It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would YOU want End of the World?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Most of the whole 2012 date is based on the Mayan calendar. The Maya like many other cultures think of time as a circle. The reason the long calendar ends in 2012 is because they went all the way around and 2012 is where it starts all over again. You reuse the calendar. It will be off a tad but no biggie.

The short count calendar predicted a time of change not the end of the world.So if you think the world will end because of the Mayan calendar think again because they didn't even think that. Heck the calendar already spanned lifetimes and generations past the lifeline of those who designed it why would they need to make it go any farther out. The procession is the starting point and end point.

If you think the world sucks and you want it to end why do you feel everyone else and the planet have to be destroyed along with you? Some of us are not as ready or willing to give up. If the world sucks change it.

I am not waiting for any god to come and save me. I am not a damsel in distress I am the master of my own destiny and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I think the whole 2012 thing is a cop out to make people feel better about knowing good and not doing good. It's much easier to do if you tell yourself the world is coming to an end, why even try.

Maybe 2012 is where we finally get off our butts and live up to our potential. If there is a god would he be proud to see we figured it out from our selves? Cut the spiritual apron strings we should be evolved enough by now that we don't need them.

"If the world sucks, change it" - while I agree that it's selfish for people to believe the earth should be destroyed along with everything on it just because it 'sucks', I think that's a fairly bold statement to make. I love this earth very much, and I feel love for all the life that inhabits it, but gradually it's all being destroyed by those who hold the power. Things do suck on a global scale and they're only getting worse, and I think a lot of that has to do with what you said - people don't realize their potential. I don't personally believe the earth is coming to an end any time soon, but I would like the world as we know it now to be done with. It's going to take more than a few people to be able to change the world on a global scale. You can throw statements around like 'do something about it' all you want, but I think it's going to take something like a global shift in consciousness and awareness of ourselves before things start changing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I agree Cinquain that it is not any easy task and not a one woman job but just giving up can't be an option.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am FOR depopulation of the rubbish on our planet, not all human beings. I think human rights need be for those who are really good in nature and will not do crimes, corruption, lies, greed all negative.

For starter: Get rid of the mafia, all criminals, dont let them waste space in the prisons just get rid of those who are in prison for murdery and similar.

Then Get rid of all who possess power, weapons and means of war.

Then get rid of all greedy people who seek to lie to the masses for personal gains and earnings and throughout corruption.

Then get rid of the useless minorities like gipsies who don't want to work when given the opportunity and whose only way of living is stealing.

Estimated part of the world population that needs to be left alive: 40%

Dont allow people to have more than 2 children per family. To great extent the reason why so much population is those with 7-8 brothers, sisters cousins and idk what else.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In my belief's, the World will not destroy Mankind...
Mankind will destroy the earth...
One day, water will run out, and then war's will happen.
If the chinese take over we'd all be slaves, if the Russians take over expiriment's and the American's, we'd all be unimportant.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

The long count calendar is a linear calendar. It is like our calendar in that ours is a linear unending calendar that uses time units that are counted. We count years, sun orbits and they counted days, rotations of the Earth. Although different units of time are used, the calendars are still unending linear counts.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
I am FOR depopulation of the rubbish on our planet, not all human beings.

Really?
So you one of 'them'

Get rid of the mafia, all criminals, dont let them waste space in the prisons just get rid of those who are in prison for murdery and similar.

I say keep the mafia... put then into the Whitehouse instead... then we will finally get things done
They know how to deal with the 'opposition'

Then get rid of the useless minorities like gipsies who don't want to work when given the opportunity and whose only way of living is stealing.

Hitler tried that... didn't work out to well for him

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Therian
I would like to see mankind back to the basics. Internet is great but no one actually talks to each other anymore.

well YOU are part of the problem not the solution

Turn off your damn computer and come join me
and yawl though it was just an avatar

That's me right in the center behind the then Queen of Caid

Problem is people talk and complain all the time about how things are... Just turn off the machine and go outside.

