It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to ATS ... a Main Stream Media Insider!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm a long time lurker and finally joined a few months ago.

A little about me:
I have worked for the MSM for over 20 years. I have been on the scene of several noteworthy events in American history during that time: the Waco standoff, OJ Trial, Tim McVeigh trial, JonBenét Ramsey Kidnapping, Columbine Shooting, not to mention all the Superbowls, Presidential visits, and Hurricanes over the years.

I have certainly seen some very sad and disturbing things during my career, and as someone who has worked for FOX News, ABC, NBC, ESPN, and even The Weather Channel, I wanted to share just a few things that I can tell you about the MSM from an inside perspective.

I have read many threads and posts on ATS regarding the inept media outlets in the US, and have seen several accusations of cover-ups, concealment of information, and even the fabrication of information. While my position has never given me direct access to some high level executive that's given me marching orders from on high, I can tell you, with all certainly, that THERE IS A CONSPIRACY IN THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA!

We in the media are always told that "it's all about the ratings!", and although that part is true for revenue, there is something else going on behind the scenes. Every assignment editor, producer, and news director knows that any story can be bent to fit a specific viewpoint, and 99% of the viewers will blindly accept whatever they are told. It's almost a running joke. I can only attest to what I've seen first hand: stories being scrapped for no apparent reason, stories grossly distorted to convey a completely different view, and other important stories that are not even covered.

The only proof I can offer is 20 years worth of experiences, of which I hope to share with ATS members as the threads and time permit.

I look forward to discussing, sharing, and learning from you all!

TVTEXAN

P.S. - I just fashioned a tin foil hat into the shape of a cowboy hat, that way it keeps the rain off my face and neck as well! Might as well be a functional kind of crazy, right?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c31014ba533b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for being forward and honest with us about it.
It would be interesting to hear some examples from you. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Welcome!

"Functional crazy" kind of describes the entirety of ATS!
You'll fit right in.

Quick question, when stories are cut, trimmed, rinsed, and spun, is it always in the same direction? For example do they always support one political side, or one agenda, or do they just spin it to be as dramatic and shocking as possible without regard for how it affects the accuracy? Have you seen them dramatize one story to demonize a gun owner, but then turn around and dramatize another story in support of a heroic gun owner, or something similar?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's almost a running joke? I think it is; Family Guy, The Middle, The Simpsons, American Dad, Modern Family, South Park, and many others clearly make fun of the stupidity and apathy of the middle class.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Greetings from a fellow Texan! Or should I say Howdy

Definitely looking foward to reading your contributions to the site

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow, this might be one of my favorite introductions.

20 years in the media must have been quite some hell. And I am sure that you've got plenty of information to share with us truth hounds.

As many of us know, the MSM is nothing more than the wagging tongue of the proverbial Beast of discord.
But perhaps you have some specific information regarding the U.S involvement with the Middle-east?
Ulterior motives that rarely come to light and even more rarely are ever discussed.

As far as the Columbine shootings, just how badly did the media do at covering the actual events of what happened there - and during your involvement did you feel as if there was a cover up taking place?

P.S: A tinfoil cowboy hat? I don't know why I never thought of that.

edit on 25-6-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Welcome to ATS

Can you give your opinion or experiences with Pool reporting. Possibly a before pool reporting vs after?

link   
Welcome

Make sure you check out our very own MSM (well we are trying) by listening to ATS LIVE RADIO TONIGHT.

Show Thread - HERE where we will be discussing 12 Things That the Mainstream Media is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now.

Maybe you can call in

link   
Im loving the hat
Welcome to ATS i look forward to your contributions with anticipation.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I consider the MSM lying to the people as a criminal act and treasonous.

People get hurt and die due to this negligence.

The MSM shows me nothing but that they know how to fail time and time again and being worthwhile. They rarely ever conduct actual journalism, and 99% of the time it's straight up propaganda.

I hate it big time. Why? Because I am SICK and TIRED of trying to de-program people and explain to them the basic facts of reality. The media has totally convinced these people that fantasy is real, and reality is fantasy.

It's total treason. It's extremely anti-freedom.

But thanks for coming to ATS and admitting what most of us already know to the be the fact of reality.

I really do look forward to your future posts so that I can learn what interesting things you have picked up over the years. I am sure you have plenty to teach me.

I thank you for coming here and throwing a wrench into the machine. You have done very good. Keep it up TVTexan!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Welcome and nice to meet you. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
wow... you can be our spy...

But seriously, welcome to ATS and good to have you here

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by tvtexan

Welcome!

"Functional crazy" kind of describes the entirety of ATS!
You'll fit right in.

Quick question, when stories are cut, trimmed, rinsed, and spun, is it always in the same direction? For example do they always support one political side, or one agenda, or do they just spin it to be as dramatic and shocking as possible without regard for how it affects the accuracy? Have you seen them dramatize one story to demonize a gun owner, but then turn around and dramatize another story in support of a heroic gun owner, or something similar?

It really depends. Sensationalism rules supreme! What seems the most shocking and fearful way to present a story will almost always win.
As far as a political bent, It really depends on where you are geographically. In general the media leans left, but that is a lot less apparent at the local level. I spent 10 years in Denver, and they were very liberal, here in Texas they are more conservative. I can just tell you that I have seen numerous stories squashed with one phone call from the mayor or the governor's office. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

You know what is crazy.....the government influences the press and the press influences the government at the same time. I work in state government, and we are extremely reactive. A Tampa Tribune or Orlando Times article will get an immediate response from the Governor to the Legislature to every department involved, even if the article is falsified or dramatized or already adequately handled months prior to the article.

So a call from the Governor or Mayor can quash and article, and at the same time an article will get the Governor or Mayor to react immediately.

What a screwed up system that is! Like a 24/7 Mexican standoff between government and press, while the citizens are caught in the crossfire.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Very interesting....
Ever interested in coming on ATS Live and discussing some of this?
Your identity would remain private...
edit on June 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I consider the MSM lying to the people as a criminal act and treasonous. People get hurt and die due to this negligence.

I couldn't agree more.

As for this introduction.....

If this thread has been posted with pure intentions, then it is good to see someone from the media come forward with some insight. Welcome to ATS, we look forward to hearing what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What a screwed up system that is! Like a 24/7 Mexican standoff between government and press, while the citizens are caught in the crossfire.
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's just like the White House Press Corps, if you ask the wrong question, they don't invite you back!
On a side note, I actually went to high school with a former White House Press Secretary under Bush.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Can you give your opinion or experiences with Pool reporting. Possibly a before pool reporting vs after?

During Clintons 1st and 2nd run for office I worked the Pool feed for the Democratic National Committee on several occasions, and I did a few gigs for the RNC during Bush Jr's first run.

I'm not a reporter, I work behind the camera. I personally don't care for Pool Reporting, it's only a way to further control/spin the story. I promise you that if you step out of line one time in a Pool, you will not be back.

Honestly, I liked being on the Pool team, there were more perks (free food, etc) and a lot less competition.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Greetings, and welcome to the forum.
You have a unique and special duty here I think, you clearly are a genuine
msm man, and as such you can bring evidence to the members of what we already know
is the truth. The msm is bankrolled by TPTB.

You can share with us some of the more secret stories that you know have been
scrapped for no good reason. You could be a very valuable member to have on ATS.

Welcome sir, and start singing like a bird

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My goodness, where to start? Oh I know... WELCOME!!!

Now, a couple of questions...

Why so quiet on Fukishima?

Why so quiet on flooding near Ft. Calhoun and Cooper Plants?

I mean, if sensationalism is the name of the game and all... well then, aren't those two topic like candy for a baby?

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join