary, the Egyptians were definitely seafaring. We have found seafaring and naval vessels from the reign of Sahure and Hatshepsut, just to name a few. I think the big question is, How far did they wander? South America? North America?

5th Dynasty 2458-2446 BCE Ancient Ships...
edit on 6/27/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

If you want to know just how far, not many people know about this, but I used to live near there.
Ancient Egyptian Link with Australia
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86d480b3acfb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

I must admit to being rather curious as to whether there are other pyramids on the surfaces of any of the other planets in our solar system. Perhaps they will be constructed by different materials. I suspect we will only find out provided the people who want the past kept right away from us oiks don't influence stellar archaelogy when it happens.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The pyramids were built as a noah's ark. It was built to withstand a major cataclysm such as another flood. We have these things now incase something happens such as seed banks and deep underground bases housing earth records. We did the same thing thousands of years ago. Its possible that the modern Egyptian did stumble upon the pyramids rather than having them build it.

Maybe the the word "after life" is a poor translation and really meant "after the destruction, flood, or cataclysm ". After the cataclysm settled they can return to the area and have many things saved such as records, boats, grains, seeds and tools. Their records etched in stone which has been proven to last the test of time. It all comes together.

I personally think that back then they were not too different from us. The only reason we would build something like that is to last a long time for the future to use it and not for some temporary short term afterlife assumption hoping one will return in the after life and would need a disassembled boat. Was this king supposed to rebuild in the afterlife? makes no sense. Its poetic as well as pathetic what mainstream archaeology comes up with.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

The Great Pyramid (the Pyramid of Khufu, or Cheops in Greek) at Gizeh, Egypt, demonstrates the remarkable character of its placement on the face of the Earth. The Pyramid lies in the center of gravity of the continents. It also lies in the exact center of all the land area of the world, dividing the earth's land mass into approximately equal quarters.
www.world-mysteries.com...

If the modern egyptian built the pyramids then why no history of it. Why would they remove the outer casing to build mosques and the city? Why destroy it? It seems that the dynasty claimed to have built the pyramids vanished and the pyramids became lost and buried not to mention the possibility that another race built it before Kufu's dynasty and vansihed as well.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Always love a good Pyramid story, Thank Anon.

I will agree with you on the craftsmanship. I know the boat is thousands of years old and the wood is warped, but if you look at the bow line, the wood is haphazardly carved, no straight lines.

Tell me that they can incorporate the Golden Ratio into the pyramid to perfection in solid granite, but they cant carve a straight line in this very important boat. Yeah right.

Wake up people, the big three were there thousands of years before and the rest WERE copied but never to the tolerances of the originals.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
What facts?

Great post, with some very insightful information. But none, and I mean none of it was factual. You must be able to differentiate fact from opinion. Just because some guy you trust told you so, doesn't make it factual information. Thanks for the read though, it was most definitely interesting.

Cheers,
Strype

I explained the theory relating to some finds in the area. The man was not alone when he found the wine ewer. I've known some of those people for many years now. And I've seen the evidences of his grand, and great-grand Father's meticulous recording of the area prior to and during early settlement when they lived part time with the native Gubbi-Gubbi tribe as "Shining Ones".. due to their skin colour and saving a native by from the floods. His great-grand father worked for BP and was searching for minerals before settlement when he saved the boy.

If you scroll down This Page you'll see some photocopies of original diary entries from this early white man to the area. The ones of most interest are of the ruins found before the site was demolished by god-fearing settlers.

I have seen these diaries myself, although I did not touch them, Brett showed me through the most interesting records. I know these to be facts. I'm telling people about them so they may see for themselves what isn't mainstream information from here... or anywhere else.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Tayesin because: the usual

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Klassified

Definitely they were not "seafaring." Just look at the actual picture for the reconstructed boat. The boat is made for shallow waters. The smallest of ocean waves could sink that thing. Even the rudders are very tiny. It doesn't look like they'd move much water with them being so thin and narrow.

I'm no expert on egyptology. (Obviously, since Slayer had to remind me of the obvious.) And I'm certainly no expert on seafaring vessels. But I've read enough books, articles, and papers to know the Egyptians were definitely seafaring people. The only question is to what extent. As some have mentioned herein, maybe even Australia.

