It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS ... a Main Stream Media Insider!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Hey tvtexan! Welcome to ATS!

I was thinking about getting into journalism when I go back to school. I was doing a communications degree but I left.
few questions..

1. since stories can be easily spun into a liberal or conservative web, depending on the network's agenda, are there less un-biased journalists?

2. everyone knows that fear and sex sells attention, how often would stories with a positive light be shunned because of a negative one that could get more attention?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late to the party! Hello and welcome!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by tvtexan

Welcome to ATS!

I'm curious about something and hope you'll share your opinion with us:

Do you think that the manipulation you claim is current in broadcast media holds true for print media?

If so, at what point in time do you feel journalistic integrity flew out the window?

Looking forward to your responses.

How best to answer this?..... Let me start with a little history.... I was born in the late 60's, raised during the 70's, lived it up in the 80's, became a father in the 90's, raised a family in the 00's, and now unfortunately divorced in the 10's!
I state all of that as a means of context only. I think understanding context is very important when asking someone their opinion. I'm not some bored punk on summer vacation.

As far as the print media goes... they were the pioneer's of manipulation and dis-information. Print media is way easier to manipulate than media that requires video and audio! The company that I work for also owns a couple magazines, that you can find on many newsstands, and I could tell you stories about thier practices that would crumble any hope you ever had in print media.

When did it happen? Way before you or I were born.
I have worked with "Old Timers" that were "there" when we landed on the moon, "there" when the Bay of Pigs fiasco happened, "there" when Kennedy was assassinated, "there" when the Tet Offensive supposedly happened, "there" when OPEC strangled the oil, "there" during the Iranian hostage crisis, I could go on and on......
The thing is that they all say they same thing... they got their information about these events from the government!
They believed that what they were being told was true, why would the government lie to us?

I have more to say about all of this, but let me leave you with a quote from a few years back.....

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have government without newspapers, or newspapers without government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well lemme be the first to accuse..

disinfo agent.. no MSM would ever defect..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

1. since stories can be easily spun into a liberal or conservative web, depending on the network's agenda, are there less un-biased journalists?

I wish I could answer that question with optimism.
I remember working for FOX News when they first launched. I thought "finally" a media organization that is edgey and willing to tell the truth! Before that all we had was the big three (ABC, NBC, CBS), and then CNN (just an extension of the of the big three). Fox quickly became just like the others, and now they are much worse!
I do not know of any un-biased media organizations within the US. (present website excluded!)

everyone knows that fear and sex sells attention, how often would stories with a positive light be shunned because of a negative one that could get more attention?

It's not about positive or negative in the way that you think. Both positive and negative can cause very personal emotions within each of us, and every story we run is meant to solicit a response from one or the other.
The problem is that I have never worked for a news organization that didn't tell me, the producer, or the talent, how exactly they wanted the story told. If you don't deliver the story they want, you won't work there very long. If you can't deliver the sensational story, you will soon be working for the #3 station in bumblefu*k Kentucky or the likes.

No offense to those who live in bumblefu*k Kentucky, I have actually driven through there and found it quite nice.
edit on 25-6-2011 by tvtexan because: ETA: Apology to Kentucky

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
reply to post by juveous

I wish I could answer that question with optimism.
I remember working for FOX News when they first launched. I thought "finally" a media organization that is edgey and willing to tell the truth! Before that all we had was the big three (ABC, NBC, CBS), and then CNN (just an extension of the of the big three). Fox quickly became just like the others, and now they are much worse!
I do not know of any un-biased media organizations within the US. (present website excluded!)

So. I came into this thread expecting to be pissed off about whatever you had to say, because I come from a looooong line of journalists, and am a journalist myself. And most people that claim to have the inside scoop on, well a lot of things, can really be full of it.

But, as I kept reading, I kept thinking hey, this guy knows what's up. The above quote really clinched it for me. I like you, man.

One of my immediate family members was an anchor for Fox News for about 15 years. I saw the effects of that network's downfall demonstrated first hand. This person had a lot of internal conflict working for Fox towards the end of that 15 years.

Anyhow, I do wish to contest your allegation that print media can get away with more! Mostly because that's the form of journalism I make my way in. I think print media gets a chance to be scrutinized and fact checked harder before publication because it's not as immediate. I've seen a lot of stories in TV get the stamp of approval because the deadlines are more frequent and pressure is higher (I used to work in TV back in the early days as a grunt/drone too).

But I guess I'll let that slide, I like you.
edit on 25-6-2011 by PeasantRebellion because: Top Secret

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What do you think about 9/11 coverage?

What do you think of "Harley Man"?

What do you personally question of 9/11 , if anything?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, friend.

It's refreshing to see someone from 'the Mainstream Media' grace us trench dwellers with their presence.

The current lack of information concerning Earth Changes on the MSM is extremely disheartening, but begs the question:

What do they know about the big picture, or are they just scraping stories together to make the 6 o'clock?

Did you notice any pattern of stories that were denied air time?

Welcome, and thanks for the info.

Look forward to seeing you around...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
nice hat pic...however, you forgot the antenna feather in the cap...allows for the good scans to get through

Anyhow, to the rest of you...whats with all the questions? its a new guy whom said he works as a msm insider...inside what? the cafe? inside the janitors closet? are you Keith Olbermann? Who are you and what access do you have is the better question

not name yourself, but..like,, are you a cameraman, a grip? a journalist? Would you allow one of the mods to check your credentials so we know your not just some taco bell guy wanting to feel popular and your word is from the lips of god?