I say put all the doom sayers on the next Mars shuttle and be done with it. ( I also have a list of others for that ship
)
edit on 9-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I suggest that wanting the world to be destroyed or ended or most people to be killed is just downright odd. Why would anyone think that they would be a survivor if a calamity happened? Why would anyone think they have the skills to survive such an event if they were not one of the immediately killed?

I certainly prefer the status quo even if it is not perfect.

In my personal opinion i want the human race extinct...that means all of us, even me. I have druidic beliefs so i believe if we were to restart as other things that were left from ced "human killing calamity" and we could properly care for this planet and it would also let it heal, it would take what seems like a VERY long time to humans but is actualy a short time in a planets life, but us being here isnt letting it have that period to heal.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
In my personal opinion i want the human race extinct...that means all of us, even me.

Wonder if 2012 will bring it? Hope so.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's NOT surprising that so many people who believe in the Eletard/Nibiru theories *want* the world to end.

What do you expect from a lazy and degenerated society? It's much more "comfortable" to sit at home and hope that a cataclysm would end the world....instead of starting to realize that real change would start with YOURSELF and you would need to actually *do* something for a better world, even if it's only on a small scale.

Sad, indeed.

The real "world changers" are NOT the ones who are sitting at home on their computers speculating about non real stuff.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Please. All your talk of world changing. Criticizing the "lazy people". Null and void and you're referring to yourself. There is nothing to do. We're all here, all the "work" in the world would change nothing.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No. Nor do I want the End of Man, or even some kind of "return to basics". I like technology. I like modern medicine. I like being the dominant species on the planet.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I think the universe is a mirror of self and that reality is relative. Be careful what you wish for..

kx)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The problem is the "problem causers" that be are too well funded, too well organized, too well insulated from direct strategic attacks, and surround themselves with a lot of innocent children/others to make sure a broad brush attack will guarantee a catastrophe they can use. In addition, the majority of the world's people are boxed in to pure survival mode. Starving people in Africa are kept in constant REAL fear and crisis, people in developed nations are kept in chronic psycological fear keeping them enslaved to the Dollar.

There can be no peaceful means to circumvent this control and enslavement to fear either real or psychological because the distributed nature of their system. To avoid becoming a Gattaca like society, or worse, "brave new world". Such a means must: 1) destroy the Infrastructure beyond economical repair in one's own lifetime, 2) destroy all virtual assets and many records of ownership of tangible assets, 3) kill a very large number of people >70% of Earth's human population to prevent rebuilding of the old system and established power structure within a generation. The hard part is the death requirement without killing the Earth itself.

The best means to carry out this endeavor would be: Release a virus that is highly lethal worldwide like 12 monkeys, but not THAT lethal, approximately 3 weeks later later do a worldwide EMP attack combined with small strategic nuclear attacks targeting major population and tangible resource centers. Do the event without warning during early winter to ensure maximum casualties.

Effects; Mass die-off of Earth's human population to 20-30% in the first three months, die off to ~5% within one year. Worldwide anarchy for at least 5 years thereafter, Likely serious attempts at building new cities will begin after 7-9 years.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

Your claims on how to destroy most of the world's people makes no sense. You do realize that don't you?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

I'm still trying to accept that you just casually advocated killing off 95% of the human race. Do you really think that that genocide is the best solution to our problems?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

So to get back to the question, I don't really think many people want the End of Earth of the End of Man, what they really want is the End of Most of Man. They want a return to the basics, agrarian life, zero government, survival off of the Earth itself, total freedom.

Well said, Tephra. Highly doubtful that humanity will do this unless we are wiped out and have to start all over again.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Which is why it's never going to happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinquain

. You can throw statements around like 'do something about it' all you want, but I think it's going to take something like a global shift in consciousness and awareness of ourselves before things start changing.

Very true, Cinquain. It's definitely gonna take more than just some political changes. People need to change their whole way of thinking. Can we do that? I don't know. The earth isn't going anywhere, but humanity might if we keep on this path. We are destroying the earth, and the earth will save itself by getting rid of us if we go much further.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Meshakhad

Which is why it's never going to happen.

Which part isn't going to happen? Destruction of humanity or humanity willingly going back to basics?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join