Whether or not this particular vessel was made for the long haul, I don't know.
edit on 6/28/2011 by Klassified because: reword

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Love the avatar.

Tayesin also mentioned Australia. You might want to check out the link he posted. I'll be looking at both of your links. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'm not sure if I'm dead on here, but I remember reading in 'the ancient secret of the flower of life' that there was supposed to be a ship sitting beneath the Giza pyramids, some kind of mystical ship. This is an amazing find, and i was really happy to see your thread, but I can't imagine that this could be it, doesn't seem very mystical...

Personally I'm just counting the seconds until they explore that cave system under the Giza plateau, I'm totally convinced that the halls of amenti are there, if we have something solid for the existence of Atlantis there is no telling where archeology will be able to lead us. Star and Flag from me mate, nice work.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Some scientists actually tested this, they constructed a boat made from the precise materials and boat building methods as the Egyptians. They then sailed this boat successfully to South America, only took around 2 weeks apparently. So yes, they were definitely 'sea faring'....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I dig the ancient astronaut theory personally. It does appear that the Ancient Egyptians stumbled upon the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx and adopted a culture and made it their own.

The question remains. Who built these amazing megalithic structures that would be near on impossible to recreate even with today's technology?

My money is still on extra terrestrials or an extremely advanced ancient civilisation. One of the likes of Atlantis.

So many questions, so little answers!

S+F

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

Also S&F for the OP.

However, I choose to use the Principle of Occam's Razor - simplest solution is the most likely one - to come up with that it is the simplest solution, therefore most likely what the archeologists say it is. Next simplest solution would be other ancient advanced civilizations predating the Egyptians. Last and seemingly most unlikely is that some ET's managed to invent faster than light travel.
edit on 6/28/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hi mate,
Thanks for the link.

There's some very contentious things said on that page that show little understanding, and I was immediately annoyed by the manipulation of information by someone who is not aware of all the facts.

Mr R. Gilroy heard about the "pyramid" site others had been looking into and flew up to claim it.. loudly.. in the Media.

What is being referred to as the Pyramid was a Ritual Hill well before any Chinese market gardeners used it's slopes and rock-built pathway.. imagine Glastonbury Tor before the arrival of roman occupation and it's religion... so with a large ring of standing stones and central altar on top of the hill. The two upright entrance stones leading to the ascending path had very peculiar carvings on them which you find an image of on the Dhamurian Website home page's border decoration.

There is a picture on the page you linked to showing some statues on a flat carved ledge. These items were nowhere near the ritual hill site and where found much later than the ritual hill.

Interestingly the local tribes called the area, "Land of the Spider People".. possibly due to the giant South American spider depicted on the entrance stone.

A photograph does exist of something similar at the ritual hill site, only larger and far more detailed .. before it's demolition. The picture was taken on a Box Brownie Camera by the man who was paid in the 1930's to dynomite and push everything into the inner "temple" area to stop cows getting stuck in the tunnel. It was taken before starting work, and shows a large flat, carved platform with two highly detailed carved statues in front of a fairly ornate tunnel entrance.

I interviewed the old man back around 1999/2000 and sighted his original Box Brownie Photo.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia is nothing like fruity lexia

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Hi mate,
Thanks for the link.

There's some very contentious things said on that page that show little understanding, and I was immediately annoyed by the manipulation of information by someone who is not aware of all the facts.

Mr R. Gilroy heard about the "pyramid" site others had been looking into and flew up to claim it.. loudly.. in the Media.

What is being referred to as the Pyramid was a Ritual Hill well before any Chinese market gardeners used it's slopes and rock-built pathway.. imagine Glastonbury Tor before the arrival of roman occupation and it's religion... so with a large ring of standing stones and central altar on top of the hill. The two upright entrance stones leading to the ascending path had very peculiar carvings on them which you find an image of on the Dhamurian Website home page's border decoration.

There is a picture on the page you linked to showing some statues on a flat carved ledge. These items were nowhere near the ritual hill site and where found much later than the ritual hill.

Interestingly the local tribes called the area, "Land of the Spider People".. possibly due to the giant South American spider depicted on the entrance stone.

A photograph does exist of something similar at the ritual hill site, only larger and far more detailed .. before it's demolition. The picture was taken on a Box Brownie Camera by the man who was paid in the 1930's to dynomite and push everything into the inner "temple" area to stop cows getting stuck in the tunnel. It was taken before starting work, and shows a large flat, carved platform with two highly detailed carved statues in front of a fairly ornate tunnel entrance.

