It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the human race blown its chance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To prove that it is a compasionate and loving race to all life forms and the universe. All I see is lies, destruction,misery and greed. What happened to our species, how did we become so intoleratable. Was it globalisation? The Media? External influences? I for one am ashamed of being a human, we have no regard for each other of the world around us. all we do is destroy everything we touch, Civilization is not worth the cost we pay for it, we were far more tollerable when we were living out of caves in harmony with nature, not in cities at war with nature.

One day we will wake up and realise that we have destroyed this world for our children and for that we are selfish.

I await the day that I see some human compassion so far out of the ordinary on a grand scale that it will convince me that the human race is in fact worthy of the opportunities that we have been given by being granted life.

I am not saying everybody is bad but I am saying that collectivly we must resemble some sort of terminal desease on the planet that is out of control.

Thats all I have to say.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Well, like you said, it isn't everyone. But definitely the majority - they get wrapped up in certain 'human traits' that we all have - selfishness, greed, etc. but it comes in varying degrees I believe. Some definitely give into these emotions more than others. Unfortunately those are the ones that usually wield the most power.

I'm with you brother, I await the day that everything fails, when SHTF as they say, and you and I can sit back and basically say "I told you so" to those that just have it all wrong.

I personally feel it's only a matter of time before the world gets turned upside down and masses realize that they had it all wrong all along.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm hoping all of the evil people are destroyed in an "end of the world" scenario, and us good folks can sit back and finally live in peace. It's really the best hope for this planet and humanity.
I think we've already reached the point of no return.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You haven't been looking to hard, have you? I see acts of compassion daily.

And sometimes, that involves the death of another human.

Welcome to life.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I never questioned the fact, my words were witnessing it on a grand scale. I do not think that the human race collectivly is capable of such compassion without an agenda behind it driving it.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Compassion is an individual feeling, a emotional one, not a collective one. You are correct that we should try to "feel" on a collective level, but it won't happen without teamwork and leadership.

I have told, and trained Soldiers in the past, not to run into a open field to help a fallen comrade who has been shot. Trying to help, and being shot dead, does not help the guy who is wounded. He is the bait.

Through teamwork and leadership, we take out the sniper and then help the guy.

That is a general analogy, but I believe it gets the point across.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
When did we become what? Hello! We are humans. We haven't become anything. We were always like this. We are animals. We have a duality. A good side and a bad side. For you to think that things have gotten worse is ignorant. Things have actually gotten better.

For example. In the past slavery used to be worldwide. Now it has almost completely disappeared in the west. Wars are much less also. In the past there were localised wars in nearly ever corner of the globe.

Those are just few of the examples of how the world is evolving. Also during the course of the day, countless acts of human kindness take place in the world but I you just decide to ignore those and believe that the only thing happening on earth is malevolent. SAD.

Slowly but surely we are evolving and learning how to deal and contain our demons. Nobody said we would be angels the moment we evolve from primates. Humans learn the best from making mistakes.

Humans are not bad. Humans are a duality. We are a young species. Of course we will do many mistakes. The older we get the wiser we get. Until then we will make mistakes and learn try to learn from them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanGI5

Well, like you said, it isn't everyone. But definitely the majority - they get wrapped up in certain 'human traits' that we all have - selfishness, greed, etc. but it comes in varying degrees I believe. Some definitely give into these emotions more than others. Unfortunately those are the ones that usually wield the most power.

I'm with you brother, I await the day that everything fails, when SHTF as they say, and you and I can sit back and basically say "I told you so" to those that just have it all wrong.

I personally feel it's only a matter of time before the world gets turned upside down and masses realize that they had it all wrong all along.

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'm hoping all of the evil people are destroyed in an "end of the world" scenario, and us good folks can sit back and finally live in peace. It's really the best hope for this planet and humanity.
I think we've already reached the point of no return.

I spit on you both man... You guys are what's wrong. No pride. To wish the death of billions of people just because humanity makes mistakes is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
We have always been like this and we never had a chance in the first place.

Enjoy the ride and don't worry about the destination.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Read history and/or talk to your grandparents. People have always been evil and done stupid, evil things.

What's changed is that technology has given us the ability to hurt each other on ever-bigger scales, more effectively and more efficiently.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I remember a story I think it was an episode of Star trek where the people had killing booths run by a computer a serten amount of people were killed in a computer war so each planet had enough resorses and they coule avoid real war .. we have always killed each other.we just have better equipment than stone aged man..we are learning but its a slow process but wipeing the slate clean and starting over wont work..because those that are left have the same traits.we will change and evolve but its going to take some time .I think we are worth saveing

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

just imagine
someday we'll have a president that uses the word "pwn"

top topics

join