I don't deny you may be a high level insider to guide us into the light as to the corruption of our media, but I also don't deny many things possible...such as you are a nobody that wants to slowly alter a viewpoint that is in opposition to actual facts do to your "insider" status, etc...

Surely you know what I mean and take no offense...but ya, if we believe everyones claim as gospel, then we might as well just call this "board of legends and myths"...

incidently, did you know I am actually a former president?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If you can't deliver the sensational story, you will soon be working for the #3 station in bumblefu*k Kentucky or the likes.

Incidently, that sounds like the station to watch for actual news then...less glitter, more substance.

I say that, but in all honesty, I find dispassionate news to be a bit boring...news is now entertainment, and c-span, and even cnn can put one to sleep quickly unless you feel you have something at stake personally with whats being reported.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Good place to be when TSHTF!

Hi and welcome

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this - in what way do you feel the S will HTF? And what gives you the impression this is forthcoming?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nice to meet you, Mr. President! I'm a Hall of Fame Linebacker, maybe we could sign autographs together someday!

Welcome, tvtexan
I see no reason to doubt what you say, given that you mention you're simply a grunt, rather than a higher-up within the MSM, though, I am curious as well exactly what being a grunt would entail.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I seriously doubt he knows for sure if or when the proverbial S will HTF. If he knew, would he be making a post in the intro thread or preparing himself?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

First of all, I thank you for your response!

I was not trying to specifically denounce all of the print media in this country, as much as I was trying to point out that they were the original purveyors of deception in the media. The poster had asked me if I thought that the problems I saw in broadcast media were also in print media. Since I have worked in broadcast for over 20 years, and the company I now work for publishes two different magazines, I felt compelled to be honest about what I know.

I can't declare that all print media is bad, just like I can't declare that all broadcast media is bad. All I know is what I've seen, and what I've been asked to do. Obviously print media takes more editorial time and consideration, that's why print media has failed so massively during the advent of the internet. It is the exact same reason that Broadcast Media is failing.

All you really need to do is follow the $$$. What do people watch, what do they read, what do they listen to, what do they buy, where do they buy it? Pay attention to those questions and you will see a pattern develop.

I can tell you that the pattern is on purpose.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
Can't wait to hear more about your experiences and inside info!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Hey tvtexan! Welcome... again!
I think I might have offended you with my questions, or else you missed them altogether, but I didn't mean why are YOU as a reporter so quiet about these events. I meant why does the Media as a whole not focus on them... much.

My original questions from page 1 'cause I REALLY wanna know!!!

Why so quiet on Fukishima?
Why so quiet on flooding near Ft. Calhoun and Cooper Plants?

Thanks, it's cool you're here!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
tvtexan welcome to ATS i have alots questions for you on the matter of the Yugoslavia conflict and current Libya situation if you could answer some of my questions.

1.Seeing how you worked with the media during the Clinton era is it true during the Yugoslavia conflict there was a wide cover up by all western news well ignoring and not reporting serbian civilians deaths and rapes caused by croatians and Muslims.

2.Do you personally christiane amanpour is hiding some information on what really went down in bosina? because she has always been one sided much like CNN was and is.

3.Why are the major news networks avoiding the issue of Islamic terrorists in bosina?

4.Do you believe there was an undercover agenda in the media during the Yugoslavia conflict?

For Libya if you could answer them.

1.Why are the reporters covering the real reason for the war in libya?

2.Like in Yugoslavia are western reporters in Libya paid to lie in front of cameras?

3.Why are news networks always showing edited footage's out of east libya and not live are they hiding something?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Welcome officially to ATS since you have been a lurker for a while im sure you know the score here.

excuse my skepticism but we have had a spate of con artists and hoaxers in the past week. school holidays and all that. That aside i was wondering if you could elaborate on an earlier comment regarding a south american country beinga good place to be in a SHTF scenario. seemed like a strange thing to drop a line like that and not go into detail.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

I never really understood what a "shtf" senario is anyhow and how places can be considered as favorable under such a general guideline..

I mean, is a shtf senario some sort of 1970s nuclear war concept, or a comet smashing earth...is it a financial meltdown leading to a great depression? zombie apocolypse? alien invasion?

I seem to have not gotten the memo on exactly what a shtf senario is that everyone seems to silently agree on enough to discuss places to be when it happens.

I was thinking the salt flats personally...after all, the shtf senario may be mutant radioactive slugs coming up from the ocean and sucking us to death...salt...slugs...win

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

not name yourself, but..like,, are you a cameraman, a grip? a journalist? Would you allow one of the mods to check your credentials so we know your not just some taco bell guy wanting to feel popular and your word is from the lips of god?
I don't deny you may be a high level insider to guide us into the light as to the corruption of our media, but I also don't deny many things possible...such as you are a nobody that wants to slowly alter a viewpoint that is in opposition to actual facts do to your "insider" status, etc...

So you want me to post my resume or something? You want me to ensure that I don't work at Taco Bell?
When did I claim to be a high level insider that was here to guide you into the light? I get the skepticism, but seriously?

I'm not claiming to be an Illuminati or something! Ask BOONDOCK-SAINT about that one.
I'm not claiming to have all the secrets of the media universe.

It's My first Thread! Way to throw out the welcome mat!
I've seen "snip" like this from other ATS members, it's why I have been hesitant to join or even post.

I got a deal for you...SaturnFX
Send me a PM with your resume and credentials and I will do the same.
Then everyone on ATS can rest assured that YOU have vetted my candidacy for "President".
\

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join