I interviewed the old man back around 1999/2000 and sighted his original Box Brownie Photo.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia is nothing like fruity lexia

wow its scary that you mention "Land of the Spider people" this is earily similar to a ancient story passed down from generation to generation about the native american Navajo people. The Navajo people refer to a woman...well they actually refer to her as the "spider woman" who taught them beauty and balance in the mind body and soul. There is other ancient cultural references to spider people or renditions of that. then you have the ancient chinese of the woman coming down to teach them beauty (similar to navajo). this is really creepy in a sense that who were really the ancients? more and more points to giant humaniods or some other different races maybe? heres the link on the navajo people about the "spider woman"
discovernavajo.com...discovernavajo.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Researcher William Henry thinks these boats are symbolic of travel through a wormhole

Here is osiris star walking or surfing on his boat of eternity...

Apparently the gods told them or showed them how they traveled there (to Egypt) and they just copied the wormhole symbol or something and integrated into their own boats, perhpas in hopes it'll mimic the abilities of the gods boats.

edit on 27-6-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

What an amazing idea. My limited imagination would have never connected the dots like this, and while it remains speculative, I can appreciate it nonetheless. By far one of the more interesting posts in this thread. Hope to see more contribution on this subject!

*Starred*

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I thought that the phoenecians were the great sea farers./ If you don't class them as Egyptians you can certainly class them as near neighbours. there is evidence from Heroditus that these may have sailed across the equator and possibly around the Cape of Good Hope / South Africa [Heroditus mentions that they claimed to have seen the sun rising from a different direction - but he did not understand the significance -my Heroditus is a little rusty]

Anyway, agree that there is something odd about the great pyramids being built and their height only being surpassed three thousand years later in the 19th Century by the Eiffel Tower. It is not just the sheer building but the simple fact that people had time to build these, a sophisticated society.

For what it is worth, 50 years ago we had numerous societies/tribes around the world with different levels of sophistication, less so today. Also why should it surprise anyone that technology gets "lost" through time. There have been many inventions by the Greeks and Romans [Greeks had a steam powered toy] that was lost and refound.

Although I do agree that a society like Egypt does not spring up overnight. Can you simply manufacture a society as complex as the Egyptians with its beliefs and structure in society or would this have to be organic growth?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Excellent post. Could you elaborate on this. Kinda lost me. Thanks in advance.

Although I do agree that a society like Egypt does not spring up overnight. Can you simply manufacture a society as complex as the Egyptians with its beliefs and structure in society or would this have to be organic growth?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight

Anyway, agree that there is something odd about the great pyramids being built and their height only being surpassed three thousand years later in the 19th Century by the Eiffel Tower. It is not just the sheer building but the simple fact that people had time to build these, a sophisticated society.

It was all down to the Nile Delta, and how incredibly fertile it was (and is). The Egyptian empire found itself awash with huge quantities of food, that didn't require the entire population to spend their working lives securing it. Which resulted in a vast population explosion, and lead to a whole bunch of people having a lot of spare time on their hands.

Which is how the manpower was available to build the pyramids.

And as I'm sure others have already observed, there is nothing that special or unique about the technology required to build the pyramids, we could easily build them today, the limiting factor is manpower. And how expensive manpower is.

But to the Egyptians? Manpower was cheap and disposable.

Sorry, taking off my Egyptology hat. It just baffles me to hear people say the pyramids display amazing technology beyond the ken of the Egyptian people. The Egyptians were an intelligent civilisation, they were easily capable of building the pyramids.

To address the question though, the Egyptian civilisation didn't spring up overnight, it has a pretty long and complex pre-history, and it can be seen as an organic growth out of the peoples who lived in the region. I think, as mentioned above, that the catalyst for their great success was the food supply issue.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

I have always been fascinated to a degree with that thought regarding pyramids on other planets as well. I remember the whole alleged sighting of one on Mars back in the day. I have never believed it to be true but what if it were.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

When I was in Egypt last autumn there was discussion about this solar boat. At the time, an archeologist we met with said it would never be exhumed because of the accelerated deterioration caused by exposing it to air. But so much has changed there since last October....who knows....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join