It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I just found out that I have cancer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm writing this in the right area, or even why I'm writing this really. I guess maybe I just need to vent and maybe get some info from my ATS family.
But anyways, about a month ago, I started having nosebleeds. They were nothing serious at first, and I just attributed it to the hot, dry weather. We always have here in Louisiana. But then about 3 weeks ago I started having horrible headaches. Once again, I had to work quite a bit of hours and could not just call in for a stupid headache, so I took some headache medicine and went along my day as best as I could. Well, last Saturday, the pain had become unbearable. Aspirin, Ibuprofren, it didnt matter what I took, my head felt like it was going to go Supernova. I had my wife take me to the ER where they now say I have a mass in my sinus cavity thats as big as my thumb. It took 4 morphine shots, a Vicadin10, and 2 shots of something called Dextran? I think. To bring the pain under a manageable level. There is actually a more detailed account of all of this on a blog that my wife started for me if you would like to read more about it. Shes also set up a donations program there. (I know we're in a recession and all, but I feel there is no shame in asking, and anything at all to help me offset whats sure to be expensive tests and treatments would be very much appreciated.)

www.sinuscancer.blogspot.com...

I am going to get transfered to M.D. Anderson Monday morning to start undergoing treatment there. My head is kinda spinning from the suddenness of it all. A month ago, hell even just a few weeks ago I was feeling just fine and the biggest worry I had on my mind was getting my 4-wheeler running good so I could take it camping with me when I did finally get some time off. I'm staying strong as I possibly can, for myself and my family. They are really worried and I don't want them to think that I'm going to give up, not by a longshot. But I felt that I just wanted to ask all of you here at ATS to remember me in your prayers and your thoughts and to please send as much positive feelings my way as you can. I won't really know any more details until I talk to the doctors at the cancer hospitol, but any tips, advice, or stories that any of you have that are similiar to my situation can be shared with me on this thread. I would appreciate it. Thanks. God bless you all ATS.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good luck my friend. I highly recommend you get into meditating. My thoughts are with you.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
so you havent been diagnosed with cancer yet....your just assuming its cancer because there is a growth in your nasal cavity???

I didnt realize begging was allowed on here....you learn something new everyday i suppose]

EDIT: I read the blog and nowhere there does it say you have been diagnosed, just that a doctor is almost certain its cancer....without biopsies or any other evidence.

Might be an idea to change doctors....i wouldnt want to be told i had cancer if there was no evidence to prove without a doubt thats what i had.
edit on 26-6-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear this mate. I honestly can't imagine what you and your family are going through right now. There's a lot of 'unorthodox' ways of treating cancer, I seriously hope you'll check the below links out.

Burzynski: The Movie

You'll need uTorrent to actually download this documentary.

If there's anything at all I can do mate, please let me know.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My advice to you is to look at holistic cancer treatments in conjunction with western medicine.

www.cancerhopecenter.org...

www.mmshealthyforlife.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear your news I understand how cancer can turn ones life upside down. I have been living with brain cancer for nearly 10 years now. All I can recommend is you try not to let it get you down (easier said than done) and take trust in your the medical experts. If you don't trust them look for other opinions, but make sure you are being treated by people whom you trust. I try not to give advice as every persons case is different and people will handle these things in their own way, I'm sure you will handle it in your own way.

People sometimes say to me "oh your so brave",, but when it comes down to it, it's not about bravery it's about getting on with it, you have no choice in the matter.

i wish you all the best with your treatments. Being positive will definitely help you, but dont feel like there's something wrong if you find it hard to be positive. It wont always be easy and many of the times it's other people who want you to feel positive to make them feel more comfortable. Once again good luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Positive thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

Stay positive-I know a girl who had a orange sized sinus tumor that turned out not to be cancer.She had it taken out and is fine to this day.She started with massive headaches,thats how they found it.

Keep upbeat,and try to find an alternative to hammering so many painkillers.

Get on a healthy diet-cut out junk food and chemical crap.

best of luck to you.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hey

Hope you make a good recovery. Posted this www.abovetopsecret.com... there are some interesting threads in the Medical Section. Thoughts go to you and your wife.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
I'm very sorry to hear this mate. I honestly can't imagine what you and your family are going through right now. There's a lot of 'unorthodox' ways of treating cancer, I seriously hope you'll check the below links out.

Burzynski: The Movie

You'll need uTorrent to actually download this documentary.

If there's anything at all I can do mate, please let me know.

This is good advice and YouDeserveToKnow beat me to it. They are very expensive treatments though.
There is another video up of a man who drinks a cup of warm water with a tablespoon of baking soda a day who say this simple treatment cured him of cancer. He has quite a following of supporters and there is some medical evidence to support his claims since he did have a very aggressive cancer and now it is gone and has stayed away for years. If I can find the video I will (link below) but that was essentially the whole cure. Tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water each day. If I had cancer or even thought I did I would darn well try it. Somehow this change his bodies PH(?) or "climate" so the cancer cells were unable to survive and grow. Wish you well and good luck. A positive attitude will help as well and (sorry YDTK) a little prayer can't hurt.

Edit: www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with lymphoma about two and a half years ago at the age of 29. After successful treatment, including chemo and radiation I'm now in remission. I think I got over the initial shock of it by just pure denial. It was pretty far along when the doctors found it, I had three tumors with the largest located between my lungs. It was about eight inches long and five inches wide. Because of the size and location of the tumors I ended up with a wide array of permanent damage, including my lungs(52% capacity), the nerves in my chest, and scar tissue all thru my chest. I have had to accept my health will always be poor now, but I am still alive. To me having one small tumor would be a walk in the park, so just know there is plenty of hope for you to make a full recovery if that is in fact your diagnosis. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wishing you all the best and keep that fighting spirit always at hand.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well, the biopsy results are not totally concluded yet. But it is most definately cancer is what the pathologist said. It has not finished being stained to determine exactly what kind of cancer it is., but the amount of nuclei in the cells says its pobably cacinoma. And I was not trying to beg at all. Instead of retelling eveything on my wifes blog I simply linked it and said that any donations at all are absolutely welcome. Why the hostility there bud?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

Thank you very much for the link and the kind words bud. I'll check out the documentary as soon as I can.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think I totally understand what you are saying about other people wanting you to be positive to help them cope. I feel like I have to do it more for my family than for myself because I love them so much and want them not to worry about me. Thank you very much for the advice.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I wish I did not have to take all these painkillers, really I do. I'm the type of person who will usually let a headache run its course instead of taking anything for it. But I really have no choice with this pain. Its either stay on morphine drip or writhe around thinking of nothing but how bad it hurts. I was hoping the biopsy would come back saying it was just a giant cyst or anything that was benign. But the speed and sudden painfulness of it all made me know otherwise.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier78

If you can get in and out of the bath tub try a soak with epsom salts and baking soda about every other day. This could take the edge off the pain. The magnesium floods the cells and helps limit calcium accumulation, making for a less intense feeling of pain. The baking soda is to change your ph number. Hardly a cure, but could reduce your pain enough so you could be mobile again.

You are going to have to do some soul searching to determine the actual course of treatment. I had someone close to me have cancer. After about 300,000 dollars worth of surgery, radiation, chemo, hospital and skilled nursing care, plus prescriptions, the person died horribly.

I smoke, so I am interested in the subject. I would not use conventional treatments. For me, I would use DMSO and vitamin C. Mind you, this is not for everyone. A person has to understand the treatment protocol. If I got cancer and used such a treatment and died, I guess I would just be SOL.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Wow, thats an amazing story. I would definately say that with the size of those tumors you are lucky to be alive. Any cancer anywhere in the body is bad, but the location of mine is what scares me the most and the lack of info on them. Theres roughly 2,000 people diagnosed with sinus tumors in the US annually. And almost all of them are benign. Its very close to my brain and eyes, and nerves and lots of thing in my head there. Thank you for sharing your story with me.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Thank you for the advice, you're the second person that has mentioned the baking soda, and I believe I heard someone else say something about it on a thread on here before so I feel like it might be wise to start drinking some every day. (it certainly cant hurt). I need to get some more info before I can really decide on what to do about it. The ER where I've been has limiteed facilities, so I'm gonna wait until tomorrow when I get to Houston to talk to my doctor, see exactly what I'm dealing with and weigh my options. Thank you all for the prayers and kind words.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't know of a scarier statement than "You have cancer."

Stay positive, stay strong and know your ATS friends and family are keeping you steady in their thoughts and prayers.

If I can do anything at all, just send a U2U and I'll do my utmost to help.

Janice

top topics

<<   2 >>

join